MA - Local cemetery's giant rabbit statue causes furor amongst veterans

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jun 15, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Veterans' fury over giant statue of RABBIT erected next to town's war memorial (Daily Mail)
    more, with pictures and a video, at link above

2. Loading...

3. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

I think there are far worse things in this world to get upset about

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

4. Trino

Trino Active Member

If you're a veteran and have put your life on the line, equating a bunny with a memorial to those who have died is not very smart. I say put the bunny somewhere else.

5. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I think if it was strictly a Memorial park that would be different, but this is a public park where it just so happens they placed a memorial monument for the vets. I sadly think there is no harm in this, and the fact that is was made by a veteran to honor a fallen veteran even garners more support to have the bunny remain. IMHO

6. Quiche

Quiche New Member

It's temporary! Sheesh. As such, the Bunny probably draws more attention to the War Memorial...

I think the Vets who are all riled up need to grow some perspective: it's a public park, not a dedicated sanctuary. It's simply NOT all about them. Relax, and bring the grandkids by to see the Bunny who's visiting. :moo:

7. BuzzieCat

BuzzieCat New Member

It's temporary, it's not sitting right up against the war memorial, and it's not a cartoon-style rabbit. If it were Roger Rabbit I might feel differently, but it's just a white rabbit in a natural rabbit position.