Found Deceased MA - Michael Doherty, 20, Franklin, 14 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that in several articles Michael's mother has referred to him in past tense?

"Michael WAS our middle son."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-near-brook/5Zi9xgNw3y9FDikDpXWkPP/story.html

I know the chances of him being found safe and well grow slimmer with each day, but I find it very odd that his mother is already referring to him with "was". Unless the LE have told them why they don't suspect foul play (he left the party suicidal or something like that?).

She's probably a realist and believes that since nobody has heard from him since that night he has most likely passed.

He was a smart kid. It seems very unlikely that he would decide to walk a mile in the freezing poring rain in a tee shirt. No jacket no hood. I don't care how drunk he may have been. And to turn down a ride 3 times to only go a mile is also very odd. Where were the parents of this party? What time did they get home?

He was a smart kid. It seems very unlikely that he would decide to walk a mile in the freezing poring rain in a tee shirt. No jacket no hood. I don't care how drunk he may have been. And to turn down a ride 3 times to only go a mile is also very odd. Where were the parents of this party? What time did they get home?

Do you know Michael personally? That could be extremely helpful in verifying information about Michael, his friends, family, and the area.

Perhaps like other's have suggested... he was under the influence of drugs as well? I have never done acid, but my friends have, they said it makes the landscape look incredible and they wandered around outside a lot. That doesn't change the fact he probably fell into water, but maybe that's why he was outside in the cold, dark, without a coat and refusing rides.

Are we positive he even left the house? Has the house been searched by LE??

Franklin has been rated as the #1 safest place to live in the USA for like 3-4 years in a row. I think it's dropped to like #3 or 4 now....probably because of the increase in drug abuse. It doesn't appear Michael even went near a main road after leaving the party and went towards the marsh/woods instead, so highly doubt foul play was involved.

Perhaps like other's have suggested... he was under the influence of drugs as well? I have never done acid, but my friends have, they said it makes the landscape look incredible and they wandered around outside a lot. That doesn't change the fact he probably fell into water, but maybe that's why he was outside in the cold, dark, without a coat and refusing rides.

Doesn't really seem like the time and place to do acid.... I could maybe see shrooms but ya never know.

This doesn't strike me as a case involving drugs but that's the only way I can explain the oddness of what we know.

Even pot mixed with alcohol can cause people to black out or do crazy things. If it was raining hard he may not have seen where he was going and fell into the water. It's happened several times before.

This type of kid does not do drugs. Person who said he was walking home and coherent is not a fb friend of Michael's.

Are we positive he even left the house? Has the house been searched by LE??

Good question. I think it is just assumed he left the house because his shirt and sneakers were found and the bloodhounds picked up his scent.

I'm with you, 'xyz, there is some information missing, IMO. These were friends at a house party. He was described essentially as a sensible young man. His appearance and DU student status resonates with this description. He was not ossified according to those interviewed. Something went terribly wrong quickly, JMO. There is something missing, MOO.

Very strange, IMO, that a party goer mentions MD's phone was almost uncharged, unless of course that individual was speaking from what had since been reported. I may know too much info about a friend and they may know the same about me but we rarely know the percent of charge each other's phone has. Of course, MD might have been worried about it. So why would he not call his folks from another's phone or accept a ride?

Exactly Blythe. He texted his brother for a ride at 12:30. But left at 1:30 without texting his brother again. If his phone was low he could have used a friends phone before leaving. Something happened at that party. LE needs to go back to the beginning.

Exactly Blythe. He texted his brother for a ride at 12:30. But left at 1:30 without texting his brother again. If his phone was low he could have used a friends phone before leaving. Something happened at that party. LE needs to go back to the beginning.

I'll regret saying this but from where I come from this party ended early. In the wake of the legal implications of the fraternity at Penn State, I wonder what might have transpired that needed to be covered up. Navigating home a mile, even in Saturday's rain, doesn't require a survivalist or even an Eagle Scout, IMO. And shoes and shirts can be scattered by a POI. JMO

This type of kid does not do drugs. Person who said he was walking home and coherent is not a fb friend of Michael's.
Do you know him? I think lots of kids use or experiment with drugs and most people around them don't know. I'm not saying he was using, but we can't really know.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

No you don't need to be an eagle scout. But why would any one decide to rough it when the weather is terrible., you're not prepared in clothing, you have been offered rides, your phone is almost dead and then decide to wade through six foot high marshes. If this wasn't so sad it would almost be comical. This story smells. Something happened at that party.

Do you know him? I think lots of kids use or experiment with drugs and most people around them don't know. I'm not saying he was using, but we can't really know.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. It is not uncommon for college kids with goals to experiment with drugs. Especially marijuana.

I wonder weather there were any discrepancies in the stories of the 30 odd people they interviewed from the party, and I wonder how many of those 30 people were still there when the party ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave