Found Deceased MA - Michael Doherty, 20, Franklin, 14 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about 12 miles away and it was pouring rain early Sunday AM. We had a cold front come through with the storm so it was really rainy and really cold (it snowed at higher elevations a couple of hours north and west of us). It was in the 40s, and having just arrived from North Carolina, this poor kid would have been freezing, especially getting wet in the storm.

I have heard the police are saying they do not suspect foul play. Kids at the party are saying he was not drinking that much, but I'm not sure what qualifies as "that much"? I'm surprised no one thought it was weird that he insisted on walking home in the storm when it was not just pouring but freezing.

I live about 12 miles away and it was pouring rain early Sunday AM. We had a cold front come through with the storm so it was really rainy and really cold (it snowed at higher elevations a couple of hours north and west of us). It was in the 40s, and having just arrived from North Carolina, this poor kid would have been freezing, especially getting wet in the storm.

I have heard the police are saying they do not suspect foul play. Kids at the party are saying he was not drinking that much, but I'm not sure what qualifies as "that much"? I'm surprised no one thought it was weird that he insisted on walking home in the storm when it was not just pouring but freezing.

Was it possibly cold enough to get hypothermia? Sometimes people that go hypothermic will actually feel overly warm and remove clothing. Wet and cold is not a good mix and add in alcohol? This isn't looking good 😕

Was it possibly cold enough to get hypothermia? Sometimes people that go hypothermic will actually feel overly warm and remove clothing. Wet and cold is not a good mix and add in alcohol? This isn't looking good 😕

I had wondered this since finding the articles of clothing seemed very odd. The shoe found at the edge of the country club is especially confusing because that means he crossed the brook, which he wouldn't have done if he'd been going the right way. If he lost his shoe at the edge of the country club that means he was walking southwest, in the opposite direction of his house, and was clearly disoriented.

It was in the 40s for sure, possibly in the high 30s in the suburbs, and locals have said the marshy areas surrounding the brook could be as deep as 5 feet with all the rain we've been getting. If he was in those temperatures and was submerged in water at some point, and there was alcohol involved, it is very possible he became hypothermic, even though the temps weren't below freezing. It would explain the articles of clothing and their locations, which are a source of confusion for a lot of people.

It it is a small area though, so it's very strange that they have not found him, especially having found small articles like his shoes and his shirt. I hope there are answers soon, especially for his family who must be suffering horribly.

I don't know how I haven't heard of this, this is my area and he is my age. I hope he comes home safe soon...

I have 14 Mass victims. Here are a few:
Michael Kelleher- 23 years old went missing from Celtics game on 03/29/17, tried to hire an Uber found in the Charles river
Zachary Marr- went missing from Bell in Hand bar on 02/13/16, not allowed back into bar to get his jacket, found in the Charles River
Eric Munsell- bouncer asked him to leave Market Lounge after he tripped in the bar on 02/08/14, found in the Boston Harbor
Johnathan Dailey- of Boston left his apartment after hanging out with a friend 10pm on 10/2/12 and was found in the Charles River chained to a cinder block, He was an architectural graduate student.
Franco Garcia- went missing on 02/22/12 from Newton MA after leaving with friends at Marry Anns bar. Was found in Chestnut Hill reservoir.

I would double check the story of the person who said he refused a ride. just to be sure.

I have 14 Mass victims. Here are a few:
Michael Kelleher- 23 years old went missing from Celtics game on 03/29/17, tried to hire an Uber found in the Charles river
Zachary Marr- went missing from Bell in Hand bar on 02/13/16, not allowed back into bar to get his jacket, found in the Charles River
Eric Munsell- bouncer asked him to leave Market Lounge after he tripped in the bar on 02/08/14, found in the Boston Harbor
Johnathan Dailey- of Boston left his apartment after hanging out with a friend 10pm on 10/2/12 and was found in the Charles River chained to a cinder block, He was an architectural graduate student.
Franco Garcia- went missing on 02/22/12 from Newton MA after leaving with friends at Marry Anns bar. Was found in Chestnut Hill reservoir.

yeah, the chances of all these men falling into water on accident...no way. I mean, I'm not sure how drunk everyone was, there are witnesses that tell us Michael wasn't belligerent. I've been insanely drunk a number of times... around water too. My friends and I still had some sense to not go near the water. I don't really believe this is the work of a SK, but it's too suspicious

there are a lot of possibilities. someone from the party drugged him, someone from the party didn't like him, someone who tried to pick him up from the street and the cold wet rainy weather

there are a lot of possibilities. someone from the party drugged him, someone from the party didn't like him, someone who tried to pick him up from the street and the cold wet rainy weather
I haven't looked at a map of the area but it's also possible he was hit by a car and they disposed of the body. Probably not a very likely scenario but still a possibility...

You do have to wonder what happens to these young men. We have another case in Portland, Maine on New Year's Eve 2016.

Police said yesterday they tried to ping Doherty's phone without success.

A friend said:
“We were having a great time," before Doherty set out on foot alone at 1:30 a.m., his phone dead. "He’s a great kid, lovable. Bright kid with a bright future. He had just come home from college. Everyone got to see him. Obviously he was drinking, but he wasn’t that bad — to me, at least. I thought he was fine. I don’t know. It’s just a fluky thing that happened at a weird time.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...swamp_for_duke_student_after_finding_clothing

Maybe he started to feel sick but was embarrassed and didn't want to puke in a friends car so he decided to walk?

I've gotten sick drinking alcohol without being "drunk". I was completely aware, not sloppy or incapacitated. The alcohol just wasn't sitting with me or whatever I had previously ate.

That really does seem like a far walk especially at 1:30 AM. IDK this is very odd.

What happens to these young men? Well, most of them get intoxicated and are disoriented.

They try to walk home or somewhere familiar, get lost, get hurt, fall into a body of water or down a ravine, and that's it.

I do wish that folks would look at the facts at hand rather than trying to extrapolate that there's a conspiracy or SK at work.

/soapbox

This young man lives a few towns away from me. It's heartbreaking to see his dad on TV.

This doesn't seem to be the typical "intoxicated young man gets disoriented", IMO. The comments being made, JMO, are awkward and not quite forth coming. Hope LE can get search warrants for all guests' cars which "were not used to drive him home."

What happens to these young men? Well, most of them get intoxicated and are disoriented.

They try to walk home or somewhere familiar, get lost, get hurt, fall into a body of water or down a ravine, and that's it.

I do wish that folks would look at the facts at hand rather than trying to extrapolate that there's a conspiracy or SK at work.

SBM: ^^^^^^ THIS THIS THIS. I wish you could post this in so many other threads here on WS where the conversations get sidetracked with so much talk of SK or conspiracy theories when a young man is missing after a night of drinking.

So, thank you for your post. IMO it is great.

How far is Bellingham from Franklin? And how do they think he may have gotten there without his shoes-could he have walked there shoeless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin