Found Deceased MA - Michael Gray, 31, locked out of vehicle, called the police & given a ride, Peabody, 11 Dec 2022

Are we even sure he is the one who broke the window? Reading the linked article, it really isn't clear to me

"
The Peabody Police Department tweeted on Dec. 12, seeking the public's help in finding Michael Gray.
"Michael was reported missing from a family member on 12-11-2022 at 10:33 am. Mr. Gray was last seen after being locked out of his vehicle on Saturday night. Mr. Gray called the Peabody Police for assistance in opening his vehicle, but after entry could not be gained, he was given a ride to a family member's place of employment on Main st in Peabody, MA," the tweet said."

Right. Wife said it was broken by him presumably. His friend, the police officer should have noticed it if it were. Strange. The two people using his wallet is quite suspicious. And it also appears as if he may often take off on his own. Lots of twists in this one.

Right, it is really odd. The source I linked to previously says they were not able to gain entry, so that leads me to believe the windows were intact??

If the police officer was his friend, then that makes more sense why he called for help vs something like AAA or a garage, etc. Would also be interesting to know if he was behaving normally, and I'm also curious why one or both did not then opt to call a "lock out" service vs borrowing another car?

The couple who claim their dog found the wallet, and then used the card fraudulently could go either way in my opinion. They may be involved somehow, OR they might just be garden variety scumbags/people who made a bad decision in the moment, and then realized he was missing so realized it was in their best interest to contact law enforcement themselves. I mean IF you harmed someone, it might be kind of weird to then go and tell LE you found their wallet and stole money from them, right? It puts you right in the fire, so you had really better be innocent aside from the theft.

His belongings being found near the water is troubling for obvious reasons. There is also a long history of young men being found deceased in the water in Massachusetts, after vanishing mysteriously. I'm not implying this is what happened here, but I was reminded of it.

Right, it is really odd. The source I linked to previously says they were not able to gain entry, so that leads me to believe the windows were intact??

If the police officer was his friend, then that makes more sense why he called for help vs something like AAA or a garage, etc. Would also be interesting to know if he was behaving normally, and I'm also curious why one or both did not then opt to call a "lock out" service vs borrowing another car?

The couple who claim their dog found the wallet, and then used the card fraudulently could go either way in my opinion. They may be involved somehow, OR they might just be garden variety scumbags/people who made a bad decision in the moment, and then realized he was missing so realized it was in their best interest to contact law enforcement themselves. I mean IF you harmed someone, it might be kind of weird to then go and tell LE you found their wallet and stole money from them, right? It puts you right in the fire, so you had really better be innocent aside from the theft.
It appears as if they didn't have a spare key. He may not have had funds to pay for AAA to come out. Perhaps his plan was to come back out and look for the keys where he had been out walking, after not finding them he broke the window out in frustration? But where does the "found" wallet and clothes come into play?

There are too many unknowns with this case.

With something like AAA, if you're with a friend, ostensibly as the passenger though, you can call for assistance. (i.e. if his sister or the police officer friend has a membership, or even knew someone with a lock out service, etc. Just speculation by me. ) I'm curious what was going on where he borrowed a car rather than got help retrieving his keys?

Was his wallet in the car or with him? Were the clothes found the ones he was known to have been wearing when last seen or simply clothes known to be his?

It appears as if they didn't have a spare key. He may not have had funds to pay for AAA to come out. Perhaps his plan was to come back out and look for the keys where he had been out walking, after not finding them he broke the window out in frustration? But where does the "found" wallet and clothes come into play?

What if he called for help and the window was not broken, he got his sisters car, and the people that found his wallet are the ones who smashed the window and got his wallet and possibly clothes from the vehicle and just sort of threw stuff around?

Yeah it's not very clear.

MOO

What if he called for help and the window was not broken, he got his sisters car, and the people that found his wallet are the ones who smashed the window and got his wallet and possibly clothes from the vehicle and just sort of threw stuff around?

MOO
That seems like a logical explanation.

MOO
I tend to think this is the most plausible theory. The police officer (friend?) would have noticed the broken window. Plus if he had broken the window himself wouldn’t he have taken any valuables from the car before he left with the officer. It makes no sense that he broke the window to get the keys yet didn’t use the keys to drive the vehicle out of there. If he broke the window it was because he thought the keys were inside and then found that they weren’t. But then left the vehicle with a broken window and his wallet inside? No that doesn’t make sense. More likely this ‘couple’ found the car and broke the window and took the wallet and maybe threw some clothing around to mislead.

Then they did the ultimate stupid thing and used the cards. Which brought LE right down on top of them. I’m not buying the ‘dog found it’ story for a minute. A guy loses his keys and his wallet? He never mentioned, as far as we know, a lost wallet to the LE officer or his sister. Most likely the wallet was left in the ‘locked’ car and was retrieved by the people who broke the window. They later find out the guy is missing and make up this whole story of the dog finding it five days after the car was towed. I would say they held onto the wallet for those five days deciding on whether or not to use the card.

In the original MSM report about Mike being missing it states that after LE got to the car they tried to gain entry and could not. So they tried to use a ’slim jim’ or some other apparatus and were unsuccessful. If the window was broken this would have been redundant. Here is the MSM that was on the first page stating they had tried to open the door but couldn’t.

So did he return to the place where his car was parked and catch someone breaking into it and a confrontation followed? Did he fall asleep driving or wreck somewhere along the way? As we have all seen usually a missing person with a car is in the water or wrecked off the roadway. If he returned and caught someone breaking into his car and then something happened those people would have to be the worlds dumbest criminals to use the cards from his wallet…if they had done something to him that is.

This is all my own speculation and MOO.

I live in the Salem area and have been following this sad story. The dive teams, along with police, searched the water and shoreline on Juniper Beach extensively for a few days. They had helicopters flying overhead searching as well. Unfortunately, they have not found this missing man. The car he was driving (his sister's) was found parked in that area .... his clothing found on or near the beach. Given he was supposed to spend the night at his Mom's, maybe he had extra clothing on him (I believe I read early on that he was carrying a backpack). The information that's been put out there has been strange and confusing (missing keys, wallet, smashed car window), and I am sure there is much more to the story that we just aren't privy to. This all being said, I still hope for a good outcome, though with each passing day, that seems less likely. Plus, the weather here has been cold, rainy, some light snow. There haven't been any further updates from the local police or family. MOO.

I live in the Salem area and have been following this sad story. The dive teams, along with police, searched the water and shoreline on Juniper Beach extensively for a few days. They had helicopters flying overhead searching as well. Unfortunately, they have not found this missing man. The car he was driving (his sister's) was found parked in that area .... his clothing found on or near the beach. Given he was supposed to spend the night at his Mom's, maybe he had extra clothing on him (I believe I read early on that he was carrying a backpack). The information that's been put out there has been strange and confusing (missing keys, wallet, smashed car window), and I am sure there is much more to the story thatOh we just aren't privy to. This all being said, I still hope for a good outcome, though with each passing day, that seems less likely. Plus, the weather here has been cold, rainy, some light snow. There haven't been any further updates from the local police or family. MOO.
Oh, something else I thought of .... the location of his Rav4 that he was locked out of was near Spring Pond in Peabody, MA ... that is approximately 6.5 miles away from the Juniper Beach (Salem Willows) area where his sister's car and his clothing were found. So, I just find it hard to believe his clothes were stolen from his car, then somehow ended up in the same area as his sister's car. What are the odds of that? MOO

I live in the Salem area and have been following this sad story. The dive teams, along with police, searched the water and shoreline on Juniper Beach extensively for a few days. They had helicopters flying overhead searching as well. Unfortunately, they have not found this missing man. The car he was driving (his sister's) was found parked in that area .... his clothing found on or near the beach. Given he was supposed to spend the night at his Mom's, maybe he had extra clothing on him (I believe I read early on that he was carrying a backpack). The information that's been put out there has been strange and confusing (missing keys, wallet, smashed car window), and I am sure there is much more to the story that we just aren't privy to. This all being said, I still hope for a good outcome, though with each passing day, that seems less likely. Plus, the weather here has been cold, rainy, some light snow. There haven't been any further updates from the local police or family. MOO.

Have you heard of any updates or new searches?

The body has been identified as Michael. Prayers for Michael's family and loved ones. May he rest in peace. 1674919215148.png

JAN 28, 2023
A body that washed up off Edgemere Road on Thursday evening was identified as a missing 31-year-old man last seen in Peabody last month, said Essex County District Attorney Paul Tucker Saturday.

[...]

His body was found across Salem Harbor by a woman walking her dog in town.

The case remains under investigation by the Peabody and Salem Police Departments and State Police troopers from Tucker’s office.

The body has been identified as Michael. Prayers for Michael's family and loved ones. May he rest in peace. View attachment 398390

JAN 28, 2023
A body that washed up off Edgemere Road on Thursday evening was identified as a missing 31-year-old man last seen in Peabody last month, said Essex County District Attorney Paul Tucker Saturday.

[...]

His body was found across Salem Harbor by a woman walking her dog in town.

The case remains under investigation by the Peabody and Salem Police Departments and State Police troopers from Tucker’s office.

So sad. His wife thinks he was going for a cold plunge to clear his head. Hard to imagine in the middle of a very cold December night but maybe. I hope he found peace.

Did I miss it somewhere…did they find his sisters vehicle that he had left in? Why would he go swimming at night in December? If the car hasn’t been found could it possibly be in the water as well?

MOO

So sad. His wife thinks he was going for a cold plunge to clear his head. Hard to imagine in the middle of a very cold December night but maybe. I hope he found peace.

A little about cold plunging, a practise some people are into, quite different than what we generally associate with swimming.

….”A cold plunge is a form of cold water therapy — a practice that's used to treat health conditions or stimulate health benefits……

…….In the short term, Holash said, the effects seem really positive. There's an increase in adrenaline and a large boost in dopamine, which is long-lasting.

But there's a fine line between the health benefits and the risks associated with the practice.

"In a certain period of time, we're not able to compensate for extreme changes in temperature and we end up losing too much of our body heat," Holash said.

"At that pressure, if you have a really hard shock to the body and your body's at a really low body temperature, it can actually cause your heart to stop beating."…”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back