MA MA - Neo Babson Maximus, aka Charles Allen, 22, Dartmouth, 12 Oct 2007

I hate that there haven't been any recent searches. Regardless of whether he's alive or not, he deserves to be looked for and recovered and buried (if deceased). JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess you have to draw the line and stop somewhere. There just aren't infinite resources for the amount of missing people there are.

I wish they'd search the body of water near College Lane in Dartmouth. I saw it on Google Earth but it looks like private property to me.

I live near here. I spend a lot of time on this. Let's look at this more objectively:

I think, most noteworthy, should be the couple who said that he came to their door in December of 2009 in New Bedford (one town away, where Neo had an apartment at the time of his disappearance in 2007). Specifically he asked for a ride back to SMU.
SMU is the old name of UMass Dartmouth.
Anyone in the area over the age of 40-45 may often refer to UMass as SMU.
If Neo had been staying with people that age in New Bedford, he could easily have began using the term SMU instead of UMASS.

They seem very certain that this was Neo.

Most sites/blogs/stories still say that he was last seen on College lane in Dartmouth when he went to some strangers door looking for his friend and ran off, "into the woods".
That is an exaggeration to hype up the story.
He ran into her fenced-in backyard, which has some trees and abuts another, open yard of a different house, which sits on the main street where his shoes were found.

A week or two after he visited the home on College Lane, a truck driver thinks he saw him a few miles away walking shirtless towards a truck.

He WASN'T last seen running into the woods off of College Lane in Dartmouth or walking towards a truck.

He was last seen in New Bedford, where he knocked at a couples door asking for a ride back to campus. Let's start there.

There isn't a day tha goes by where I don't think of this young man.

Why doesn't the family actively push for searches or talk more about his situation and his mental issues? At this point, what could it hurt KWIM? Everything on the table, the good bad and ugly. Let's find this man and bring him home, I say.

Yes. Thank you!

Why hasn't there been more search in the vicinity of the house he asked for a ride back to campus?

Why hasn't that neighborhood been canvassed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried messaging his family via the find Neo page and got no reply - has anyone else tried to get in contact with family to answer some questions?

I understand some families may not be as "out there" or media savvy but I've found the lack of action by his family to be one of the biggest set backs for this case. It's confusing, as they took part in the TV show about his case yet there's little to no online presence or pleas for help.

Bryce Laspisas parents (whilst I may not agree with certain things they may or may not do) are a great example of being proactive and using social media to help find a loved one - always keeping them in the forefront of people's minds. We need more info about Neo - about his personality, his mental illnesses, any communication within the days leading up to him dissppearing - before we can help.

I'm sure his family miss and him and want to find him and know what came of him so why can't they help us? :( ugh I don't know, it's just frustrating. If my child went missing I would be replying to every single message with offers of help and information and getting involved in every single way to try find them and keep interest at an all time high,

But surely taking part in the TV show would suggest they haven't given up and want answers and help and exposure - KWIM? Actions saying two completely different things here

I wish we could canvass the neighborhood he was last seen in, in New Bedford

But surely taking part in the TV show would suggest they haven't given up and want answers and help and exposure - KWIM? Actions saying two completely different things here

You would think. But ignoring messages isn't helping. Maybe they know something more now and are keeping quiet until something is done.

You would think. But ignoring messages isn't helping. Maybe they know something more now and are keeping quiet until something is done.

True but to flat out ignore messages with questions, support and even general well wishes? That's kind of off. So would love nothing more than to have his mother or even his sister come on here and answer questions about their Neo - after 8 years now I cannot imagine there would be any reason to hold any info back from the public at this point! Could anyone try again? Maybe I will try to friend request as well and see if that gets me anywhere. I just can't get this kid out of my head and why he doesn't seem to be looked for or missed. JMO

Where are Charlie's college friends speaking out and doing fundraisers? Where are his fellow gamers wanting to find their once friend and solve the mystery? Where is the social media campaign for awareness? Where is the pressure from the public to make the LE do more searches? Why won't his family speak out and do interviews or answer questions? The senile fe if defeating. This was a young man who made his mark on the world and he mattered. Why is no one helping for him!

There was an online petition asking FB to release his account to private investigators. Where is the LE support/desire for this?

Why did an unrelated person start it & not the family or Dartmouth police?

I wish we could have more websleuths members get involved and help us with this case, I feel like new minds would be so helpful.

This case breaks my heart. Hopefully he is out there somewhere alive, and one day they locate him. I cannot begin to imagine the heartbreak the family has gone through just not knowing. My prayers are with them.

I just wish they would be more vocal. At this point, holding back info or hoping the police will solve the case isn't helpful or likely IMO so why not just put everything out there? Every detail, answer questions people may have about Neo, make him a person in the news that people can relate to and want to get answers for.

I haven't even seen any anniversary articles or pleas for help before, and I hate to say it but sometimes it feels like absolute strangers are campaigning more for him than the people he knew whose lives he touched. :( JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back