MA MA - New Bedford, "Popes Island Jane Doe", WhtFem 30-45, UP7253, emerald ring from Belarus, Oct'96

I was looking at the Interpol site, and came across this woman from Belarus:

NATALIA DALIDOVICH

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2013-60792

3d07c02b-009a-4c68-92f7-a06347693c00.jpg

Present family name: DALIDOVICH
Forename: NATALIA
Sex: Female
Date of birth: 23/11/1965 (49 years old)
Place of birth: MINSK , Belarus
Nationality: Belarus
Mother's family name & forename: SAMUSENKO TAMARA
Height: 1.5 meter
Colour of hair: Dark
Distinguishing marks and characteristics: Subject`s foot size: 36-37
Language spoken: Russian
Date of disappearance: 29/09/1996 When 30 years old
Place of disappearance: Minsk, Belarus

She was LKA only a month prior to the date Popes Island JD was found. And she is from Belarus to tie to the origin of the PIJD she was wearing.

I'm not seeing a real strong resemblance, but who is to know how much PIJD's appearance was changed by having been in the water.

The lips of the PIJD do not match Natalia's. They are very distinct looking. The corners of her top lip descend so that they are parallel with her bottom lip. Her nose in life was likely more rounded at the bulb, and not aquiline as depicted in the original composite sketch.

I am an artist too, and so I am going to work on a composite of my own to compare notes.

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2008-5901
I found this profile on Interpol.
Subject is Irina Franzovna Belovusova who disappeared in March of 1996. Yesterday, January 4th would have been her 44th birthday. Her nose and lips are very similar in shape as the PIJD, and there would have been enough time between the date of her disappearance and the discovery in The marina to make it worth a look in to.

Well, I've asked around concerning the ring, and of the people who have so far responded, nobody recognizes the design. Maybe, I'm asking the wrong people.

Still, that doesn't the mean an answer isn't out there. Let us not stop until we have a name and patronymic for her.

Peace out.

Both the women you found seem to match the descriptions except for one thing -- they're significantly younger than the UID. Early twenties to forty-ish is quite a difference. Do you think the UID's estimate is off by that much?

http://mvd.gov.by/sm.aspx?guid=176433
Oksana Antonovna Branovitskaya

Branovitskaya, Oksana Antonovna, November 10,1974, resident of Molodechno. Date Missing: November 25, 1994. Last seen leaving home at around 2 PM, and to date her whereabouts are not known.
Description: 20 years old, of medium height, slim build, hair, light brown, wavy, long, oval face pale, forehead middle, straight, eyebrow lines, blue eyes, nose, middle, bridge of the nose straight, the base horizontal, mouth, lips, Middle chin line. Special features: none. She wore: a coat of faux fur black, black faux suede dress shoes.
The natural hair colour of Oksana and Jane Doe are the same as are most of the physical descriptor, except for the distinctive emerald ring. I called the investigator in Minsk regarding Oksana and forwarded him the info on the Pope's Island case. He confirmed that Oksana is still classified as a missing person, ie, not a murder investigation despite the time elapsed. A missing persons report in the former U.S.S.R will indicate the article of the Criminal Code under which a missing persons investigation is being carried out.

P.S. The timeline and physical descriptions of both Oksana and PIJD are very close, but I've just realized I overlooked one important detail, which is that Oksana's eyes are blue, whereas PIJD has hazel. Sorry about that.

Lovky

That would be the one of two nagging discrepancies, the other being eye color.

Both the women you found seem to match the descriptions except for one thing -- they're significantly younger than the UID. Early twenties to forty-ish is quite a difference. Do you think the UID's estimate is off by that much?

That would be the one of two nagging discrepancies, the other being eye color. Looking at UID post mortem, I can visualize her face as she may have looked in life, and she does not look like the official police composite. So if they can be off in her composite, where else might they be?​

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2008-5901
I found this profile on Interpol.
Subject is Irina Franzovna Belovusova who disappeared in March of 1996. Yesterday, January 4th would have been her 44th birthday. Her nose and lips are very similar in shape as the PIJD, and there would have been enough time between the date of her disappearance and the discovery in The marina to make it worth a look in to.

Forgot about the root canal, so this one is definitely ruled out.

Apologies
Lovky

If I have a potential match for this that I found, how do I submit it? Does it go to the contact person listed on the contact page in NamUs? Just curious.

That's a good place to submit, yes. Many people submit to both the missing person's contact and the unidentified person's contact, and the LE contact as well if one is listed.

Okay, thanks Carbuff. There are so many choices in some of these cases.

Last note about the ring:

it says "gold", not "gold colored" but then it says "emerald colored" stone. Who puts a fake gem in a "gold" ring. (Or vice versa??)

Alexandrites come in green. And they come from Russia. So do emeralds (Ural)
I'm thinking this ring was the real deal. Gold, genuine gem stone, and somewhat expensive. It also appears to have the vine design (but no engraving of a prayer) that is common with Slavic Orthodox women....she's wearing it on her left hand. In the east, this means, I'm still available. In the west, such a ring could signify, "I'm taken"

Some thoughts on the stone: if it's a real gemstone, but not an emerald, it may well be a variety of green garnet. Alexandrite is not really a true green. It changes colour to reddish-purple under incandescent light. The picture of the ring looks like a deep green to me. There are several garnets that hue, some of which are mined in the Ural moutains. Demantoid is the most coveted. It's refered to as the "emerald of the Urals." Though it could also be tsavorite, a popular green garnet that comes from Africa. I'm not a gemologist, so I'm no expert. Just a mineralogy hobbyist. You'd need to take it to a professional jewellery appraiser to know for sure. (Run of the mill jewelers may not always be so familiar with more obscure pieces like foreign designs or antiques.)

How about a diopside aka siberian emerald?

My son's birthstone is alexandrite and it changes color depending on the lighting. Under a black light, it's blood red. It's kinda creepy.

It probably says gold because there's a karat marking, but "green-colored" because they didn't identify it specifically. As others have pointed out, there are a number of green gemstones.

Re: the dental work. I would take the "European" with a heaping teaspoon of salt. We've seen a number of cases (Sheep Flats Jane Doe comes to mind) where such a description has been found on re-examination to be mistaken.

Even if it is in that style (there seems to be disagreement about what that even means) it could easily mean the dentist trained in Europe, not that the work was performed there. I wouldn't let it rule out an otherwise good match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diopside is also a good possibility. By the way, alexandrite is my birthstone as well. Though it's so rare and outrageously expensive, I've never had a real one. I can't even recall seeing a real one in person, even with all the gem shows I've been to! Which is another reason I doubt this Jane Doe's ring is alexandrite. I wonder if they've ever had it re-evaluated since the first time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back