MA MA - Newburyport, WhtMale 11-17, UP11797, severely impacted molar, clothes, Nov'92

This is EXCELLENT news !! I have still not heard anything back on the 2 I was calling in, will keep trying. Please keep us posted. Great Job !!

What is taking them so long? I still think that Christopher Kerze could be a match - i think there is a lot of resemblens.

k-more info form the NY state police...mark Seelman does not seem to have DnA or dentals on file, however he probably wore size 13 sneakers. The UID had size 11, right?

i will keep you posted and here is what I sent to the NY State police;

Dear Investigator XXXXX,

It was a pleasure speaking with you regarding the missing person's case of Mark Seelman. I am a case manager for a non profit organization that works with the families of the missing, as well as attempting to match missing and UID's. We are located out of XXXXXXXX and the support we provide is not only for the families, but also for law enforcement. We have access to over 11K committed members of the public to assist with searching out leads and information, and we also partner with the Department of Justice initiative by collecting DNA of the missing and their family members to contribute towards a central database so that law enforcement can more easily access the information. We are footsoldiers.

Here is a link to Mark Seelman's information as it appears at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Here is a link to the Doe Network information on the UID which was located in Mass in 1992:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070umma.html

The contact information for the Mass State Police is:
978-745-8908. You can reference ME Case number 92-12.

If you decide that you would like to swab the family for DNA, please let me know and I will send you the contact information for the DOJ initiative. You simply request the kit, return it to the University of XXXXX and all of the processing is done for free. The information is entered into CODIS as well as a mitochondrial DNA database, and the results are sent to you via mail. It takes 4-6 weeks start to finish.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help!

Sincerely,
Believe09

I finally talked to someone with the Eagan Police today, and emailed him all the links and info regarding Christopher Kerze. He was very kind, and hopefully, we will hear back from him. I'll keep you posted.

p.s. never did hear back from MA State Police

Well, I got an e-mail this morning from the lead detective on Christopher Kerze's case:

To: Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 9:22 AM
Subject: FW: Christopher Kerze

Good Morning Ms. xxxx:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate this information to our agency. My name is xxxxxxxx and I am the lead detective on the case. I have already put a call into Massachusetts for follow up. I will keep you abreast of any information that is learned. Thank you again.

I'll keep everyone updated as I hear anything. This leads me to believe that maybe Christopher's DNA isn't in CODIS?

The next time you speak to the detective, see if he wants a kit processed for the family...We can get LE the contact info to order a kit and have it all processed for free...

Well, I got an e-mail this morning from the lead detective on Christopher Kerze's case:

Good Morning Ms. xxxx:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate this information to our agency. My name is xxxxxxxx and I am the lead detective on the case. I have already put a call into Massachusetts for follow up. I will keep you abreast of any information that is learned. Thank you again.

I'll keep everyone updated as I hear anything. This leads me to believe that maybe Christopher's DNA isn't in CODIS?

Good Morning Ms. xxxx:

:blowkiss::clap::clap::clap::clap:,

Good work Barb!

Salem

k-more info form the NY state police...mark Seelman does not seem to have DnA or dentals on file, however he probably wore size 13 sneakers. The UID had size 11, right?

i will keep you posted and here is what I sent to the NY State police;

Dear Investigator XXXXX,

It was a pleasure speaking with you regarding the missing person's case of Mark Seelman. I am a case manager for a non profit organization that works with the families of the missing, as well as attempting to match missing and UID's. We are located out of XXXXXXXX and the support we provide is not only for the families, but also for law enforcement. We have access to over 11K committed members of the public to assist with searching out leads and information, and we also partner with the Department of Justice initiative by collecting DNA of the missing and their family members to contribute towards a central database so that law enforcement can more easily access the information. We are footsoldiers.

Here is a link to Mark Seelman's information as it appears at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Here is a link to the Doe Network information on the UID which was located in Mass in 1992:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070umma.html

The contact information for the Mass State Police is:
978-745-8908. You can reference ME Case number 92-12.

If you decide that you would like to swab the family for DNA, please let me know and I will send you the contact information for the DOJ initiative. You simply request the kit, return it to the University of XXXXX and all of the processing is done for free. The information is entered into CODIS as well as a mitochondrial DNA database, and the results are sent to you via mail. It takes 4-6 weeks start to finish.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help!

Sincerely,
Believe09

:clap::clap::clap::clap: WOW Believe !! I'm so glad you did this. Can I be you when I grow up?

The next time you speak to the detective, see if he wants a kit processed for the family...We can get LE the contact info to order a kit and have it all processed for free...

Thanks so much !! I'll email the detective and let her know of your offer. :blowkiss:

:blowkiss::clap::clap::clap::clap:,

Good work Barb!

Salem
Thanks Salem !! :blowkiss: Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could match one of these young men and give closure to a family?

:clap::clap::clap::clap: WOW Believe !! I'm so glad you did this. Can I be you when I grow up?

Thanks so much !! I'll email the detective and let her know of your offer. :blowkiss:

Thanks Salem !! :blowkiss: Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could match one of these young men and give closure to a family?

:blushing: Alright, enough of that....

On a side note, I might have mentioned that Mark Seelman disappeared with a companion. The family of the friend refused to file a missing persons report for him, so the police did so themselves:eek:-talk about throwing your child away! In any case, the investigator is going to send me what she can so maybe we can start a thread on the other boy as well...

:blushing: Alright, enough of that....

On a side note, I might have mentioned that Mark Seelman disappeared with a companion. The family of the friend refused to file a missing persons report for him, so the police did so themselves:eek:-talk about throwing your child away! In any case, the investigator is going to send me what she can so maybe we can start a thread on the other boy as well...

:eek::eek: I can't believe they refused to file a missing person report ! How sad ! That's great that they are sending the info to you. Let us know when you get the info.

That is so sad! How could they not file a report on the child? Thank goodness LE filed their own report.

On a side note, it is things like this that make it harder to identify others (I mean the failure to file the report). When you don't have all the information, it makes it easier to overlook something...

You guys do great work!

Salem

Thanks Believe. I emailed the detective over the weekend, and got an early morning e-mail from her this morning. They do have DNA on file for both Christopher's mom and dad. I did leave the offer open for the future to contact me, and I would put you in contact with her, if that is okay?

They are still following up on this case.

I got an e-mail from the detective in Eagan, MN, and Christopher Kerze is not a match for the UID in MA. This is a real disappointment, because in the beginning, it looked very promising to the detective. They did a dental comparison which ruled Christopher out.

I am going to open a thread on Christopher later today in the "Missing but not forgotten" forum, with his info. I've now gotten a bit attached to him. There is very little info out on the web about him, and maybe we can keep an eye out for possible matches in the future.

Thanks everyone, good work !!!

I got an e-mail from the detective in Eagan, MN, and Christopher Kerze is not a match for the UID in MA. This is a real disappointment, because in the beginning, it looked very promising to the detective. They did a dental comparison which ruled Christopher out.

I am going to open a thread on Christopher later today in the "Missing but not forgotten" forum, with his info. I've now gotten a bit attached to him. There is very little info out on the web about him, and maybe we can keep an eye out for possible matches in the future.

Does your LE contact want a DnA kit, friend? KUDOS on taking this one to the end and your continued efforts to finding this young man!! K- clearly I was typing faster than i read and I see DNA is on file....

I thourght that Christoper Kerze was a good match I'll keep looking for a match for this UID.

Does your LE contact want a DnA kit, friend? KUDOS on taking this one to the end and your continued efforts to finding this young man!! K- clearly I was typing faster than i read and I see DNA is on file....

LOL !! No problem. I hope it was okay for me to leave the door open to contact me in the future if they ever needed DNA kits for other cases, which I would then turn over to you. Is that okay?

We were getting really excited about this being a possible match and it was a big letdown to all the investigators and to me when it wasn't. I plan to keep trying to identify the UID and find Christoper.

LOL !! No problem. I hope it was okay for me to leave the door open to contact me in the future if they ever needed DNA kits for other cases, which I would then turn over to you. Is that okay?

We were getting really excited about this being a possible match and it was a big letdown to all the investigators and to me when it wasn't. I plan to keep trying to identify the UID and find Christoper.

Absolutely-DNA is a big deal with me...

Was there ever an update on this case RE: Mark Seelman?

Was there ever an update on this case RE: Mark Seelman?

Funny you should bring this up-the shoe size was wrong, IIRC, between the UID and Mark Seelman and the impacted molar. However, I am wondering if this person listed on Facebook as Mark Seelman is our boy.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Mark-Seelman/549989756

He is spot on the right age and really looks like him to me-I have sent him a few requests to be "friends" which have been ignored. I passed it along as a lead to the NY State Police as well...what do you guys think?

I do see a resemblance but I do know that when I search my name, which like Mark Seelman's is fairly common but not too common, I come up with people my own age with the same name even in the same state. I wouldn't rule it out but chances are they are two completely different people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back