MA MA/NH - Missing teen girls in New England, 2012-2013

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by CatFancier, Oct 28, 2013.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

Deep12 came up with a good idea based on some findings after Abigail Hernandez' disappearance. To start with, here is a list:

2/20/12, Medford, MA: Jenny Castro, 15
    2/22/12 New Bedford, MA: Cristina Hernandez, 17
    12/5/12 Worcester, MA: Kathryia Leclee, 14
    1/28/13 New Bedford, MA: Alysia Laboa, 15
    5/24/13 New Bedford, MA: Taysha Torres-Santos, 15
    8/8/13 Berkley, MA: Jenna Lee Cote, 14 (located)
    9/20/13 Worcester, MA: Karissa LaTour, 16 (located)
    10/9/13 North Conway, NH: Abigail Hernandez, 14
    10/19/13 Springfield, MA: Jocelyn Garcia Gonzalez, 17

2. Loading...

3. Deep12

Deep12 New Member

Thanks Cat :)

'Jocelyn Garcia Gonzalez' seems to have recent FB activity(8hrs ago)...same birth date and town...

Would be grateful for any help as I can't find a lot of information on these missing girls...

Thanks

4. Deep12

Deep12 New Member

These girls in this news story were lucky to be found.....

"According to police, Pledger met the 15-year-old on a social media site and arranged to meet her Thursday afternoon at a location near her home. Pledger and the 15-year-old then spent Thursday night at the Providence apartment before traveling back to the Boston area to pick up her 16-year-old friend, the police said.

Pledger took both girls to the Providence apartment, where he promised them clothing and other compensation if they agreed to perform sexual acts for money, the police said. When the girls would not comply, Pledger refused to bring them back to Massachusetts despite their repeated requests."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...trafficking-of-a-minor/#.UmyKLmaVxeQ.facebook

The investigation is ongoing and investigators are looking for other potential victims in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, the police said.

5. boston_baby

boston_baby New Member

Wow, I am on mass., and I haven't heard about most of these...!

6. Deep12

Deep12 New Member

To me they all have similarities to Abigail Hernandez, looks,latino,age......and they all live just a few hours drive away from North Conway.

I cannot find anything online for them...no facebook page, news ,media, nothing for them being missing.....they must have family.

What are their circumstances that make these missing girls so different to Abagails disappearance?

7. AnjL

AnjL New Member

Are they all still missing or have some been recovered?

8. Deep12

Deep12 New Member

Still waiting on replies from some of the FB missing pages where the above girls details are displayed.

I did find another 4 Silver Alerts for missing girls in Connecticut

Ashley Newell 19 , East Hampton CT who is on WS as Active Search

Iveliz Laureano, 14, was last seen on Newton Street in Hartford, Conn. at about 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 16.
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/hartford_police_ask_for_public.html

Emily Colon , 16 missing 29th Oct NEW HAVEN, Conn.
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/10/connecticut_police_as_public_f.html

Celina Turner Celina Turner, 17, was last seen in Meriden on Oct. 19, and has not contacted family or friends since.
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/10/police_ask_public_for_help_in_1.html

http://topics.masslive.com/tag/missing-person/index.html

9. Deep12

Deep12 New Member

Trying to map the towns out from above Missing girls addresses.....
    they are all on main routes
    starting at
    Newhaven, CT to North Conway NH
    takes around 6-7hrs
    Via I-91 N, I-195 E, I-95 N

Came across this information!!! yikes....that is a lot of murdered women....

These are unsolved cases from the end of the 1980's
    here is a link for some cold cases including maybe serial killer/s around interstate 195 at New Bedford
    http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/serial-murders-massachusetts

Vermont and NewHampshire:
    'From 1970 to 2004 nearly 30 women vanished in the tiny states of Vermont and New Hampshire. Of that number, 10 eventually were found, most having been brutally murdered. In total, 19 women remain unaccounted for between the two states. By most authoritative counts, there are over 60 unsolved homicides in Vermont and New Hampshire that occurred during that period.'
    http://www.wnd.com/2006/03/35310/

10. Rivernh

Rivernh New Member

I have been following the Abigail Hernandez case and I was thinking of the parallels that many are drawing to Abigal Hernadez's case and the girl in New Brunswick, Genevieve Mary Cormier.

I happened to come across this article that took place in 2007about a family in Chemsfold Mass that subdued a home invader that happened to be a serial killer, eventually linked to random killings up and down the east coast. He was a long distance trucker, and just killed where he was.

What if something similar was happening here? Someone who travels for a living, who has a reason to be where is is. Someone who has a work reason to cross a border.

It is just a thought of course.

11. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

Holy moly!

12. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 New Member

Not an expert on this map making but I plotted the cities the girls were missing from.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...rKrC-ynNbQAg5qCzTDGH9Ep_UnHVmw&t=h&mra=ls&z=7

13. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

14. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 New Member

All the girls are listed as ENDANGERED RUNAWAY except for Abby's. Hers is listed as ENDANGERED MISSING.

15. Bodhi

Bodhi Member

I remember that. So scary. Such a close call. And it was completely random as far as the victims were concerned. He chose them based on the house's proximity to 495 or the overnight truck stop he stayed in. IIRC, he had also cased neighboring houses by prowling back yards and looking in windows at night.

Someone with a job like that is a good possibility. Mobility, lack of ties to the area, and not staying in hotels make someone like that hard to catch.

16. Bodhi

Bodhi Member

17. Bodhi

Bodhi Member

18. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

Wow this is crazy! Right now I live in central Mass, but I am from/my family lives in the Taunton/Berkley/Fall River/New Bedford area, and I have heard of none of these girls! Is Jenna Cote still missing? Berkley is still a pretty small/rural type town (though over the last 10-15 years it has become much more suburban), low crime. Honestly, I keep up with the news in those towns and am shocked to have not heard a peep about any of them.

All these girls are missing from towns not too far off the I-95 corridor, north to south, exceptions being Worcester and Springfield. And those are both right off the Mass pike (e/w). New Bedford and Berkley are also right off major routes (195/140/24). Trucker or other person who drives for a living?

How flipping creepy. :scared:

19. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

Should have refreshed the page before I posted, glad to see Jenna Cote was found safe!

20. Bodhi

Bodhi Member

My roots are in that area too. A relative had posted about Jenna being missing on social media. She lives with her grandparents and had taken one of their cars just before school started. There were tips she was seen around Taunton in the days after that. This thread prompted me to see what had happened. Glad she is home!

Unfortunately, reports of a runaway teen returning home often do not get circulated the same way as the missing info. Maybe more on the list will have had happy resolutions--keeping my fingers crossed!

21. Bodhi

Bodhi Member

Taysha Torres-Santos

http://eznotice.com/notices/4170096
    Legal notice by publication addressed to her re care and protection, termination of parental rights as to child ED 1/9/13.