Found Alive MA - OA, 23, kidnapped, Boston, 19 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by BrianL42384, Jan 21, 2019.

  1. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Victor Pena, accused of kidnapping Boston woman, is now facing rape charges | Boston.com

    Victor Pena, the 38-year-old Charlestown man accused of kidnapping a 23-year-old Boston woman back on Jan. 19, now faces three new charges of aggravated rape and has been deemed competent to stand trial, according to court records and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office.

    Pena appeared in Charlestown Municipal Court Friday morning and was held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing. He is scheduled to return to court March 15.

    Judge Lawrence McCormick impounded the paperwork for the case; this was done “to protect the victim’s private information,” Jake Wark, a spokesman for the district attorney’s office, said via email.

    On Friday, Pena was brought to court from Bridgewater State Hospital, where he had been ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation after his first court appearance on Jan. 23 on an initial kidnapping charge, according to an email from the DA’s office. Pena had told officials he was hearing voices and experiencing other symptoms of psychosis.

    The victim was found alive in Pena’s apartment on Jan. 22, three days after she was last seen at Hennessy’s bar near Faneuil Hall on Jan. 19. Boston.com is no longer naming the woman since she is the survivor of a violent crime at the request of the district attorney’s office. BBM

    ETA: Mods take note of SA victim survivor status
     
  2. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Man accused of kidnapping woman now facing rape charges connected to case

    NEWS 5/ABC

    Victor Pena, 38, is accused of holding a 23-year-old woman captive for three days in his Charlestown apartment last month. The woman was found alive and later reunited with her family.

    In addition to the kidnapping charge, Victor Pena is being charged with three counts of aggravated rape, according to his attorney, Bill Barabino.

    Victor Pena underwent a mental health evaluation since his arraignment in January.

    “The whole family, brothers and sisters, we are supporting him. We know he don't kidnap,” Pena’s brother, Jose Pena, said.

    Victor Pena has a history of being accused of violence against women, according to information obtained by 5 Investigates. However, Barabino argued that some charges have been dismissed.

    “We haven’t had a restraining order that's been upheld, and also he has no criminal record in Massachusetts,” Barabino said.
     
  3. MsGazette

    MsGazette Just call me Ms G

    Messages:
    833
    Likes Received:
    3,331
    Trophy Points:
    93
    The aggravated rape charge is very concerning. Brings all of this to a whole new level IMO.
     
  4. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
  5. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Victor Peña held without bail on Charlestown kidnapping, rape allegations; determined competent to stand trial

    Victor Peña, the 38-year-old man accused of kidnapping a 23-year-old Boston resident in January, was held without bail on Friday as authorities charged him with three new counts of aggravated rape.

    Peña returned to Charlestown Municipal Court on Friday after undergoing a month of mental health evaluations at Bridgewater State Hospital, where experts determined he was competent enough to stand trial. He was scheduled to face his kidnapping charges Friday, but authorities filed new charges in the morning, accusing Peña of committing aggravated rape.

    The Charlestown man was originally accused of kidnapping 23-year-old OA after she spent a night out with her friends in Boston, on Jan. 19. An investigation by Boston police alleges Peña forced the young woman onto the MBTA and kept her in his Charlestown public housing apartment on Walford Way for three days, before authorities arrived and rescued her.

    Peña remains held without bail by the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department and will return to court on March 15 for a dangerousness hearing, where he will face both kidnapping and rape charges, according to his new defense attorney Bill Barabino.

    Barabino was hired by the suspect’s brother Jose Peña, who lives in New Jersey and appeared in Charlestown court on Friday. The lawyer said he learned of the new rape allegations Thursday night.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    iulia and StarEyes like this.
  6. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Victor Peña: Man accused of kidnapping Boston woman sobs in court

    Jan 24/2019
    [...]

    He has been charged with kidnapping, but additional charges are likely to follow, according to Boston 25 News Security Analyst Dan Linskey.

    In court Wednesday, Peña broke down in tears as he listened to an interpreter explain the charges being read.

    Meanwhile, an ex-girlfriend of Pena's who spoke with Boston 25 News on Wednesday said he has a history of threatening women.

    M Centeno said she filed a restraining order against Pena in 2013 claiming physical and verbal abuse. She said she wasn't surprised to learn Pena was the main suspect in the recent kidnapping in Boston.

    Centeno said she dated Pena for six months in 2012. She claims Pena held her against her will inside her apartment.

    "He locked the door with a key and he closed the door inside with a key and later he put in his pocket or whatever," she said.

    Centeno claims Pena verbally and physically abused her.

    "With the right hand, punched me in the arm, and say, 'What’s wrong with you?'" Centeno said.

    But the final straw, she said, was a chilling threat.

    "'How do you want to die? Slow? Or fast?,'" Centeno said, recounting what she claims Pena said to her
    [...]
    Sources told Boston 25 News that several law enforcement agencies are familiar with Pena. In June, he was arrested at Twin River casino in Lincoln, Rhode Island, for cheating.

    According to police, Peña was caught wedging blank rewards member cards into slot machines and stealing the rewards points accrued by other players.

    "All the cards were altered in the same manner," according to the affidavit written by R.I. State Police Detective Andrew Emerson. "They were cut short and with a small hole punched in the corner, with a small black string tied around it, and the cardholder name and account number were scratched off the face of the cards."

    The affadavit, obtained by WPRI, indicates the cards were cut short so they couldn’t be seen when they were put in the video lottery terminal (VLT).

    "With the altered card inserted into the machine, any unsuspecting patron playing that machine would be generating rewards points that would be transferred onto the hidden rewards card," Emerson wrote. "These rewards points are transferred into cash or cash equivalent for goods, services, or additional gameplay within the Twin River Casino."

    Police say all the cards they found were linked to Victor Peña, of Charlestown. According to the affadavit, police were able to see Peña on surveillance video watching others play the terminals with his blank cards inserted.

    ETA: VP mental condition does not prevent him from scamming casino's for cash or cash equivalent goods. OA was very lucky to escape alive. MOO
     
  7. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BOSTON — Victor Pena, the man who has been accused of abducting a woman from a Boston bar earlier this year - a story that made headlines across the nation - faces charges of kidnapping and aggravated rape, his attorney said Friday before the details were sealed by the court.

    Pena, 38, of Charlestown, was in court Friday after an mental competency evaluation following his arrest in January in the disappearance of OA, 23. Based on that evaluation, his attorney, Bill Barbarino, expects Pena will be declared fit to stand trial.

    "He does have obstacles — cognitive obstacles," said Barabino.

    Pena came into the courtroom with his hands secured behind his back, head down as he faced the judge. He did not say anything, but appeared to listen to his translator with bowed head throughout the pretrial hearing.

    Details of the charges — one of kidnapping and three of rape — were not made public. A judge ordered them sealed until Pena's arraignment and dangerousness hearing March 15.
    Victor Pena, Accused Boston Kidnapper, To Be Charged With Rape
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
  8. The Night Watchman

    The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    475
    Likes Received:
    6,163
    Trophy Points:
    93
  9. mocity

    mocity Verified Insider

    Messages:
    922
    Likes Received:
    978
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Tealgrove and StarEyes like this.
  10. mocity

    mocity Verified Insider

    Messages:
    922
    Likes Received:
    978
    Trophy Points:
    93
  11. Seattle1

    Seattle1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    5,929
    Likes Received:
    52,857
    Trophy Points:
    113
    @Tricia and/or Moderators,

    Please edit thread title to protect identity of SA victim.

    2nd request.

    TIA

    Pena was originally accused of kidnapping after the woman was found alive in his apartment on Jan. 22, three days after she was reported missing. Boston.com is no longer naming the woman because she is the survivor of a violent crime at the request of the district attorney’s office.
     
  12. Harmony 2

    Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

    Messages:
    12,295
    Likes Received:
    16,793
    Trophy Points:
    113
    admin note: Please use the initials OA, in your posts, when referring to the victim in this case.
     
    MsJosie, StarEyes and Seattle1 like this.
  13. MsGazette

    MsGazette Just call me Ms G

    Messages:
    833
    Likes Received:
    3,331
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Most that I’m seeing are saying he was facing 3 and then 7 additional aggravated rape charges. The mysteriousness of this case is terrifying. IMO
     
  14. The Night Watchman

    The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    475
    Likes Received:
    6,163
    Trophy Points:
    93
  15. Tealgrove

    Tealgrove Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,882
    Likes Received:
    1,125
    Trophy Points:
    113
    It sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing and knew that it was wrong. I initially thought that maybe there was some cognitive issues but I'm backtracking on that now.

    He took advantage of a woman in a vulnerable state. He kidnapped her, raped her and would not allow her to leave. He was very much in control of what was going on in that apartment.

    He's going to spend a lot of time behind bars thankfully.
     
  16. Steleheart

    Steleheart Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Messages:
    5,239
    Likes Received:
    2,793
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Charlestown man charged with kidnapping, rape due back in court

    "Victor Pena, 38, was indicted in March on one count of kidnapping and 10 counts of aggravated rape for allegedly holding the Jamaica Plain woman against her will and sexually assaulting her at his Walford Way residence in January, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office."

    Very little news available.
     
  17. The Night Watchman

    The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    475
    Likes Received:
    6,163
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Victor Peña found dangerous and will remain behind bars without bail | Boston.com

    The Charlestown man accused of kidnapping and then raping a 23-year-old Boston woman multiple times after she left Hennessy’s bar in January was ordered held without bail during a dangerousness hearing on Thursday.

    Victor Peña, 38, was found dangerous by Judge Heidi Brieger and will remain behind bars for up to 120 days, according to an email from Jake Wark, spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office. Peña’s next court date is set for May 9.
     

Share This Page



  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice