Found Alive MA - OA, 23, kidnapped, Boston, 19 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by BrianL42384, Jan 21, 2019.

1. drjones

drjones Former Member

edit - she has deleted the tweet with details about a suspect and replaced it with this;

"The disappearance of Olivia Ambrose is an active developing investigation... @bostonpolice Holding some details and photo for BPD release."

reporting post for mod review

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. TxMother67

TxMother67 Well-Known Member

Ugh--this went from bad to worse.

3. Steleheart

Steleheart Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm wondering if her phone found in an Uber is actually true. If so that would explain her not contacting her friends after being asked to leave due to intoxication. May also explain the wrong way Orange Line direction?

This bothers me because if she was intoxicated then that means she was over served by the bar who are then liable for what happens after. Kicking a customer out because you over served them is irresponsible. She should have been held and given a cab - even if to just protect themselves.

JMO

Alcina, TexLil, GarAndTeed and 9 others like this.
  4. Steleheart

As a respected reporter, journalist and well known Boston talk show host Michele McPhee is def. MSM in my opinion. Reporters social media is always allowed. If a Mod decides otherwise then that's that.

Her web site Michele McPhee
    Her Facebook Michele R. McPhee

5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I guess it is not known if this is the only bar she visited that night? Maybe she had drinks elsewhere first?

Steelslady and Steleheart like this.
  6. Steleheart

Plausible. Her sister and friends would know that. If she arrived intoxicated it would not relieve the bar of liability if they served her while intoxicated anyway.

JMO because I don't know the law in that regard, but tossing out a drunk female into the night alone is unconscionable. Establishments like that have cab vouchers.

Alcina, asmi106082, Vail and 8 others like this.
  7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I don’t think she left alone? But then did not get into the cab with the man who left with her?

8. Steleheart

I see, so reviewing the above post by drjones she did not leave alone but the guy she was with left in a cab while she headed for the subway.
    I still think the bar erred on the side of recklessness if everything Michele says is true.

9. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

Many do have drinks beforehand because it is so expensive or they walk out of one bar and go to another. They sit in the back and a more sober person gets the drinks. I feel bad for these bars today because they really do not have any idea how many drinks someone has had upon entering.

Do we know for sure if she was that bad or did she choose to leave with the guy that was outed to help him?

ETA,,, I can't see her leaving for the subway without saying to the bouncer I want my friends/sister to know?????

Seattle1 and Steleheart like this.
  10. adot0902

adot0902 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I'm not finding that quote at all, the only thing that sounds like it could be what you are referring to is "Shared ! If her phone was left in an uber, they can for sure let the police know where they have been dropped off."

Can you show me anywhere in that tweet string, this was discussed, it looks like one person made an if statement and now it's a fact?????

Steleheart likes this.
  11. drjones

drjones Former Member

edit - weird, there is new info in the title and on twitter (from my original post here, a WCVB link) but the story isnt updated... will repost once its sorted out.

2nd edit - i caught this story on WCVB just as it was posted and in the time it took me to post a link here the story was already edited and information deleted, i think the boston police are really trying to keep certain info from getting out for fear it will impact the investigation (which i fully support if true)

ok here it is finally;

Missing 23-year-old Olivia Ambrose last seen Saturday night at Boston bar

"Sources tell 5 Investigates that police believe Ambrose got off the MBTA in Charlestown at Community Station around midnight with an unknown man."

12. AuctionGal

AuctionGal aka Grams

13. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

twitter.com/KathyReports

Also reported here

sassyblue likes this.
  14. TxMother67

TxMother67 Well-Known Member

Steelslady and sassyblue like this.
  15. drjones

drjones Former Member

the train station is in lower left, the last phone ping at walford and corey is in top right, about 3/4 of a mile apart;

Google Maps

margarita25, Alcina, kimpage and 6 others like this.
  16. king clopperdoodle

king clopperdoodle Former Member

So cold in the area these last few days - the cold and the snow and the moonlight and the pines.

We await and pray the warmth of a miracle, nothing less: let her live.

17. drjones

drjones Former Member

well its out there, cant talk about it, twitter...

my heart sank.

sassyblue, Hap and Curiousobserver like this.
  18. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Just saw- not good

TxMother67, Steelslady and Hap like this.
  19. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Hunt for missing woman, 23, who was last was seen with a man leaving a Boston bar | Daily Mail Online

OA, 23, was last seen around 11 pm Saturday leaving Hennessy’s bar at 25 Union Street in Boston, according to a Facebook page set up to find her.

O's twin sister Francesca said O left Hennessy's with an unidentified male - a claim supported by CCTV which captured the pair together.

The man reportedly purchased drinks with his credit card and the family said they are working with the bar to see if they can help identify him.

Francesca Ambrose told CBS Boston: 'At some point she went to the bathroom, came back and met the guy, and they were talking for a while and eventually they left together.

[...]

upload_2019-1-22_18-48-41.jpeg
    The family shared CCTV footage of the man who was last seen with O in the bar

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
  20. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

Long shot and probably wrong, but could she have been drugged? Enough to appear intoxicated but not enough to knock her out completely?

LadyL, Amstorrs, sassyblue and 4 others like this.