MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Karen Read has been charged with second-degree murder, motor vehicle manslaughter and leaving the scene of a collision in the January 2022 death of her off-duty Boston Police Officer boyfriend John O'Keefe outside a Canton, Mass., home.

She's pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Leading up to his death, the couple of two years reportedly spent the night drinking and bar hopping with friends before Read, 43, dropped O'Keefe, 46, off at the home of a fellow off-duty police officer for an after-party, PEOPLE previously reported.

Prosecutors say as O'Keefe exited the vehicle, Read allegedly proceeded to make a three-point turn during a winter storm, striking her boyfriend in the process before driving off.

After O'Keefe failed to return home hours later, Read allegedly went looking for him, before finding his body in a snowbank outside the home where she allegedly left him.

Karen-Read-and-John-OKeefe-8c0b529e6823492aaf409a1c96c15ccc.jpg

john-okeefe-police-officer-dd6a844c30fa4341b2dba22774525391.jpg

Reading this article sheds, a different light on this case. Once we find out who’s phone that Google search was done on, then maybe we will know if there is more going on with his death. Maybe the accused isn’t guilty.

why would the defense have access to someone else's cell phone?

nm posted my own theory below

Last edited:
I think the couple were fighting when she dropped him off. I think she knew she hit him when she left. Maybe she texted someone else from the party telling them what she did and that's when they googled the phrase. They then deleted it and other texts (after calling 911) cause they knew it would make them look guilty. The defendant told her lawyers about the texts to try and throw suspicion on other people. He wasn't beat up IMO. He wasn't attacked by a dog IMO. He was hit by a car! That's how he got 'blunt force trauma'. All JMO.

I think the couple were fighting when she dropped him off. I think she knew she hit him when she left. Maybe she texted someone else from the party telling them what she did and that's when they googled the phrase. They then deleted it and other texts (after calling 911) cause they knew it would make them look guilty. The defendant told her lawyers about the texts to try and throw suspicion on other people. He wasn't beat up IMO. He wasn't attacked by a dog IMO. He was hit by a car! That's how he got 'blunt force trauma'. All JMO.
It seems like it would be easy enough to see if she sent any text like that. If they are able to get the search history from someone else’s phone, they should have gotten hers also.

The defense also interpreted the victim's Apple Health data.

According to court documents, witnesses told police O’Keefe never made it inside the home where he was dropped off.

The defense, though, now says data on his phone shows he did make it inside.

“…The only reasonable interpretation of the 80 steps and three flights of steps recorded by Apple Health on O’Keefe’s cell phone clearly suggest that O’Keefe did, in fact, make it inside the Albert Residence that night,” the defense wrote.

But why did they wait hours to call 911 after googling, “Ho[w] long to die in cold?”, while he was dying right outside their house?

The victim was a Boston police officer. Many of those at the home were law enforcement including Boston and Canton, MA law enforcement and town government positions.Those who are theorized as potentially involved had livelihoods at risk. The investigating officer was friends with all those theorized as involved. There is more, much more to the story but it’s speculative and not from official news sources so I can’t post links here. Expect more to come though.

I've just begun to follow this case.

Amongst other questions that will no doubt come up for me is this tail light remnants issue.
If they were planted by someone at the party, as part of the cover up, at first I thought maybe one of them located Reid's car to smash the twilight and retrieve the pieces.
But now we see it appears the tail light might actually have been broken at 5 am thereabouts in the morning when she backed into that other car.
So how were the cops to know that the tail light was broken so that they could gather the pieces?

It was snowing that night. Hard to imagine that backing into him while driving slowly doing the turn, would cause a fractured skull.
Also re: his abrasions and lacerations on his arm, wasn't he wearing a coat, jacket? Was his coat arm torn up, and if so, by what?

Anyone in that cop group have issues with the victim? We don't know I guess. Were they all very drunk, perhaps aggressively so ?

The Apple Health thing with the # of steps is curious too.

Amongst other questions that will no doubt come up for me is this tail light remnants issue.
If they were planted by someone at the party, as part of the cover up, at first I thought maybe one of them located Reid's car to smash the twilight and retrieve the pieces.
But now we see it appears the tail light might actually have been broken at 5 am thereabouts in the morning when she backed into that other car.
So how were the cops to know that the tail light was broken so that they could gather the pieces?

It was snowing that night. Hard to imagine that backing into him while driving slowly doing the turn, would cause a fractured skull.
Also re: his abrasions and lacerations on his arm, wasn't he wearing a coat, jacket? Was his coat arm torn up, and if so, by what?

Anyone in that cop group have issues with the victim? We don't know I guess. Were they all very drunk, perhaps aggressively so ?

Yeah...I'm not buying what the defense is serving up.
I was open to their ideas until they mentioned the tailight shards. How would the homeowners at the crime scene have found the shards?

I wondered about the type of injuries the victim sustained. At first I was concerned that the injuries were all in the upper body and primarily the head. And then I thought about getting knocked over and losing your balance and then someone backing over your head. I really don't know what to think about the type of injuries in the end.

This will be an interesting trial.

from things I’ve read in non-mainstream sources the theory defense may be pursuing is that there were issues and he may not have had a coat if he did go inside There are clearly more questions than answers at this point but still enough questions to warrant that a family friend of the home he was at not be in charge of the investigation. I did see today the FBI has taken over handling so that’s a start for objectivity perhaps.

But why did they wait hours to call 911 after googling, “Ho[w] long to die in cold?”, while he was dying right outside their house?

I didn't realize it was hours. Someone else also said her search history would show her text to the person in the house which I didn't think of. So you both blew my theory all to h*ll lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back