MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

I haven’t followed this case at all...sorry for asking because I’m sure it’s been discussed but I don’t have time to look back through so many posts.

Were the three dead babies thought to have been born in between the 3 yr old and the 10 year old? And if so, is it mentioned why she didn’t kill the younger two also?

Or is it thought that the 3 were actually born deceased?

Some reallllll deep pathological issues going on in this lady.

Also, why was her husband (boyfriend?) seemingly ok with the living conditions?

‘House of Horrors’ trial: Erika Murray called young daughter ‘it’ – Boston Herald

A glimmer of hope is the three-year-old. They were very worried about her severe developmental delays when she was discovered.

From the article,

“heir mother is behind bars in Chicopee at the Western Massachusetts Regional Women’s Correction Center. Their father isn’t in jail but faces charges stemming from the marijuana police found in the basement”

I am not a big pot enthusiast, but lived in MA for 12 years, and even in old times, they were liberal about MJ. No one could persuade me that they charged him for MJ possession in 2014. I think no one believed his claims of total innocence and uninvolvement in his wife’s life, but legally all they could charge him for was MJ, though.

From the article,

“heir mother is behind bars in Chicopee at the Western Massachusetts Regional Women’s Correction Center. Their father isn’t in jail but faces charges stemming from the marijuana police found in the basement”

I am not a big pot enthusiast, but lived in MA for 12 years, and even in old times, they were liberal about MJ. No one could persuade me that they charged him for MJ possession in 2014. I think no one believed his claims of total innocence and uninvolvement in his wife’s life, but legally all they could charge him for was MJ, though.
I agree. They had to charge him with “something”.

Does anyone know how the then 3 year old is doing now? Hopefully the newest baby was found young enough that it did not suffer from abuse.

It strikes me as odd that the judge did not charge her with the deaths of the two infants, or not reporting the deaths, there must have been a charge that was applicable. Courts hold people with mental disabilities guilty every day.

My opinions only.

Reactions: byo
Does anyone know how the then 3 year old is doing now? Hopefully the newest baby was found young enough that it did not suffer from abuse.

It strikes me as odd that the judge did not charge her with the deaths of the two infants, or not reporting the deaths, there must have been a charge that was applicable. Courts hold people with mental disabilities guilty every day.

My opinions only.
I’ll have to find the article and link it, but there was an update on how the 3 year-old is doing better than expected. I can’t understand why she didn’t receive any charges at all on the infants. The judge seemed to really try her best to follow the letter of the law because, as a mother herself, it was a difficult case. I just can’t believe the little amount of charges in this case. It’s beyond me. IMO

Alysha Palumbo NBC10 Boston‏Verified account @AlyshaNBCBoston
The judge found Murray not guilty of the most serious charge of 2nd degree murder for 1 of 3 infants’ remains found in the home. Earlier in the trial, the judge had tossed out another charge of 2nd degree murder. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray was also found not guilty of reckless endangerment of her two older children because the judge found Murray was living in the same squalor to which she subjected them. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

In Murray’s jury-waived trial, Judge Janet Kenton-Walker found her guilty of assault & battery on her 3yo & 5mo daughters - who were found alone & covered in feces in her #Blackstone home. She was also found guilty of 2 counts of animal cruelty @NBC10Boston @NECN #Houseof

For each of the 4 counts that the judge found Murray guilty, the maximum penalty is 5 years in prison. If sentenced consecutively (not common) that would be 20yrs. If sentenced concurrently it would be 5 years. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

Murray has already spent nearly 5 years in prison awaiting trial. So legal experts say she *could* get time served. But we will find out soon. Sentencing is scheduled for 2pm. @NBC10Boston @NECN #Blackstone #HouseofHorrors

I’m here following too!

Kait Walsh on Twitter
Defense asked for motion for reconsideration in Murray’s charges. Commonwealth and defense are distinguishing the difference between the statute in finding someone guilty of reckless endangerment charge and assault and battery (reckless looks at state of mind). @wpri12

Commonwealth prosecutor Chris Hodgens reflects on how Murray treated her two younger daughters. “A complete abdication of her role as a parent.” Also said he’s been thinking about how the girls were found with so many developmental problems due to neglect. @wpri12
Kait Walsh on Twitter

On assault and battery charges, defense says mental illness has to be considered, even if not considered for acquittal. Says punishment is deserved if evidence established willfulness. But he says there’s no evidence of that. @wpri12
Kait Walsh on Twitter

Judge: Murray’s mental state at time of crimes has weighed heavily on her mind. Also fact that these were her own children. And the vulnerability of the children in this case. Had no way to defend or protect themselves. Also considered public concern by offense. @wpri12
Kait Walsh on Twitter

When she is released, Murray cannot have contact with children under 10 years old. BBM
Erika Murray Sentenced To 6-8 Years In Blackstone 'House Of Horrors' Case

Well, that’s something. To protect other children. IMO
For my own personal relief, I have a question for the legal experts on here. Does that mean if she has more children, they will be taken away? @gitana1 I know you probably aren’t following this one, but if you could take a quick look...thanks!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p