MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 Aug 2019 #3

The Patriot Ledger (newspaper local to the South Shore of Massachusetts) published an article about six missing persons cases that they feel could use more attention. Sandra was included:

6 missing Massachusetts women and girls where information might help

If you look up The Patriot Ledger on FB and see the post related to this article, there is one interesting comment re: Sandra's case.

Sandra E. Crispo – The Charley Project

Sandra E. Crispo
crispo_sandra2.jpg
crispo_sandra3.jpg
crispo_sandra4.jpg
crispo_sandra5.jpg
crispo_sandra6.jpg

Crispo, circa 2019
  • Missing Since 08/09/2019
  • Missing From Hanson, Massachusetts
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 54 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Crispo was last seen in Hanson, Massachusetts on August 7, 2019. Her car was in the repair shop and her son-in-law was giving her a ride that day. She was driven to a Cumberland Farms store, purchased cigarettes there and then was dropped off at her home on Spofford Avenue at 5:00 p.m.

Crispo had given her daughter Laina McMahon's phone number to the car mechanic as a contact number. On August 8, the mechanic called McMahon to let her know what needed to be done on the car, and when McMahon called her mother to tell her, Crispo didn't answer. She tried to call several more times but never got an answer. McMahon was concerned, and Crispo was supposed to watch her daughter's three sons that day, so she decided to go to the house early.

When McMahon arrived at the house, the back door was unlocked, the air conditioner and lights were on, and Crispo was gone, along with her shoes and purse. Her dog was there, without any food or water, which is uncharacteristic of Crispo's behavor. Inside the refrigerator was a watermelon cut up and ready for her grandchildren to eat. Nothing appeared to be out of place, except the bed boards had been taken off the bed and it appeared that someone had lifted up the mattress.

Crispo did not own a computer or cellular phone at the time of her disappearance, and since she went missing there has been no activity on her bank accounts. She had moved to Hanson from the Houghs Neck area of Quincy, Massachusetts only three months earlier. She had no known medical issues and no history of leaving without warning.

McMahon fears her mother met with foul play, but police are uncertain what happened to Crispo. Her case remains unsolved.

Last updated October 22, 2021; casefile added.

There was speculation here recently about FBI activity in Randolph where LE were looking for evidence related to a missing person, many thought this could be Sandra. At the time, sources told reporters that a missing man was the subject of the dig. To completely put this to rest, here is a recent article with confirmation directly from LE that explains who and what they were looking for:

Reward offered in disappearance John Tran from Randolph party in 2005

I belong to a facebook group about Sandra's disappearance where Sandra's family member is the moderator. Today the family member shared a link to the following podcast: Beyond Bizarre True Crime
with the information that episode 6 of the podcast was covering Sandra's disappearance.

The episode is short (only 17 minutes) and there were a few nuggets of new/clarified information:

The rear door to Sandra's house is a sliding door. When Sandra's daughter arrived on Friday morning it was closed but unlocked and she slid it open. Around minute 8:30

At first glance the house appeared completely undisturbed. The bed was partially sagging on one side where the slats had fallen, as if someone had lifted up the mattress and knocked the slats aside. The fitted sheet to the bed was missing. Around minute 9:23

Sandra’s cousin told Sandra's sister (and, later, police) that she and Sandra had spoken when she called Sandra’s house phone on Wednesday while the boys were still there. The two had made a plan for her to pick Sandra up on Wednesday evening and drive her home on Thursday. She never picked Sandra up because Sandra did not get back to her and she was also not able to get hold of her. Police later confirmed that her call to Sandra during the day was the last incoming call that Sandra answered. Around minute 11.

Sandra's daughter and husband hired a PI in the early days of the disappearance. The PI ruled out any involvement by neighbors but brought the family no closer to answers.

Several supposed sightings of her in the Fall River area were false leads.

A few months after the disappearance, when she was examining Sandra's bedroom on hands and knees, LM spotted a biological substance in that room that forensic examination revealed was blood, and some of it belonged to Sandra. This is described in the podcast description as "a faint spray of blood." After she raised the alarm about this, asking the Plymouth DA to look into the matter, the MA state police took over the case. They searched the home and removed several evidentiary items to the state crime lab for analysis. Results are still pending.

When Sandra’s father died, he left quite a bit of money. The provisions of his will were a matter of contention. It caused a rift in the family. LM is now estranged from her mother’s siblings, who have not been interested in finding Sandra and have not been a help to investigators, in her opinion.

I'll alert on my own post for a moderator to review.

I belong to a facebook group about Sandra's disappearance where Sandra's family member is the moderator. Today the family member shared a link to the following podcast: Beyond Bizarre True Crime
with the information that episode 6 of the podcast was covering Sandra's disappearance.

The episode is short (only 17 minutes) and there were a few nuggets of new/clarified information:

The rear door to Sandra's house is a sliding door. When Sandra's daughter arrived on Friday morning it was closed but unlocked and she slid it open. Around minute 8:30

At first glance the house appeared completely undisturbed. The bed was partially sagging on one side where the slats had fallen, as if someone had lifted up the mattress and knocked the slats aside. The fitted sheet to the bed was missing. Around minute 9:23

Sandra’s cousin told Sandra's sister (and, later, police) that she and Sandra had spoken when she called Sandra’s house phone on Wednesday while the boys were still there. The two had made a plan for her to pick Sandra up on Wednesday evening and drive her home on Thursday. She never picked Sandra up because Sandra did not get back to her and she was also not able to get hold of her. Police later confirmed that her call to Sandra during the day was the last incoming call that Sandra answered. Around minute 11.

Sandra's daughter and husband hired a PI in the early days of the disappearance. The PI ruled out any involvement by neighbors but brought the family no closer to answers.

Several supposed sightings of her in the Fall River area were false leads.

A few months after the disappearance, when she was examining Sandra's bedroom on hands and knees, LM spotted a biological substance in that room that forensic examination revealed was blood, and some of it belonged to Sandra. This is described in the podcast description as "a faint spray of blood." After she raised the alarm about this, asking the Plymouth DA to look into the matter, the MA state police took over the case. They searched the home and removed several evidentiary items to the state crime lab for analysis. Results are still pending.

When Sandra’s father died, he left quite a bit of money. The provisions of his will were a matter of contention. It caused a rift in the family. LM is now estranged from her mother’s siblings, who have not been interested in finding Sandra and have not been a help to investigators, in her opinion.

I'll alert on my own post for a moderator to review.

I just came on to say the same. Hearing that the dog was shivering.. brand new sheet to the bed missing, the spray of blood that the podcaster says 'some of it was Sandra's'. Estranged from her Aunts and Uncles. I wonder if also the one that Sandra was to go over to spend the night.. with the phone call. That cousin of Sandra's was on the interview speaking with the news reporter that Laina and her husband had done while back. I still do believe someone came looking for 'that money'. Someone that knew how to get to Sandra's house and that she knew for sure. Just really too bad we're told that the neighbors saw and heard nothing. I feel that at some point, for some reason, one of her siblings or someone they know, will 'crack' if they dare, and come forward. Key is if they dare.

Couple of thoughts.

If the bed was very noticeably disturbed, there was a mixed blood sample under the bed and the closets were "rifled through" how is that both the initial investigators from the outset and the state police later didn't see the house as a crime scene? This does not add up for me.

Forensic results are "still pending" after over 2 years? I think it's more likely they were inconclusive.

I don't see a sliding rear door in any of the interior or exterior photos of the house, including the drone shot. The only two doors appear to be the front door and the side door, neither of which are sliding doors.

Couple of thoughts.

If the bed was very noticeably disturbed, there was a mixed blood sample under the bed and the closets were "rifled through" how is that both the initial investigators from the outset and the state police later didn't see the house as a crime scene? This does not add up for me.

Forensic results are "still pending" after over 2 years? I think it's more likely they were inconclusive.

I don't see a sliding rear door in any of the interior or exterior photos of the house, including the drone shot. The only two doors appear to be the front door and the side door, neither of which are sliding doors.

I always felt that the perception of the police was their own idea of a crime scene. Sandra's daughter felt differently by her own instincts and feel about how her mother lived in the house. I'm glad she did go back on her hands and knees and looked even more closely as a little time went by. I also don't see a sliding door, if there are just the two doors. Maybe there is one out to the back yard I saw via the drone shot of entire house. I was surprised to see that there was a fenced in back yard. I don't know where or how the newer pod writer's information was obtained, but she does have a few more detailed items. Obviously the dog was scared, he saw what happened, I don't think because without refilled food and water bowls. He'd be glad to see people he knew in hopes of food and water again, even though not Sandra. It is so frustrating I know, trying to picture how things might of happened to have Sandra leave the house though under duress. Wherever she thought she was being taken if she walked out, without any scenes to alert the neighbors, seems to not have happened as her accounts were not accessed per what I've read.

It just doesn't add up as a crime scene for me.

The only sign of a struggle is an alleged tiny spray of her blood found under a mattress and box spring? How would that even come about in a kidnapping or murder situation? What's this other material the podcaster is alluding to, and why does it appear to be of no interest to the investigators?

This is the first time I've heard that her closets were "rifled" through. Again, this was of no interest to investigators?

If Sandra was bleeding from sort of injury sustained in a struggle or an attack, why no other blood in the house? Why no other signs of a struggle? There is simply no evidence that she was killed or even moderately injured in the house.

If she was pulled out of the house uninjured, why didn't the nearby neighbors - some of whom were very close - hear anything? It was also a risky proposition to remove her from the house if that had been the plan. While there was no street traffic, there were neighbors with second floor views of her driveway and doors. A kidnapper would have needed a car, which could have been spotted and later identified.

Unfortunately the dog can't tell us about when he last saw Sandra, but I can't read into his alleged nervousness considering he'd been alone with out food and water for some time. Also, wasn't this a rescue animal? Past experiences without food may have contributed to his skittishness.

I understand that her daughter may have tried to make sense of things in her own way, but I totally get why the investigators don't see the house as a crime scene. I still think it's much more likely that when she left the house for the last time, she left voluntarily.

I didn’t see a sliding door in any of the indoor pictures or drone shots of the house either. I wonder whose blood hers was mixed with in that spray... IMO It’s possible that there could have been mounting pressure, tension and possible infighting, with some of her siblings, over their father’s estate, that was way too much for Sandra to bear and she simply “walked away”. Maybe she had gotten threats and she thought it best to just “ disappear” . Also, I wonder why Sandra, allegedly, was the sole inheritor of her father’s house and estate when she had other siblings. Has this ever been answered? Was someone encouraging her on not to share the inheritance with her siblings? Jmo

is there an MSM link or any confirmation ANYWHERE from LE that this alleged blood spray was found? I'm looking and can't find that anywhere.

Good point @AzPistonsGirl! None that I’ve read, so far either. I do remember Laina saying she found something under the bed on the floor but wouldn’t elaborate in some of her interviews. Also, I didn’t see any sliding doors on the house. So where did the podcaster get this information? Hmm Jmo

Also, I wonder why Sandra, allegedly, was the sole inheritor of her father’s house and estate when she had other siblings. Has this ever been answered? Was someone encouraging her on not to share the inheritance with her siblings? Jmo

We don't know what happened with the full estate or whether her father left a will. We do know that Sandra co-owned the house with her father and had for a number of years. So the house likely went straight to her upon his death.

None of Sandra’s family besides her daughter have been active in helping search?
They are so resentful about not getting any money that they don’t care if she is alive or dead?
JMO

I don't think anyone has claimed they didn't get any money. They didn't get the house, but it sounds like he had a pretty big estate aside from the house. Which is not to say he didn't will everything to Sandra, but I'd have bought a house in a nicer neighborhood if I'd inherited a lot of money. It's also possible the estate was still being contested at the time of her disappearance, which could have been the case if he didn't leave a will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back