MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quincy and the Brockton area which is very close to Hanson have a large drug problem and is very pervasive. It is only 8 miles to Hanson Route 27 to Route 58. The crews that were working on the house could have know it was a cash sale and would not be general knowledge that Sandra did not have access to cash via any means and may have used a rouse to gain access to the house. Maybe " I think I left a tool in the basement, could I please check" I was in the crew the worked on the house. Living a very cloistered life can lead to a person being very trusting. Sometimes with the wrong person.

Quincy and the Brockton area which is very close to Hanson have a large drug problem and is very pervasive. It is only 8 miles to Hanson Route 27 to Route 58. The crews that were working on the house could have know it was a cash sale and would not be general knowledge that Sandra did not have access to cash via any means and may have used a rouse to gain access to the house. Maybe " I think I left a tool in the basement, could I please check" I was in the crew the worked on the house. Living a very cloistered life can lead to a person being very trusting. Sometimes with the wrong person.

I don't disagree with you, however, a couple of points that may add to this:

1. I don't know about Hanson, but here in Quincy a lot of houses (even priced as high as they are) are cash sales. People are always expressing frustration that they can't compete with the cash offers. So I'm not sure how unusual of a situation this would have been or if it would have raised any thoughts at all about money or valuables hidden in the house. I kind of feel like the seller would have dealt primarily with the adult children, not Sandra, since we know how leery she was of interactions like this (not willing to take her own car to the mechanic, etc). I kind of feel like the situation was presented less as "I'm a lonely woman paying cash for a house" and more like "we're a nice family buying a little house for grandma." Regardless of whose money it actually was.

2. Sandra's family gave info on The Missing podcast about how non-trusting she was of strangers. First, this trait was used to explain why she kept her circle so small. Secondly, her daughter related the story that when Sandra first moved in, she was fearful about the fact that the new house did not have curtains right away and was hanging towels over the windows. Sandra's daughter says she told her mom that Hanson was much safer than Quincy and it wasn't a big deal, but Sandra was concerned.

I just want to point out that a "cash sale" in MA doesn't refer to an actual cash transaction. It just means the Hanson house has was paid for without a mortgage. A cashier's check would have been brought to the closing for the full amount of the purchase. No actual cash involved.

I just want to point out that a "cash sale" in MA doesn't refer to an actual cash transaction. It just means the Hanson house has was paid for without a mortgage. A cashier's check would have been brought to the closing for the full amount of the purchase. No actual cash involved.

Yes, agreed. I think what I was trying to say that if people saw someone having the means to pay a large sum of money for a house without a mortgage, some may say - oh, well then these are extremely rich people, maybe they have large sums of money they carry on them or valuables that they keep around. Others (in this part of MA where this is more common) may say, no, this says nothing about what kind of valuables these people keep lying around.

I thought Sandra’s house was renovated prior to it being put on the market?
So would a crew take time to investigate who bought the house after the sale?
Was the house in Sandra’s name?

I thought Sandra’s house was renovated prior to it being put on the market?
So would a crew take time to investigate who bought the house after the sale?
Was the house in Sandra’s name?

In both Sandra's and her daughter's names. Yes, the house was gutted. I can't see anyone who didn't know Sandra thinking that the person who bought that tiny bungalow off the beaten bath in a lower middle class neighborhood was very wealthy. If Sandra only had the proceeds of the sale in the bank, she probably had to live frugally, despite not having a mortgage. Food, taxes, car expenses, electicity, heat, phone/cable, clothing, etc. 100k isn't a ton of money for a 54 year old to live on forever, even with assuming payment for the babysitting gig.

I have always been very interested in this case as it is very local to me. My belief is that the local police department probably did not take her case very seriously due to her past. Being local I can say that when someone has ties to Brockton or Fall River, your chances of being taken seriously in any situation are slim to none. With this being said, it sounds to me that given her ties to these towns, this could possibly be the reason she did not have a cell phone or internet access. It would also make sense to why her daughter was so heavily involved with the decision to move and take care of her grandchildren. She was trying to get her away from her past and start a new life for very good reasons. This is all speculation on my end. I am minutes away from her street and drove down there recently. There are dirt roads and the houses are pretty close but the placement of them is honestly just weird. Getting lost would be easy being new to the area. A huge factor that stands out to me is that there are several bodies of water close to her. I believe very strongly that she could have taken a walk and fell into one. Does anyone know if they searched the lakes around her home?

Does it sound like she had cut ties with some of her family? Moving away from where she had lived/raised children/etc?
At one time had a cell phone but now only a landline? Did her son live with her previously?
I have always been very interested in this case as it is very local to me. My belief is that the local police department probably did not take her case very seriously due to her past. Being local I can say that when someone has ties to Brockton or Fall River, your chances of being taken seriously in any situation are slim to none. With this being said, it sounds to me that given her ties to these towns, this could possibly be the reason she did not have a cell phone or internet access. It would also make sense to why her daughter was so heavily involved with the decision to move and take care of her grandchildren. She was trying to get her away from her past and start a new life for very good reasons. This is all speculation on my end. I am minutes away from her street and drove down there recently. There are dirt roads and the houses are pretty close but the placement of them is honestly just weird. Getting lost would be easy being new to the area. A huge factor that stands out to me is that there are several bodies of water close to her. I believe very strongly that she could have taken a walk and fell into one. Does anyone know if they searched the lakes around her home?

Welcome to Websleuths. Your thoughts align pretty closely with mine.

They did search the lakes near her home. However, IMO finding a body that's in water is not always a straightforward affair.

Welcome to Websleuths. Your thoughts align pretty closely with mine.

They did search the lakes near her home. However, IMO finding a body that's in water is not always a straightforward affair.
Thank you, looking into this case actually brought me here. When I drove down there, I was confused with a GPS on in my vehicle, I would absolutely end up lost walking with no cell phone. At one point I ended up looking out into water. There are two huge lakes close to her but this was not one of those, although it could he connected.

Thank you, looking into this case actually brought me here. When I drove down there, I was confused with a GPS on in my vehicle, I would absolutely end up lost walking with no cell phone. At one point I ended up looking out into water. There are two huge lakes close to her but this was not one of those, although it could he connected.
There is also alot of cranberry bogs around

There are dirt roads and the houses are pretty close but the placement of them is honestly just weird.

Are you able to describe this more? The houses are randomly scattered? You can't tell which garden/land is theirs? Or how is it?

Are you able to describe this more? The houses are randomly scattered? You can't tell which garden/land is theirs? Or how is it?
I cant honestly describe it exactly how I mean. I'll do my best in saying that it looks like people buy plots of land and plop there houses down in random spots there is no rhyme or reason to the placement of the houses. Also I did not go right to her address but I did notice a number I believed to be hers with a sign with an arrow pointing so the driveway is probably long and the house is set off from the street.

I cant honestly describe it exactly how I mean. I'll do my best in saying that it looks like people buy plots of land and plop there houses down in random spots there is no rhyme or reason to the placement of the houses. Also I did not go right to her address but I did notice a number I believed to be hers with a sign with an arrow pointing so the driveway is probably long and the house is set off from the road.
The houses are randomly scattered, the best way to describe it, yes.

I cant honestly describe it exactly how I mean. I'll do my best in saying that it looks like people buy plots of land and plop there houses down in random spots there is no rhyme or reason to the placement of the houses. Also I did not go right to her address but I did notice a number I believed to be hers with a sign with an arrow pointing so the driveway is probably long and the house is set off from the street.
Yes, totally got it! Thank you!
That makes it definitely harder for any neighbours to spot intruders if they are nosing around..... Most streets people just walk/drive up and down in straight lines....but here, zigzagging around, no-one knows where people are heading, especially if their drives are off other drives that run past other people's houses! Hmmm. Easier for people to hide out without too much suspicion either....

What ties to Brockton and Fall River? I read someone thought they saw her in Fall River, but it was never confirmed. That's the only tie I've read about, none to Brockton?

What ties to Brockton and Fall River?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member