MA - Sara, 38, Madison, 8, James, 6, Michael Bermudez, 2, slain, W Brookfield, Mar'18 *Arrest*

Dob is correct. Currently 31 yrs old.
At the moment this data was compiled, he was incarcerated. Released 9/2017.

Dob is correct. Currently 31 yrs old.
At the moment this data was compiled, he was incarcerated. Released 9/2017.
Sorry, I should have said the dob in the mugshot. It says 68. (Reminds me of those meme's that say "you had only one job" and the four letter word is spelled wrong. Haha)

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

It’s the heinousness of this crime that I just can’t shake. The three little ones brutally murdered and then burned. Why go to that extent unless it’s someone that is completely psychotic. We had a 14 year old in our state, going back 25 years or so that went in and killed an entire family (neighbors) for no reason at all. And it was in a city where things like that just didn’t happen. We hear about him in the news and the whole state crosses our fingers that he stays incarcerated. I just feel like the way this murder was done was to prove some kind of point / make a statement. It sounds like they were lined up and then the burn attempts. The lack of information coming out is nerve-wrecking and scary. I’m not worried that I’m right or wrong. Just feel awful for the children and find it all to be disturbing. I can’t imagine how the people in the town feel. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the heinousness of this crime that I just can’t shake. The three little ones brutally murdered and then burned. Why go to that extent unless it’s someone that is completely psychotic. We had a 14 year old in our state, going back 25 years or so that went in and killed an entire family (neighbors) for no reason at all. And it was in a city where things like that just didn’t happen. We hear about him in the news and the whole state crosses our fingers that he stays incarcerated. I just feel like the way this murder was done was to prove some kind of point / make a statement. It sounds like they were lined up and then the burn attempts. The lack of information coming out is nerve-wrecking and scary. I’m not worried that I’m right or wrong. Just feel awful for the children and find it all to be disturbing. I can’t imagine how the people in the town feel. IMO

There has been a major lack of any information regarding both of these cases, and then to find out there is a connection to both families is crazy. Since the Ware murder came first, I can't help but wonder if there is the possibility that M.B. knew details of that murder and maybe the person involved threatened his family in order to keep him quiet about what he knew.

There has been a major lack of any information regarding both of these cases, and then to find out there is a connection to both families is crazy. Since the Ware murder came first, I can't help but wonder if there is the possibility that M.B. knew details of that murder and maybe the person involved threatened his family in order to keep him quiet about what he knew.

My issue with this particular theory, is that threating his family to keep M.B. quiet gives the killer leverage which would be lost by actually carrying out the threat. With their deaths, that leverage would be gone and M.B. would have nothing to lose by pointing the finger. The connection to both murder scenes is almost certainly not a coincidence. The shocking thing is that the family in the Ware case, didn't even know that the victim was murdered until the media revealed that fact to them.

My issue with this particular theory, is that threating his family to keep M.B. quiet gives the killer leverage which would be lost by actually carrying out the threat. With their deaths, that leverage would be gone and M.B. would have nothing to lose by pointing the finger. The connection to both murder scenes is almost certainly not a coincidence. The shocking thing is that the family in the Ware case, didn't even know that the victim was murdered until the media revealed that fact to them.
There still may be a lot left to lose if people are found to be responsible or directly involved in either case, and not just having the knowledge of who did it. Also a statement made to the media by the grandmother was interesting, she said "we are mad at the person who took them away from us" , but otherwise have not said much. Some families are extremely loyal and won't turn their relatives in, even if they are complete monsters, so they can avoid having their family go through even more pain by seeing their kids go to prison.

There still may be a lot left to lose if people are found to be responsible or directly involved in either case, and not just having the knowledge of who did it. Also a statement made to the media by the grandmother was interesting, she said "we are mad at the person who took them away from us" , but otherwise have not said much. Some families are extremely loyal and won't turn their relatives in, even if they are complete monsters, so they can avoid having their family go through even more pain by seeing their kids go to prison.

True. Like Casey Anthony's parents for instance.

You're finally back on the case. Be careful to avoid forced vacations. Lol

Welcome back.

Haaaa fortunately there wasn’t much movement in this case or I would have lost my mind.

Haaaa fortunately there wasn’t much movement in this case or I would have lost my mind.

Yep. Several times I caught 30 dayers. And the major cases were moving through that time. Lol.

So I'm happy to say that Im now a year clear without having to have my bags thrown on the front yard. Lol.

This happened about 10 minutes from my house, only about 5 houses down from my in laws house. The other person named in the false information case lives on the next street over from me. I knew the family a little from my mom's group and through the charity events that they did. Like when they gave the Fire Department the use of their bounce house during the spaghetti supper and the parks department during the fireworks celebration. That being said, the family has stated on many occasions that they do not feel comfortable talking to the media due to the rumors that have been flying around Warren, West Brookfield and Ware. There have been several people who know Matthew who have implied that the officers told them it was gang related as well, which is where the rumors started. The other thought was that it had something to do with the several drug arrests that had been made outside Northeast Pizza over the week before the murders. Sadly, the most terrifying thing I have ever felt was the day we got the call from Brett (Quaboag Superintendent) and told us that the murderers had occurred but that there was no reason to be further concerned about child safety.

Bump! What is going on with this case?

Bump! What is going on with this case?

There have been absolutely no new developments whatsoever. Very frustrating.

I think the reason they are making the gang connection is that it is very rare that some one slaughters very young children, like this. But some violent gangs are known to wipe out entire families in this brutal way. And one of the gangs known for this brutality is from El Salvador.

It seems to be a very harsh and unusual domestic incident. Why kill the babies if you are just mad at one or both of the adults? It is so unthinkably extreme.

The wife Sara has family and connections in El Salvador :-/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back