MA MA - Simone Ridinger, 17, Sherborn, 2 Sept 1977

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Earthbound Misfit I, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I don't find that theory even minimally plausible. I believe that she was murdered the day she disappeared.

Bit of hope likes this.

2. Sweetluv

Sweetluv Well-Known Member

This case just seems to be at a standstill. I would love for some cold case detectives to breathe new life into this disappearance.
    Someone, somewhere, knows something.

Bit of hope likes this.
  3. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

It's likely that the only person who knew anything was the perp, and considering how much time has passed, he may have died by now and taken the secret to his grave.

4. Sweetluv

Do we know if her mother submitted a DNA sample?

5. jgfitzge

jgfitzge It's complicated! No, It really isn't

not sure, mom passed several years ago

Sweetluv and Beekarina like this.
  6. jgfitzge

jgfitzge It's complicated! No, It really isn't

FYI, Sherborn police dept has only one detective. I may(?) try contacting him, turns out I know his dad from where I grew up. I tried pitching her case to a few podcasts but they cite the little information will not warrant and fill up a 45-60 minute podcast

7. Sweetluv

Thanks jgfitzge!

Spider92 likes this.
  8. Sweetluv

Jgfitzge..
    Did you ever reach out to LE?

Beekarina likes this.
  9. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

Just some thoughts.....

Maybe already someone came up with this, but if IIRC the elderly man, who supposed to have given her a ride, had a son who was in his teenage years in those day's. They all were living in Framingham at the time. Simone just moved there. What if something happened, the young man (son) was involved and dad covered it up with a story about he gave her a ride, placing her on a totally different spot, away from his son.....still puzzled why it took this man 9 years to come forward. Description he gave of her clothing matches up with the description given by a co-worker......claimed (sadly enough) years later....this seems genuine. But what if she visited his house to meet up with his son, he would have known Simone's clothing description.....IMO trooper story is BS...clouding up the story just more. Could also be explanation for the lost hours between leaving her workplace on Friday and given her an alleged ride very early on Saturday morning. Enough time to work away a body. After 9 years, maybe moved a couple of times or changing furniture, carpets, etc. No prove of a crime after all this time passing....especially if nobody came searching.

Beekarina likes this.
  10. Sweetluv

Vanished Sept 2, 1977..
    Thinking of you!

11. Sweetluv

So Simone was known to be a free spirit who hitchhiked frequently.
    A busy labor day weekend would bring alot of outsiders. Am I correct that the only person who spotted her hitchhiking was the elderly man? If you were passing through and noticed Simone, living in another state you would probably never hear about her disappearance on the news or radio. I wonder what type of publicity this case even had at that time?
    I read an article that her sister or step sister offered her a ride..she declined and said, I already have one....
    Could this free spirit have run off?

Beekarina, Ajaygee11 and Suglo like this.
  12. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

After hearing Simone had declined a ride, it sounded like she may have had plans no one knew about.

Beekarina, Ajaygee11 and Sweetluv like this.
  13. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

I've long thought this. I do not think she planned to disappear and cut ties entirely, but I think it is possible she was bored and/or enticed to leave the area in search of something more exciting. We know from firsthand accounts she had a personality people noticed. She was talented musically. She was attractive. At least one guy came forward and had photos she posed for, remember? She hitchhiked.

Boston isn't far, but I think it would have been in the boring/familiar category. New York? California? Do we know if she had a passport?

14. Sweetluv

Whatever happened to the Sherborne detective who was updating and posting on here a few years back?
    I'm curious about updates if any!

15. Sweetluv

Just checking in..

Beekarina, Kiranerys and Spider92 like this.
  16. Sweetluv

Do we know if there was ANY possible sightings reported of Simone....the time frame she went missing or through the years ..besides the elderly man??

Bit of hope, Beekarina and Luckyzmom like this.
  17. Sweetluv

At the time the elderly man supposedly picked up Simone, was he physically capable of overpowering Simone? Sure, he could of had a weapon but, health wise, was he fit enough ( I dont mean to sound insensitive) to lift and dump Simones body in the water or dig a grave and move her body into it? Esp if it was sexually motivated...I believe he was 70? Simone did not appear to be feeble or weak looking. His physical and health state peak my curiosity.

Beekarina and Bit of hope like this.
  18. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

That is an interesting question @Sweetluv We tend to hear the word "elderly", and picture frail, but that is definitely not accurate for everyone, and at 70 he certainly could have still been quite fit. Simone is described as 5'2” to 5'3”, and around the 115-125 pound range, so a fairly petite woman. We have no idea about him.

Edited: and of course, she could have been incapacitated by a drink, drugs, *if* he was involved, he could have had help, who knows?

Bit of hope and Sweetluv like this.
  19. Sweetluv

So it's my understanding that they did not originally release that Simone was last seen in her work attire...and that years later, when the elderly man came forward, he described her wearing that same outfit. If that is true, than I would think that either he did have her in his car or that he frequented the restaurant she worked in and knew their uniform.
    And the waitresses were not interviewed until years after...did anyone else hear that?

Bit of hope likes this.