MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cases like this makes it harder for any person that seems to need help. Jmo.

Because a victim doesn't know if they are being set up. Jmo.

So in all honesty. I would tell my child to not stop. And call the police when safe. Jmo

It is now almost 2 weeks since Vanessa marcotte was found murdered and there's STILL no word on Vanessa's cause of death,
neither any confirmation by police on whether Vanessa had been sexual assaulted.

I wonder WHY the police have chosen NOT to share how Vanessa was killed and whether Vanessa had been sexual assaulted ?

In the Karina Vetrano's murder case, which in many ways seem to be very similar to Vanessa's murder,
police shared Karina Vetrano's cause of death, and that she had been sexual assaulted, the day after her murder.
I'm afraid that the burn patterns we have seen on the trees up high tell a story potentially horrific in nature.

-One possibility is sensitivity to the family
-The COD might give away the killer they are after somehow
-They may still be determining if they are dealing with a serial killer and do not want to terrify the community needlessly

Just some possible reasons and are all speculation and MOO

Cases like this makes it harder for any person that seems to need help. Jmo.

Because a victim doesn't know if they are being set up. Jmo.

So in all honesty. I would tell my child to not stop. And call the police when safe. Jmo

I soooooo agree. Don't stop...let LE handle it. Be a good citizen and call it in. You just can never be sure about situations. I can't tell you how many stories THIS MONTH have been on the news about a good citizen stopping to help someone and the supposed "victim" ends up killing or physically harming the "good citizen", it's just too sad. Total setups!! Don't approach...really. Stay safe and call it in. JMO.

I'm afraid that the burn patterns we have seen on the trees up high tell a story potentially so horrific that her family just isn't ready to hear. That may be one possibility we aren't being told COD, for example. The rather unique method would point directly at the killer. The police wouldn't want to reveal that. Just possible reasons and are all speculation and MOO

I have to agree. :facepalm:

I'm afraid that the burn patterns we have seen on the trees up high tell a story potentially horrific in nature.

-One possibility is sensitivity to the family
-The COD might give away the killer they are after somehow
-They may still be determining if they are dealing with a serial killer and do not want to terrify the community needlessly

Just some possible reasons and are all speculation and MOO

I think the police would slready know if it were a serial killer...or if the case from howard beach and VM's case are connected. The police in the howard beach murder have the perps dna but no matches....and for the police in Prinston....they must have the perps dna also..to be collecting dna from people to see if it matches. So they would have to know it the dna of the perp matches in both cases. Right? Unless they are matching the dna collected to just howard beach case. Anyway..i think the police would probably already know if it is the same person or not.

This is a general comment about crime investigation in Massachusetts, not about this particular case. Generally speaking, the DA's office is in charge of deciding what information, if any, gets released to the public, and generally, they don't release one syllable more than they are forced to before the trial. Sometimes some information is released at the time of an arrest, but not always. And they won't make an arrest until they're ready to go to trial.

So it's not surprising to me that no information has been released. I don't expect to hear anything.

VM's parents know her COD; the M.E. would not keep that info from the next of kin. They likely know it all.

As for LE not disclosing COD and other details to the public -- that is a strategy some jurisdictions choose for a couple reasons. It has nothing to do with protecting the family, it's evidence. The public has been asked if they saw anything between 1pm and 3pm that day; that's where the public can help. The public knowing VM's COD & what was done to her does not help the investigators and in fact there may be some details only the killer knows & they would want to hold onto that. Some jurisdictions (I happen to live in one of them) do not ever publicly talk about COD and that info only comes from a M.E. report that gets filed and then the media gets ahold of it.

NY has their way & Princeton has their way.

Anyone know if the DNA database that Police cross reference checks only US DNA or is it an international database?
Curious....

Robert R. Burno Jr. was arrested in 2007 for harassing and attempting to abduct a female jogger in Brimfield, MA by pinning her to a guardrail with his car. He was also linked at one time as a possible suspect in the Molly Bish case.
I searched inmate databases and court records but I have not been able to confirm if he was ever convicted or incarcerated. Some research is suggesting he is not incarcerated and living in Western MA. Can anyone confirm his status? The article below details the events and charges filed in the jogger attempted assault/abduction case. It gave me chills, especially considering he may be living free in society.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/bail_reduced_for_man_accused_o.html

Re: R Burno,
No doubt a nasty piece of work and probably out of prison by now if the 2007 charge was "assault with a dangerous weapon" as recorded in the press. I don't see him for this case as he'd be 63 or 64 by now and with the extreme physicality of this crime, I'm picturing a younger perp.

Why? Just because the two women look similar?
No..because a witness saw a car pass VM on BSR while she was walking, turn around and come back and when he looked again she was gone but the car was there. I think that was the killer.

VM's parents know her COD; the M.E. would not keep that info from the next of kin. They likely know it all.

As for LE not disclosing COD and other details to the public -- that is a strategy some jurisdictions choose for a couple reasons. It has nothing to do with protecting the family, it's evidence. The public has been asked if they saw anything between 1pm and 3pm that day; that's where the public can help. The public knowing VM's COD & what was done to her does not help the investigators and in fact there may be some details only the killer knows & they would want to hold onto that. Some jurisdictions (I happen to live in one of them) do not ever publicly talk about COD and that info only comes from a M.E. report that gets filed and then the media gets ahold of it.

NY has their way & Princeton has their way.
I know, I just can't really imagine them being able to bear it..and when I say out of sensitivity to the family I mean-its one thing for them to know its quite another to go to the market and know that everyone is looking at you funny because they know too...

I wonder what can be learned with a sample of dna. Age? Race? Relatives? Eye and hair color? Height? Personality?

I soooooo agree. Don't stop...let LE handle it. Be a good citizen and call it in. You just can never be sure about situations. I can't tell you how many stories THIS MONTH have been on the news about a good citizen stopping to help someone and the supposed "victim" ends up killing or physically harming the "good citizen", it's just too sad. Total setups!! Don't approach...really. Stay safe and call it in. JMO.

When I used to work nights over the road, on several occasions I stopped behind a woman outside of her car, stayed in my car and called 911. Then I told them I would stay there until they arrived. I was questioned and showed lic. and reg. each time before being sent on my way. Waved but never interacted with the women.

I wonder what can be learned with a sample of dna. Age? Race? Relatives? Eye and hair color? Height? Personality?

Good question - while I see allot of advances being mentioned when google for advances in forensic DNA; we don't see any indication of this in cases like this and that of Karina since IMO LE would say if they could determine the person the are looking for is of a certain age, appearance, etc...

DNA analysis can give you gender and often a loose indication of hair and eye color. It can also predict ancestry/paternity when compared with other DNA samples as well as indicate known genetic diseases.
What DNA can NOT tell us is race, age, personality and mostly all physical characteristics. Unfortunately.

I'm still with this theory:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4iG2fnbfa8E

thanks to Parch =-) for the link
I watched this when it was originally broadcasted on Greta's "On the Record" and I was uncomfortable for several reasons:
1). It was raining and all I could think of was "Why doesn't Ted have an umbrella, he must be getting soaked".
2). Ted said, "On the Record" did their own investigation..." (that always makes me uneasy) Was the water and liquor bottle something HE found or was he referencing what LE found?
3). Ted said, "They (meaning "On the Record"?) found a witness who said he saw her jogging and saw a car pass VM and then turn and come back).
4). Greta's only question was about the perp having lots of scratches as VM put up a fight.

I like Ted and Greta. Something was very off about this segment.
She usually gets right to the meat of the issue with her questions and all she could ask was, So, he'll have alot of scratches?
Who was this witness and how did THEY find him/her? Did police interview the witness?

Maybe they ran out of air time and it had to be cut short but I think even Greta realized there was something "not right" with this segment.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I watched the segment (thx for the link). I rolled my eyes. Greta always makes me roll my eyes and Ted picking up trash and declaring it potential evidence? SMH. Fox doing "their own investigation." Yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member