MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Apr 20, 2017.

1. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Fred.
    In Mollie Tibbets' murder, LEO called upon a professional Spanish Interpreter for interview room interrogations with her killer.

It's not easy to understand how the alleged killer worked for FedEx yet couldn't speak English. Did his job require that he be capable of reading English?

The postal clerk who feared Ortiz due to his lewd remarks, spoken in Spanish, about nasty, mean things he wished he could do to her should make compelling testimony.

She always pretended she did not understand what he was saying although she speaks perfect Spanish. This goes to prove his character; not that he was a killer.

It's going to be a difficult trial for Vanessa's family to endure. I wish them peace and strength.

MajorHoople, Fred52 and Rocky1 like this.

2. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more, Fred.
    Although there is still evidence if the DNA is tossed.... (the cell phone records showing he was there, along with the gas purchase) that evidence doesn't mean he was in contact with her and killed her. Reasonable doubt can be raised.
    It will be hard to raise reasonable doubt with his DNA. That will show his hands were on her.
    I know it's easy to Monday morning quarterback, however, although the MA. State Police just started using body worn cameras this past March, They could have easily got a Worcester cop to assist them while they made contact with AO and videoed the event. One radio call could have made that happen, not to mention he lived in a "high crime" area of the city and you can't throw a stone without hitting a cruiser. I'm sure Worcester has more than one cop from Puerto Rico.

MajorHoople, Fred52 and DeDee like this.
  3. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

DeDee, and even though the Spanish Interpreter was from Mexico, and Spanish was her first language, the defense argued he didn't understand her because she was from a different part of Mexico.
    AO worked for Fed Ex, through a contractor. He didn't do residential deliveries, but delivered to Post Offices, if I remember right. He didn't need a CDL license. If a job requires a CDL, the test is given in English only.

MajorHoople and DeDee like this.
  4. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Rocky. Perhaps you should be designated an expert on Vanessa's murder investigation. I recall in 2016+ how well you knew the facts that encompassed the horrendous event.

I hope the Judge rules it was probable AO understood his rights as explained to him.

Tossing crucial evidence such as DNA must meet certain specs that hopefully will be overcome.

Rocky1 likes this.
  5. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

DeDee. I'm not an expert on this case. I just happen to live close by, so perhaps was able to explain certain things due to the location. I know things happen, however, I, like so many others was surprised such a thing could take place like it did in such a peaceful town like Princeton in a Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.
    It's hard to believe that almost 5 years has passed since Vanessa was murdered. This coming Saturday, June 12th, the 5th 5K fundraiser will take place, in her honor.

Vanessa T. Marcotte 5K Fundraiser: Princeton Woman’s Legacy Raises Money and Awareness for Female Safety Organizations – Redemption Rock News

DeDee, MajorHoople and tlcya like this.
  6. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

May you and everyone in the surrounding area be richly blessed. Your words reflect those of a true and humble gentleman.

Our friend, Vanessa Marcotte, would be 35yo today. Somehow, I loved her from day one. She had scored her dream job with Google and was on her way.

May justice be served.

mocity likes this.
  7. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Actually, Vanessa's birthday is today, June 17th. She would have been 32 years old.
    The 5th annual 5K was held last Saturday. It raised $80,000 from all around the world.

Fifth Annual 5K honors the late Vanessa Marcotte

mocity and DeDee like this.