Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bar's Facebook states that video shows Zachary did not try to re-enter yet it shows others leaving and re-entering.

Thanks, Judiny. That's really helpful. So it sounds much more hopeful that he just wanted to get away, for whatever reason.

I don't think it's against forum rules to post a business' public facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/bellinhandtavern/

Or maybe it's not hopeful at all. Intending to leave without a jacket and throwing your cousins off the trail by saying you're unable to get back in isn't really a good sign.

Do we know for a fact that it was Zachary who actually made the text to his cousins from his phone?

Do we know for a fact that it was Zachary who actually made the text to his cousins from his phone?

That's what was reported. A snap chat.
I also read (somewhere) that his phone pinged at 1:55am. Dead after that.

If he was making a call only, the restroom would have made more sense considering the weather out this way... cigarette break, maybe, but even then, couple minutes is all you need, (or would likely want, as you hand would be starting to freeze!).

My first though was maybe he was hooking up to buy some weed, (or whatever), as he seems to be looking up the street, almost like he's waiting for a ride...quick spin around the block to make a buy... No mention of who he called, (if he stepped out to use his phone), was made by those he was with. Bar seems to be saying he could've gotten back in , people where coming in and out.

I am only seeing stills in the video footage, I wonder if it shows him walking off camera...

There's something that's not adding up here, to me...

If he was making a call only, the restroom would have made more sense considering the weather out this way... cigarette break, maybe, but even then, couple minutes is all you need, (or would likely want, as you hand would be starting to freeze!).

My first though was maybe he was hooking up to buy some weed, (or whatever), as he seems to be looking up the street, almost like he's waiting for a ride...quick spin around the block to make a buy... No mention of who he called, (if he stepped out to use his phone), make was made by those he was with.

I am only seeing stills in the video footage, I wonder if it shows him walking off camera...

There's something that's not adding up here, to me...

Did you read the Bell in Hand facebook page posted above? It does show him walking away, and in what direction (something about the subway I think) and clearly shows (according to them and thanked by the family) he didn't attempt to come back inside.

So he didn't text his cousins, that he couldn't get back inside... I wish they just showed the darn text!

My Hinkey meter is saying something is missing from the account of his going outside, that is being given...

So he didn't text his cousins, that he couldn't get back inside... I wish they just showed the darn text!

My Hinkey meter is saying something is missing from the account of his going outside, that is being given...

No, I actually think he did snapchat his cousins that he couldn't get back inside, but according to the Bell in Hand, he never attempted it. You can see him pretty clearly on the video stills, it seems like they are probably right that he didn't attempt to go back inside.

I so hope Zachary is ok , a snapchat usually disappears after a few seconds unless someone saves it. I am just hoping he is safe somewhere.

So if someone snapchat's a message it disappears as a rule unless it is saved as opposed to a text message which you much delete. This is concerning to me. If someone else had control of his phone a snapchat could be sent in a message and then disappear.

Yes I wonder if it was common for him to snapchat or text.

I found the comments from his father to be both heartbreaking and odd....just want him to come home....no questions asked, etc. (wvcb report earlier post). I infer from that that maybe he was up to something. Phone going straight to voicemail doesnt sound good though that could be a battery running out of a charge or an older phone not holding up in the cold weather. I would guess that LE could check the numbers of his last calls, in or out. Either way, I hope he's home soon.

Snip

Amanda Marr said she picked up Zachary from North Station at 6 p.m. on Friday and the two drove back to her apartment in South Boston where she prepared dinner for him: chicken, chips, guacamole, and hummus.

She said they had a drink before leaving to go to the Bell in Hand about 10 p.m. She said Zachary Marr stepped out to smoke a cigarette several times.

At 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Zachary sent Marr a text that he was going out for a smoke, she said. About five minutes later, she said, he sent her a Snapchat saying that bar staff was not letting him back in.

During a brief text exchange Zachary told her he was “Out front.” At 1:50 a.m. Amanda Marr and the rest of the group made their way outside, but Zachary Marr was nowhere to be found, she said.

“I was trying to stay calm,” she said. “Maybe he went for a walk.”

Another cousin searched around the corner and found no sign of him.

Amanda said she figured Zachary might have spotted a friend or met a woman, but she thought she’d hear from him later that day.

By 10 a.m. on Saturday there was still no word from her cousin. She said she contacted police and took to canvassing the area where she got surveillance videos that place Zachary Marr in front of the Boston Public Market near the bar at 1:40 a.m.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-boston/oiJk05Q1wbh5qoMpnkmmPJ/story.html

The bar: "It said other video shows that Zachary was seen heading toward the surface artery". That's in the direction of the Boston Harbor though I can't see why he would walk 6 blocks to the water if he was waiting for his cousins. Was he that rattled by the thought of cleaning out his grandmothers apartment that he would disappear? I'm starting to lean in the direction of foul play here though Faneuil Hall would have lots of witnesses even at 2am in February.

Well clearly there's an issue with the snap chat message, and what is seen on camera footage. Zach never tries to reenter the bar.

So maybe his cousin assumed he was being prevented from getting back to his group by staff, when he was actually not able to go back for some other reason? Might he have texed, they won't let me back, or I can't get back in. I wonder if he specifically stated staff is preventing me, which we know is not true, if so, how much did he have to drink, could he have become confused?

The bar: "It said other video shows that Zachary was seen heading toward the surface artery". That's in the direction of the Boston Harbor though I can't see why he would walk 6 blocks to the water if he was waiting for his cousins. Was he that rattled by the thought of cleaning out his grandmothers apartment that he would disappear? I'm starting to lean in the direction of foul play here though Faneuil Hall would have lots of witnesses even at 2am in February.

I'm thinking foul play, as well.

Though, 22 year old, bar, drinking, 1:30 am, sub zero temps...do not make for a good combination.

He texts his cousin, "I'm out front" and then he leaves? Hmmm... Hard to know how accurate all the info is though...

I dearly wish this kid would call home, but the odds of this ending well are abismal imo
God have mercy...

The bar's FB page says that their video captured him at 1:20 am. I wonder how long he was on their feed? Until 1:22? 1:25? Cousin Amanda says they went out front to meet him at 1:50. 30 minutes is a long time and instinct tells the body to move when it's that cold. In thinking about it, one can do a lot of wandering in 30 minutes and if you've had too much alcohol, the "out front" of one bar can look a lot like the "out front" of the next bar and so on. There's no shortage of bars in that area. He didn't have a car so I'm guessing he didn't have to limit his alcohol intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member