Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #2

I'm so sad to read this. May you rest peacefully Zach. My prayers and deepest condolences for his family and friends.

I kept checking yesterday morning to see if they had found him, because I just had this weird feeling that he would be found. Got distracted last night and just logged in now to check...can't say I'm surprised, but was still a bit of a shock in some ways to see that he had passed. Once it was reported that there was video of him on that bridge last week, I lost a lot of hope. Not all hope, of course - there was a part of me that was still waiting for some kind of miracle. I guess it's really just a damn shame....rest well, sir. You are loved and will be missed.

Rest in peace, Zach:rose:

My condolences to his family and all who love him. Such a tragic and heartbreaking loss.

Hugs :grouphug:

Just checking in. Become a ritual. Wind knocked out of me. Why? We all knew. Maybe the way the headline for the thread is ?

Locals-- Paul Revere Park in the Leverett Circle area at about 6 p.m.

How close is this to where they were searching? How close is this to that bridge?

Leverett Circle is the nearest road and Paul Revere Park probably where the boats put in. It's exactly where they were looking, only more on the Cambridge side.

I'll try to make a map. I'm on my phone so it might not work...

ETA: hm, I'll have to do some research. The part I thought was Paul Revere Park is actually North Point Park. Paul Revere Park is farther downriver. But all the reports say he was seen from the Museum of Science walkway, so it's still essentially the same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expected this but it doesn't make it any less sad. So young. Well he is w his Gma now <3 rest in plush young man.

Gotta be Zach. Finally coming home. At least his family will finally be able to be certain what happened to him. God Bless.
RIP.

Walpole Patch &#8207;@WalpolePatch [video=twitter;710097062721880064]https://twitter.com/WalpolePatch/status/710097062721880064[/video]
Three bodies, including that of missing Harvard man Zach Marr, were found in the waters of Massachusetts Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/WalpolePatch?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^ser p|twgr^author

And there were at least two over the weekend, both capsized fishing boats/canoes. (I told you we drown a lot here [emoji12])

At this time of year, you don't necessarily even get a chance to drown. The cold water causes your heart and lungs to stop before you can even scramble ashore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't posted here, but checked the thread daily ...Fly high Zach and many condolences to his family and friends

Oh man. I knew it was coming but so sad. His dad can rest :(

And three bodies were taken out? Wow.

HARVARD &#8212; Ten relatives of Zachary Marr filed into a conference room Wednesday afternoon at the local police station, some sobbing quietly as the young man&#8217;s father stepped forward to speak about the grim discovery of Marr&#8217;s body in the Charles River.

Matthew Marr described the mixture of heartbreak and relief that attended confirmation of the fate of his 22-year-old son, who disappeared in Boston last month while celebrating his birthday with cousins.

&#8220;Although it is not the outcome that we were praying for, we are grateful that Zach is coming home,&#8221; Mattthew Marr said.

Snip

Police said a surveillance video appeared to show Marr falling into the river, but aquatic teams combed the water for days and turned up nothing. Finally, two passersby spotted him in the water about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday.

A day later, Matthew Marr urged anyone listening to be aware of the dangers of hypothermia.

Though investigators have not arrived at an explanation for how Marr wound up in the river, it was extremely cold the night he disappeared.

Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney&#8217;s office, said preliminary evidence does not suggest violent trauma or foul play.

&#8220;While the medical examiner has not yet opined as to a cause or manner of death, the preliminary evidence is consistent with a fall into very cold water,&#8221; Wark said.

Matthew Marr said the tragic episode should underscore the need for family members to cherish every bit of time they have together.

&#8220;A missing child is every parent&#8217;s worst nightmare. I understand children and young adults have to live their lives in order to learn and grow,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I believe we should teach our children and ourselves to enjoy life and live it to the fullest every day, with love and humor, because you never know how quickly it can change.&#8221;

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...rd-resident/Ay8zqc4ArFpsVVjUnml74O/story.html

Snip

Investigators have not announced an official cause of death, though they said there is no sign of foul play. But Drummey said the family knows that it was just a &#8220;perfect storm&#8221; of factors that led to Marr&#8217;s death.

&#8220;Cold weather, drinking, being out in the cold, that takes a huge toll on the human body,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It was really, honestly a horrible, horrible, horrible accident.&#8221;

When he went missing Marr was working at Quiet Logistics, a technology-based retail provider, and going to school at Mount Wachusett Community College.

&#8220;He was just a great and wonderful kid who was going to school, working full time,&#8221; Drummey said. &#8220;A very bright light"

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...family-says/SbD1sbu3DqcilneDOvQOgM/story.html

I'm so very, very sorry about his death. What a completely endearing young man, out with cousins for a fun evening, and then due to freezing temperatures and slipping off a walkway he's now gone. Life can change in an instant.

No one is guaranteed 85 years of life on this earth, and you have to make the best of what time you have. It appears he did make the best of his time, and was loved by so many.

God bless you, Zach Marr's family as you grieve his passing.

RIP. I'm glad his family is finally getting some closure.

sad but expected news. thankful his family isnt stuck in limbo anymore. thoughts are with them :(

new to thread..... have been reading about this case the past couple days

So, surveillance cameras show him "entering" the water? What exactly does that mean? This video has not yet been released to public, correct?
Also, was he familiar with that particular area? He is NOT from Boston- he was there celebrating his birthday with his cousin. How intoxicated was he? What exactly was he drinking that evening?
If you are not familiar with the area, what would make you just wander off? I know if I am in an unfamiliar city and happen to be out drinking, I would not know any direction and/or where it would take me. Was it an accident that he walked towards the harbor? How long is the walk? It is just VERY odd behavior. Was he possibly drugged? I just cannot think of any responsible explanation as to why he just took off. If I was planning on taking off, I would just walk out of the door, light my cigarette as I walk, and leave. He stayed in front of the bar and smoked a cigarette. Nothing adds up....I also find it hard to believe that he would have been lured away.
I am guessing some of these questions have already been discussed in this thread, so excuse me if I am repeating old news.

new to thread..... have been reading about this case the past couple days

So, surveillance cameras show him "entering" the water? What exactly does that mean? This video has not yet been released to public, correct?
Also, was he familiar with that particular area? He is NOT from Boston- he was there celebrating his birthday with his cousin. How intoxicated was he? What exactly was he drinking that evening?
If you are not familiar with the area, what would make you just wander off? I know if I am in an unfamiliar city and happen to be out drinking, I would not know any direction and/or where it would take me. Was it an accident that he walked towards the harbor? How long is the walk? It is just VERY odd behavior. Was he possibly drugged? I just cannot think of any responsible explanation as to why he just took off. If I was planning on taking off, I would just walk out of the door, light my cigarette as I walk, and leave. He stayed in front of the bar and smoked a cigarette. Nothing adds up....I also find it hard to believe that he would have been lured away.
I am guessing some of these questions have already been discussed in this thread, so excuse me if I am repeating old news.

I have been baffled by this - "enter"- since it was stated! A slip would look different than a fall, or a jump, "enter" just leaves one hanging!!IMO

And then for the first time in a month this comes out??

Authorities did not say how they believe Marr ended up by the river but said there were no apparent signs of foul play.

This video has not yet been released to public, correct? No

Also, was he familiar with that particular area? Not at all that was mentioned by all his family. He was from Harvard.

How intoxicated was he? What exactly was he drinking that evening? That is a huge question. But the body generates alcohol after death so who knows - its been a while.

If you are not familiar with the area, what would make you just wander off? We have pondered this --drunk? Using drugs himself? Hypothermia? Drug deal? ABducted, suicide? Drugged?

Was it an accident that he walked towards the harbor? Another huge question - some speculation is that area was close to a train station.

How long is the walk? IIRC about 15 minutes but may be off on this one!

. He stayed in front of the bar and smoked a cigarette. And throughout the evening he had done that on several occasions

Nothing adds up....I also find it hard to believe that he would have been lured away. We have pondered if he was getting drugs. Some thought he may have seen a girl .

I found it intersting that after he was found in his fathers presser, he focused on hypothermia, before tox results.

MODNOTE: Cariis's responses to bighair's questions are shown above in italics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back