Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
viewjf2.th.jpg

This is a view across the pool towards the Tapas bar (outside tables and chairs) from the grassy area between the pool and the apartment the McCanns stayed in.

doormr5.th.jpg

The parking lot along the road outside the front? door of the apartments.

malinkifc3.th.jpg

View from the Tapas bar from the apartments where Robert Murat's friend, Malinka, lives.

sidestreetge4.th.jpg

Entrance into the apartment from the side street.

From my perspective, I just don't see how the people in the McCann's party can say they were close to the apartments. Look at the map of the resort (thanks BadKat)- there is a huge distance between the Tapas bar and where the children were sleeping.

I'd absolutely condemn EVERY parent who left their toddlers alone at home, let alone an unfamiliar hotel room with the door open. I'd condemn every last one of their neglectful *advertiser censored**es. If saying they were neglectful and may have caused the disappearance (not kidnapping) of their own child is "attacking" then I guess I am attacking them.

I'm not a perfect parent by any means. But i'd never, ever leave my little boy alone.

Great posts CaliKid, and the parents/parent of two of your examples were charged and their children taken away. Why then do the McCanns still have their other two children with them and why have they not been charged for leaving their 3 children alone. Yes they are going through a rough time, but they did commit a crime and should be punished accordingly. As you said CaliKid if the McCanns are not charged, it could be used as a precident to other cases where children have been neglected.

i wonder if portugese law is different than american law in this regard- maybe its not a criminal act to leave toddlers unattended there.

I looked at the post that was alerted on, and also the couple of pages before. I dont see anything that is an attack on a poster, but I will say that you all need to NOT argue over your opinions. There is no attacking of the parents either, simply the opinion of several that the paents are at the very least neglectful. THIS is not attacking the parents, and will be allowed. If you have a problem with a post hit alert DO NOT RESPOND. I will not allow this thread to go on in this vein, and if I have to move it again it will be permanant.

Badkat I do not know if this will help you but Here is my feelings regarding the McCann parents. I do not believe that they are guilty of killing their daughter. I have not seen any evidnce that would bring me to the conclusion that they are guilty of their daughters dissapearnace. However, I absolutly do not believe they are innocent. The reason I can not chatorgerize them as innocent are many. The fact they left their 3 toddler age children home alone unattended immediatly puts them in a suspicious light. The story they have given of the dissapearance has been inconsistant. There insistance from the get go that Maddeline was abducted is in my opinion not the conclusion a parent would first make when finding a chld missing. Since Maddies dissapareance i have found the behavior of the parents strange. They seem to focus on fun raising and not on finding their child. The tone of their webpage comes across to me more like a business venture then an emotional plea for a missing child. None of this means the parents are guilty but for me it means I can not write them off as innocent. I hope the LE really does know what they are doing and has tons of info behind locked doors and Maddie is found soon. Until that happens I will continue to regard the parents as suspects.

mjak

Cali, you are posting awesome links. Thanks for the pics, floorplans, etc. You da bomb!

:) your welcome! And you can see there's now way they could see through walls and trees to see the apartment as they claimed.:rolleyes:

For educated people, they sure are stupid. And, IMO, they should be charged with child endangerment, and have the other two taken from them. We see this sort of thing all the time...people go off and leave babies home alone, and the place burns down and the babies die. Or they go missing.

Maddy is the one I feel sorry for. If her parent's had thought more of her welfare than a night out with friends, this wouldn't have happened. Or at least had an adult to watch the children.

People like this make me ill.

For educated people, they sure are stupid. And, IMO, they should be charged with child endangerment, and have the other two taken from them. We see this sort of thing all the time...people go off and leave babies home alone, and the place burns down and the babies die. Or they go missing.

Just happened a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh, PA. 5 children dead after the house burns down while two of the Mom's were at a bar down the street. :mad:

I'd absolutely condemn EVERY parent who left their toddlers alone at home, let alone an unfamiliar hotel room with the door open. I'd condemn every last one of their neglectful *advertiser censored**es. If saying they were neglectful and may have caused the disappearance (not kidnapping) of their own child is "attacking" then I guess I am attacking them.

I'm not a perfect parent by any means. But i'd never, ever leave my little boy alone.

Not only is it wrong, it's criminal. It's so sad Maddy is missing, but the McCann's have no one to blame but themselves. And here, they would have been charged with a crime. I have no sympathy for anyone who would do something as stupid as the McCann's did. They chose to dine with friends and left the children alone. One is gone. It's their fault. And Maddy is suffering the consequences of having selfish, stupid parents.

Just happened a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh, PA. 5 children dead after the house burns down while two of the Mom's were at a bar down the street. :mad:

That's so sad. What in the #$%% are people thinking when they leave little kids home alone? I hope they were charged because they are both responsible for the deaths.

Hey gang,

I just wanted to jump in here and tell you how much I appreciate you all. I was so distraught about the Madeleine case when I found you and you have been most gracious about letting me express my feelings and opinions. Even when they were controversial or the opposite of how you felt. In a way, this forum has been like therapy for me. I have been able to find some peace with all this (even if I am still pi$$ed at the circumstances) and it is because you allowed me the freedom to express myself. I think we have shown a ton of respect for each other for the most part. So, thank you, very, very much.

And BTW, I think that this is one of the best threads on one of the best forums on the net.

As always, my prayers and love for Maddie!

Floridathanks9.gif

That's so sad. What in the #$%% are people thinking when they leave little kids home alone? I hope they were charged because they are both responsible for the deaths.

They were, both are charged with five counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of making false reports to police (they lied about a babysitter being present sending the police on a two day search for an imaginary teen). They are also charged with recklessly endangering firefighters and endangering the welfare of children.

Animal thank you for also coming here before me and cleaning up I recieved a alert also and come in and did some house cleaning also, I'm moving this thread back and closing it I started part 7 it had also gotten so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member