Madeleine McCann found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( and I was so hopeful. I can't imagine taking a child from a couple and demanding a DNA test based on looks. There has to be something else (ie, not being able to produce a birth certificate). Children would be tested all over based on tips!

JMHO -- thanks. I certainly hope Madeleine is found soon.

Mel

Oh Maddie has been pulled? I thought we kept a thread for cold cases?

Mel

Can't miss her eye defect if it is her they found. Hope so!

Madeye1305_228x192.jpg
Exactly! What are the odds of another young girl resembling Madeline having the same eye defect? If this child does not have it, this family should not be put through this.

Oh Maddie has been pulled? I thought we kept a thread for cold cases?

Mel

WS does have the cold cases files, but Maddie's was pulled a LONG time ago for some exceptional reasons....a mod can explain the reasons, as I am not sure I know exactly.

jmo

I think this is the article everyone seems to be quoting about the anonymous police official's words.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110724/main4.htm
A local police official said there was worldwide alert for Madeleine and it would be a great honour for the Leh police to find the missing girl. “However, it all depends upon the evidence like DNA for which help from Madeleine’s parents and the British police was required.”

"was required" seems to imply they asked and got help from the parents and the British police to resolve the issue. And if it's not true...? Strange.

Anyway, I don't see why there would be any need for Madeleine's parents and the British police to be involved initially. Wouldn't testing the child and her parents be sufficient? If it turned out she was in fact their biological child, I don't see why they would need Madeleine's DNA at all. The fastest method could be to call the police in France or Belgium or wherever they live and ask them to confirm that this couple had this child before 2007.

WS does have the cold cases files, but Maddie's was pulled a LONG time ago for some exceptional reasons....a mod can explain the reasons, as I am not sure I know exactly.

jmo

I don't know either but can take a guess. Pat Brown's book was banned from being sold on Amazon by the McCann's. I'm guessing it's either they're way or no way. :twocents:

I have my doubts...are there other reports, beisde the Uk paper and NG?

Daily Mail is not exactly a paragon of journalistic standards...not seeing anything on the main news sites, is. msnbc, or the AP wire...anyone else?

A regional Indian police chief told CNN that he knew nothing about the sighting, and dismissed reports of a possible DNA test on the girl. "We have not recovered any girl from Leh," said Abdul Gani Mir, deputy inspector general of police for central Kashmir and Leh. "I checked and re-checked from my officers on ground in Leh and they have categorically told me they have not recovered the girl."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...n-sighting-india-investigation-_n_912011.html

CNN: "There is no question of carrying out DNA when you don't have the girl. I checked and re-checked from my officers on ground in Leh and they have categorically told me they have not recovered the girl," Mir told CNN.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/07/28/india.madeleine.mccann/

I really hope it's Maddie, but like everyone else, I have my doubts.

Does anyone know when the DNA test results are expected to come back?

I was hopeful because the first reports said that they were checking DNA and I don't believe they did that for all the other sightings....but now it looks like it was a false alarm :(

Ugh. Looks like it's just media sensationalism.

where is the forum discussion for her? I wanted to post an article about a possible sighting and dna testing done in india....but i searched and can't find anything :waitasec:

Wow.. thanks for letting us know about this!! :yourock:

The tabloids giveth, and the tabloids taketh away; blessed be the sales figures of the tabloids:

'It's not our Maddie': McCanns' hopes dashed after sighting in India (Daily Mail)

In her most recent interview, Mrs McCann said she believes the kidnapper who took Madeleine may also have drugged her other two children.

She said she had to check that twins Sean and Amelie were still breathing because they did not wake as the frantic search for the missing three-year-old began.

She also believes the man who snatched her daughter may have gone to the holiday flat the night before but fled after being disturbed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...opes-dashed-sighting-India.html#ixzz1TR5Uehn6

They disturbed someone in their flat the night before but left the children alone with the door unlocked the next evening? :waitasec:

Were the twins tested for drugs?

If the McCann children were drugged, the top suspects to have done the drugging were the....

Oh wait. Let's not go there.

LOL...I didn't realize it was India when I first posted the "bombshell"

From the link:

Gosh, I hope not another innocent family put into this mess. Remember what happened in Saudi Arabia? *sigh*

I haven't been following the case. What happened in that case?

At least this sounds like it may be completely made up including the child or something is screwy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member