Madeleine McCann found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/04/26/19683031.html
"The likelihood of finding an abducted child has sharply increased in recent years due to technological advances in the way searches are conducted and a greater awareness that fast action saves lives, said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children"

"The recovery rate for the estimated 115 children abducted by strangers each year, a very small but alarming segment of children reported missing annually, is less heartening. Allen said an average of 57 percent of them come home alive and 40 percent are killed. The rest remain open cases"

my son´s case did not remain open, unfortunately,my son was abducted at age 3 , in 1979,It is a cold case for the authorities. I´ve been searching for over 33 years now,like Etan´s parent,it really hurts!!! Heidi Stein

my son´s case did not remain open, unfortunately,my son was abducted at age 3 , in 1979,It is a cold case for the authorities. I´ve been searching for over 33 years now,like Etan´s parent,it really hurts!!! Heidi Stein

I truly hope you find your son and that maybe one day the case will be re-opened. is there a WS thread or news story that could be posted?

I would like to think that any advances in MM's case, will also serve to help many other kids who disappeared.If UK. LE are willing to forge ahead in M case and feel there are still unexplored avenues in the case (it is not often that one hears that), then I say why not just go ahead, shake this thing up, bring MM home, one way or another - whatever is discovered may help someone else.

I would like to think that any advances in MM's case, will also serve to help many other kids who disappeared.If UK. LE are willing to forge ahead in M case and feel there are still unexplored avenues in the case (it is not often that one hears that), then I say why not just go ahead, shake this thing up, bring MM home, one way or another - whatever is discovered may help someone else.

Exactly. Scotland Yard should just get on with it. Portugal has had it's chances, and apparently still don't want to know.

"There is no proof that Madeleine is dead". is a jolly sight more important than, "There is no proof that she is alive." And there are significant Leads still to follow.

In a statement emailed to the BBC on Thursday, the attorney-general's office said: "The reopening of the so-called 'Maddie case' has not been ordered, so far.

"As it has always said, the public prosecutors office will only reopen the case if there are new, credible and relevant facts and not mere hypotheses or speculations."

Pedro do Carmo, deputy head of the criminal police department, told news agency AFP: "There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry."

Mr Do Carmo said that a team of investigators would "re-examine elements of the inquiry" in collaboration with the British police, but stressed that this was normal practice and did not constitute a reopening.

Portuguese police have received "no formal request for the reopening of the inquiry," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17852433

Has there been an update to the sighting in Spain? I can't find anything. It's been 2 weeks.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...eleine-mccann-s-disappearance-86908-23841759/
"Facebook approve page mocking Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Apr 29 2012 Exclusive by Marion Scott

A SHOCKING Facebook page joking about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been dismissed as “humour about a public figure” by the social network giants.

An internet troll created the disgusting site titled “If this gets one millions likes, I will let Maddie out of my basement.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...eleine-mccann-s-disappearance-86908-23841759/
"Facebook approve page mocking Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Apr 29 2012 Exclusive by Marion Scott

A SHOCKING Facebook page joking about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been dismissed as “humour about a public figure” by the social network giants.

An internet troll created the disgusting site titled “If this gets one millions likes, I will let Maddie out of my basement.”

That's disgusting. I'm really surprised fb is allowing this. Whoever started it should get arrested, imo. He/she is basically admitting to kidnapping and holding Maddie hostage. Joke or not, isn't that punishable by law?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317111/Madeleine-McCann-The-lost-clues
"The Sunday Express can reveal that a British woman staying at the Ocean Club saw a “suspicious” couple loitering around the complex. On May 2, the day before Madeleine vanished, the woman saw the couple sitting on a hill overlooking tennis courts used by Kate and Gerry.

Just by the courts is a grassy area where the couple, Madeleine and twins Sean and Amelie, played regularly in the afternoons.

The woman, whose toddler daughter became friendly with Madeleine at the children’s club, said the suspicious woman was talking and pointing while the man with her looked “nervous”.

The following day at 1.30pm she saw the same couple standing near her apartment at the holiday complex and later told the McCanns’ private investigators that she thought their behaviour was “suspicious”.

It is not believed that the couple have been traced or identified.

Three years ago the Sunday Express revealed an elderly British woman living in Praia da Luz saw a Portuguese-looking woman hanging around outside the McCanns’ apartment about an hour before the abduction. Astonishingly, the woman has never given a statement to police"

New.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-of-the-Madeleine-McCann-child-snatchers.html

“I do NOT believe Madeleine was targeted by a paedophile ring. There are many places where snatching a child for this purpose is simpler.

“And she was nearly four — younger than the usual target age for a paedophile.

“Madeleine was taken by someone who wanted her as part of their family. I believe they saw her earlier in the week and developed their plan to abduct her.”

Ian went on: “The main questions are, where is Madeleine now? And why has she not been discovered?”

He argued: “Many have said that, with all the publicity, she would have been seen. This is incorrect. There are many instances where this has not happened.

“Her hair could be dyed, she could be tanned, speaking a different language. She could even be dressed as a boy".

This case is so sad and must be so heartbreaking for the family.

Personally, I don't think the parents were involved. After realizing their daughter was dead (shocking enough in itself) they would have had to come up with a foolproof plan to conceal their own child's body in a town in which they were vacationing and probably not completely familiar with. They would have to know exactly where to find a good hiding spot which would never be discovered and all the while put up a front to their friends and the police....too many factors would have to be involved to make it work (especially when it wouldn't have been premeditated). Anyway, this to me is pretty indicative that an intruder was involved.

My question is this: If a childless couple was looking for a child to bring up in their home, why wouldn't they have taken the younger sister, Amelie? Wouldn't most people prefer a younger child who would have fewer memories of her family? Perhaps because a baby would be more difficult to control (in terms of crying etc) although drugging would make it more compliant, obviously. Just wondering if there were any thoughts on this....

Personally, I don't think the parents were involved. After realizing their daughter was dead (shocking enough in itself) they would have had to come up with a foolproof plan to conceal their own child's body in a town in which they were vacationing and probably not completely familiar with. They would have to know exactly where to find a good hiding spot which would never be discovered and all the while put up a front to their friends and the police....too many factors would have to be involved to make it work (especially when it wouldn't have been premeditated). Anyway, this to me is pretty indicative that an intruder was involved.

My question is this: If a childless couple was looking for a child to bring up in their home, why wouldn't they have taken the younger sister, Amelie? Wouldn't most people prefer a younger child who would have fewer memories of her family? Perhaps because a baby would be more difficult to control (in terms of crying etc) although drugging would make it more compliant, obviously. Just wondering if there were any thoughts on this....

Welcome to WS isilverbell!
The older child might be taken instead of a younger one possibly because M was capable of opening the door or window and was either enticed outside, or had wandered out and snatched.
Maybe M was to be a playmate for a lonely child, or to replace a deceased one of the same age.
Oddly,I cannot help thinking that the perp did not want to separate twins...and that they thought perhaps the family did not deserve to have such a rich bounty of lovely children.

Separating twins would not have been a good idea emotionally, I think. And travelling and hiding a baby in nappies would have been more difficult than hiding a four year old

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...stigation-will-be-reopened-claim-parents.html
"If people want to find Madeleine, and want to find the person who took her, then we need the case to be reopened.

“We know there’s a real possibility that Madeleine can still be found alive.”

The officer leading Scotland Yard's review of the original investigation into Madeleine's disappearance spoke last week of his belief that the case can still be solved and said there is evidence she could still be alive.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said the Metropolitan Police would like the case to be reopened, but stressed that the decision was one for Portugal.

Referring to the Portuguese authorities' apparent reluctance to resume their investigation, Mr McCann said today: "The only way everyone will be able to move on is for the case to be solved, and that is for Madeleine to be found and the perpetrators brought to justice.

"Then everyone can move on. Until then it's not going to go away. It can't go away."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...stigation-will-be-reopened-claim-parents.html
"If people want to find Madeleine, and want to find the person who took her, then we need the case to be reopened.

“We know there’s a real possibility that Madeleine can still be found alive.”

The officer leading Scotland Yard's review of the original investigation into Madeleine's disappearance spoke last week of his belief that the case can still be solved and said there is evidence she could still be alive.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said the Metropolitan Police would like the case to be reopened, but stressed that the decision was one for Portugal.

Referring to the Portuguese authorities' apparent reluctance to resume their investigation, Mr McCann said today: "The only way everyone will be able to move on is for the case to be solved, and that is for Madeleine to be found and the perpetrators brought to justice.

"Then everyone can move on. Until then it's not going to go away. It can't go away."

In fairness, the Portuguese aren't reluctant as far as I know (link posted above). They would require new and credible evidence to reopen the case. Furthermore, apparently, a formal request wasn't even requested yet.

Who to believe? :read:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17924623
Possible sighting

Meanwhile, a Portuguese taxi driver has spoken to an English newspaper about claims his possible sighting of the girl was never properly investigated.

Antonio Castela, 72, said he picked up three men, a woman and a child fitting Madeleine's description on 4 May 2007 in Monte Gordo in the Algarve, about an hour's drive from Praia da Luz.

He drove them to a hotel two miles away, where they then drove away in a blue jeep.

Mr Castela told the Evening Standard he went to the Policia Judiciaria but he said "they did not seem to take me seriously and never questioned me

http://www.originscanada.org/infant.pdf
Infant Adoption is
Big Business in America
by Darlene Gerow, CUB Communicator Editor

"Watson recounts how some
agencies circulate a fee schedule with children
listed in categories by race and sex with prices
proportionate to their desirability. Prices can
range from $25,000 to $50,000 and upwards.
According to Watson, although adoption providers
insist that the fee is not payment for a
child, but rather money to cover the cost of
services provided, “Adoptive parents are not
deceived. They know they are paying for a
child.” Adopters with the most money obtain
the children considered the most desirable."

" While the supply of desirable adoptable infants
has been decreasing, infertility in
America has been increasing. It is estimated
that one in six couples has trouble conceiving
and that there may be as many as 5.3 million