Madeleine McCann found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they KNEW for sure who had her they would have swooped in already and taken her. JMO

I think she could be somewhere like South Africa or another country where Sex Trafficking isn't necessarily illegal and therefor LE might have issues trying to obtain info on maddie/obtain Maddie. IMHO

Apparently according to some media Portugal are refusing to cooperate and hand over evidence, and say they will not allow MPs to carry out an investigation in Portugal.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/41...robe-will-have-teeth-vows-Scotland-Yard-chief

"Madeleine McCann probe will have teeth, vows Scotland Yard chief"
THE new investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance could lead to a string of arrests within weeks, it emerged yesterday.

"As police began poring over information on the 38 suspects, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood declared it “an important day for Madeleine”.

He promised the Scotland Yard inquiry would have “teeth”. And he was backed by David Cameron, who said he welcomed the move from a review of the case to a full-blown police inquiry.

“It is welcome because they say that there is new evidence, new leads to follow, new things to be done,” said the Prime Minister.

“It was a case that did shock and still shocks the nation and if an answer can be found we should try and find it.” The Yard review, code-named Operation Grange, was launched two years ago after Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, appealed to Mr Cameron for help.

While detectives would not be drawn yesterday on any potential timetable for possible arrests, it is believed action could be taken before the end of the summer.

Meanwhile, they urged the public to continue to help them search for Madeleine. They believe there is a chance she is still alive".

Apparently according to some media Portugal are refusing to cooperate and hand over evidence, and say they will not allow MPs to carry out an investigation in Portugal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-police-denied-2034108

" Madeleine McCann: British police denied access to vital DNA clues
7 Jul 2013 00:01

Scotland Yard officers believe samples from clothing, windows, bed linen and furniture at her family’s holiday apartment could still hold DNA traces."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-police-denied-2034108#ixzz2YUGEyUgh
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

http://www.cp24.com/news/former-mem...ed-with-child-*advertiser censored*-1.1357947
BBm
sorry, 3 in a row.
Maybe important info. gleaned about other cases?

" Toronto police say their investigation was multi-jurisdictional and included assistance from police in both London, England and New Zealand.

Police also say the investigation is ongoing

In the meantime, the suspect is expected to appear in court Monday afternoon.

B L has been charged with:

• Two counts of distributing child *advertiser censored*

• Making child *advertiser censored*

• Counselling to commit an indictable ofence

• Agreement or arrangement-sexual offence against a child under 16 years of age"

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/former-mem...*advertiser censored*-1.1357947#ixzz2YUnjv4V7

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/41...robe-will-have-teeth-vows-Scotland-Yard-chief

"Madeleine McCann probe will have teeth, vows Scotland Yard chief"
THE new investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance could lead to a string of arrests within weeks, it emerged yesterday.

"As police began poring over information on the 38 suspects, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood declared it “an important day for Madeleine”.

He promised the Scotland Yard inquiry would have “teeth”. And he was backed by David Cameron, who said he welcomed the move from a review of the case to a full-blown police inquiry.

Color me confused but if they're just BEGINNING to look into these 38 suspects, how on earth do they know that it's going to lead to a string of arrests within weeks? I thought the case was supposed to be as good as solved already but they're just starting to investigate?? They make a fuss and imply they've nearly bagged their guys because it's the FIRST day of investigation??

Scotland Yard officers believe samples from clothing, windows, bed linen and furniture at her family’s holiday apartment could still hold DNA traces.

But Portuguese officials refuse to hand over the evidence gathered after three-year-old Madeleine vanished in the Algarve in 2007.

The deadlock has prevented British officers from ruling out potential suspects and following up nearly 4,000 leads generated after detectives sifted 30,000 documents.

They believe access to the evidence would let them narrow down their list of 38 suspects, including 12 Britons.
“The fear is the Portuguese were so inept in the early stages that much of the DNA may be lost. But we hope that there will still be traces on some of the items.” The Met this week issued an upbeat announcement of “genuinely new” leads and suggested arrests could be made in weeks.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-police-denied-2034108#ixzz2YX0jMEhh

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-police-denied-2034108#ixzz2YWxpV9Y0

So the Scotland Yard seem expect that many of their famous 38 suspects can be ruled out, presumably because they had nothing to do with it, on the basis of evidence that may or may not exist but they can't even get their hands on to test? That sounds like they're really very very close to putting a nice bow over the solved case file...

You can call me a pessimist but after reading this I don't have any confidence in this investigation leading to Madeleine and a string of arrests within weeks. In Madeleine's case anyway. It is very likely that if they've identified a number of career pedophiles and enough officers spend enough time going through their lives in detail they could find something to arrest these creeps for.

JMO. They should solve the case first, brag later.

Color me confused but if they're just BEGINNING to look into these 38 suspects, how on earth do they know that it's going to lead to a string of arrests within weeks? I thought the case was supposed to be as good as solved already but they're just starting to investigate?? They make a fuss and imply they've nearly bagged their guys because it's the FIRST day of investigation??

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-police-denied-2034108#ixzz2YWxpV9Y0

So the Scotland Yard seem expect that many of their famous 38 suspects can be ruled out, presumably because they had nothing to do with it, on the basis of evidence that may or may not exist but they can't even get their hands on to test? That sounds like they're really very very close to putting a nice bow over the solved case file...

You can call me a pessimist but after reading this I don't have any confidence in this investigation leading to Madeleine and a string of arrests within weeks. In Madeleine's case anyway. It is very likely that if they've identified a number of career pedophiles and enough officers spend enough time going through their lives in detail they could find something to arrest these creeps for.

JMO. They should solve the case first, brag later.

But maybe they're trying to put the heat on the suspects to force them to panic/make a move that could serve as grounds for evidence, warrant, and arrest and possibly extradition?

"Smoke the monsters out" so to speak?

But maybe they're trying to put the heat on the suspects to force them to panic/make a move that could serve as grounds for evidence, warrant, and arrest and possibly extradition?

"Smoke the monsters out" so to speak?

Which move? suppose they might move house or leave the country or something but for the most part that is not a valid reason for arrest in and of itself, as it is not a crime in most countries to leave.

But then what would be the point of reassuring them by saying that the Portuguese botched the investgation by destroying DNA evidence and anyway even if they didn't we can't test it because they won't let us?

Technically MPS only beginning investigation, but in reality have just changed the name from investigative review to investigation which gives them greater powers.

This is simply utter tabloid twaddle. Portugal cannot do anything until the British start the legal ball going. For some reason they haven't done this yet, and the CPS visited Portugal three months ago. It is the British who are dragging their feet.

As of July 4th, Andy Redwood was still saying, we will shortly be officially requesting assistance. Hardly a day passed before the papers exploded with headlines such as the Portuguese dont want to help, they are withholding evidence. Just xenophobic media lies.

This is simply utter tabloid twaddle. Portugal cannot do anything until the British start the legal ball going. For some reason they haven't done this yet, and the CPS visited Portugal three months ago. It is the British who are dragging their feet.

As of July 4th, Andy Redwood was still saying, we will shortly be officially requesting assistance. Hardly a day passed before the papers exploded with headlines such as the Portuguese dont want to help, they are withholding evidence. Just xenophobic media lies.

The British aren't exactly dragging their feet. The legalities take time, and have to be absolutely correct.
It doesn't seem all that long ago that the British were accused of dragging their feet over The Rogatory Letters, but that was because the Portuguese had made mistakes in their application.
A notable one that was never rectified was an application to the British Home Office to interview Martin Smith, who isn't a British Citizen because he lives in souther Ireland.

The British aren't exactly dragging their feet. The legalities take time, and have to be absolutely correct.
It doesn't seem all that long ago that the British were accused of dragging their feet over The Rogatory Letters, but that was because the Portuguese had made mistakes in their application.
A notable one that was never rectified was an application to the British Home Office to interview Martin Smith, who isn't a British Citizen because he lives in souther Ireland.

I cannot believe they did not even bother to check what nationality an important non resident witness was, that is inept.

I cannot believe they did not even bother to check what nationality an important non resident witness was, that is inept.

What? As inept as a British policeman on the ground involved in the case IN Portugal and thinking he was in Spain?
:floorlaugh:

From Jane Tanners interview and what Bob Small UK LE said to her

Reply * *“Yeah, erm, well I was actually talking to, I think it was the, it was some of the people that Kate and Gerry brought in, I was actually talking to them about what had happened at that point. *And Bob SMALL rang, erm, rang me on my phone and sort of said, well he scared the living daylights out of me, because rather than saying ‘The Portuguese Police want to talk to you’, or you know, ‘I want to pick you up to see the Portuguese Police’, he said ‘I need to pick you up and take you to see the Spanish Police but you can’t tell anybody not even Russell’ and all this, so it was sort of a bit and because he’d said Spanish Police, I thought there was some sort of a strange conspiracy going on, so it was like, oh, but, I mean, he just got”.
4078 * *“Got it wrong”.

Im glad the British authorities are taking their time to close all loopholes

If the Mccanns or their friends are thought to be possibly involved, UK LE will see to it there is no wriggle room in any way. Their saying they are not persons of interest is just words. A) If they were, they would not alert them and B) The Portuguese LE had said the same weeks before they made them suspects, back in 2007

Scotland Yard need to ensure they have no control or say in the investigation, as opposed to the Portuguese LE and British Media which allowed them while they were prime suspects to appear on TV and appeal to witnesses to contact them personally with information, use their own detectives whilst the case was open and all the other things they were allowed to get away with. It has been said by many experts in LE that the Portuguese were not nearly half as hard on them as they should have been.

The parents have never been exonerated, not by police, nor by any lawyer, nor by any judge, they remain potential suspects. only the British media have cleares them, but they are in no positioj to do so. The case was closed due to lack of concrete evidence of any crime by anyone! that is the only reason their suspect status was lifted, it was just a technicality in Portuguese law but never a profession that they were innocent.

Even the British police declared nothing in the police files exonerates them.

Scotland yard have stated that after reviewing the evidence the McCann's and holiday friends are not suspects or persons of interest, given the UK laws regarding prejudice of trial they would not say this if they had not been able to discount them.
In Europe people do not have their innocence proven, only their guilt, so it is very misleading to claim that the have not been exonerated when the nearest anyone gets to that is the police saying they were not involved. The final report of the Portuguese attorney general states that there was no evidence the mccanns committed any crime and that no one could come up with an explanation for how they could have hidden a body in such a short time. It also stated that the evidence they previously thought they had against them turned out to be nothing. So the attorney general and the met have stated McCann's not involved, that's more exonerated than anyone else.

Scotland yard have stated that after reviewing the evidence the McCann's and holiday friends are not suspects or persons of interest, given the UK laws regarding prejudice of trial they would not say this if they had not been able to discount them.
In Europe people do not have their innocence proven, only their guilt, so it is very misleading to claim that the have not been exonerated when the nearest anyone gets to that is the police saying they were not involved. The final report of the Portuguese attorney general states that there was no evidence the mccanns committed any crime and that no one could come up with an explanation for how they could have hidden a body in such a short time. It also stated that the evidence they previously thought they had against them turned out to be nothing. So the attorney general and the met have stated McCann's not involved, that's more exonerated than anyone else.

Sorry but that is total rubbish

Murat was exonerated in black and white

The final legal summary said there were unanswered questions around the Mccanns

As I posted before, they have never been exonerated by any legal body, that is a fact, and thatincludes the British LE saying they were not, you cannog dispute black and white words from them just because you want to

and again, if ey were persons of interest, scotland Yard would NOT say they are, doh

Sorry but that is total rubbish

Murat was exonerated in black and white

The final legal summary said there were unanswered questions around the Mccanns

As I posted before, they have never been exonerated by any legal body, that is a fact, and thatincludes the British LE saying they were not, you cannog dispute black and white words from them just because you want to

and again, if ey were persons of interest, scotland Yard would NOT say they are, doh

The final statement said there was no evidence that either McCanns or Murat committed any crime, the exact same wording was used. Scotland yard stated last year it was a criminal abduction by a stranger, they have now stated that neither the McCann's nor their friends are suspects.

The final statement said there was no evidence that either McCanns or Murat committed any crime, the exact same wording was used. Scotland yard stated last year it was a criminal abduction by a stranger, they have now stated that neither the McCann's nor their friends are suspects.

<modsnip> it was printed in black and whitw that all suspicions aganst murat evaporated, not the same for the mccanns AND

scotland yard did NOT state there was an abduction by a stranger, all they said was, there was an opportunity for an abduction and an abduction is a crime by a stranger, keep up

Mr Redwood was choosing his words carefully and walking on eggshells the whole time...must make you think WHY any police officer DCI would walk on bloody eggshells
LOL

Can you please post links to all of this...I follow Madeleine's case closely and have NEVER read that Madeleine was definitely abducted by a stranger, or that the Tapas crew have been exonerated.

Can you please post links to all of this...I follow Madeleine's case closely and have NEVER read that Madeleine was definitely abducted by a stranger, or that the Tapas crew have been exonerated.

It was in a press conference a couple of weeks ago, Scotland yard said in an official statement that neither the McCann's or their friends were suspects or persons of interest. If you go to bbc it might still be on their site otherwise try YouTube.

The final report states that there was no evidence that either the McCann's or Murat practised any crime. It did not state the McCann's may be guilty at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23