Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there were 2 rapes on the video found at PDL, that would explain it.
The video and camcorder were scrapped in a vehicle, hence the actual rape of lady was not shown in the Court case of the 72 year old lady.

A second film showed a younger person in the house. She was tied naked to a wooden beam. The house inhabitant, his acquaintance, had sat on the sofa in this sequence. The young woman had asked him to release her a few times.

It was a rape, what was going on, she said in German. The witness who stole the camera said he and his friend wanted nothing to do with what they found.

Testimony reveals how new Madeleine McCann suspect raped US tourist

A second film showed a younger person in the house. She was tied naked to a wooden beam. The house inhabitant, his acquaintance, had sat on the sofa in this sequence. The young woman had asked him to release her a few times.

It was a rape, what was going on, she said in German. The witness who stole the camera said he and his friend wanted nothing to do with what they found.

That's why I have a light bulb avatar DLK!
I've just had a moment!
Took us all this time to spot that? :rolleyes:

"It was a rape, what was going on, she said in German. The witness who stole the camera said he and his friend wanted nothing to do with what they found"

So the witnesses to the rape footage were friends - A man and a German woman?
Not sure what to make of that sentence.

I agree, but by saying "I can't give any information about that at the moment" it's impossible to lie. He simply neither wants to say "yes, we do" nor "no, we don't".

But one thing is sure, DLK: CB knows the answer.
Suppose it could be Mendel, a tactical ploy. And if he just said "I can't comment on that", I wouldn't be so suspicious. But he chose to go beyond that with his words saying he cannot confirm or deny, and then later saying he can't say if they do have pictures of Madeleine or if they don't have pictures. Along with the comments of knowing how she died and that she wasn't held for long, I just get the feeling there is something very incriminating they have and that it involves something along these lines. Perhaps I'm wrong.

"It was a rape, what was going on, she said in German. The witness who stole the camera said he and his friend wanted nothing to do with what they found"

So the witnesses to the rape footage were friends - A man and a German woman?
Not sure what to make of that sentence.
It's a bit ambiguous but I think what they mean here is the woman in the video was calling out in German that this was a rape. Maybe as opposed to a consensual kinky session. We only have second hand testimony so it's hard to say what exactly happened. This was after all supposedly in CB's own house with the beam. Unlike the other rape, this may have been a case of CB and the victim knowing one another, except he took things too far. Just a possibility. The person has never come forward or been linked a missing person as far as I'm aware.

It's a bit ambiguous but I think what they mean here is the woman in the video was calling out in German that this was a rape. Maybe as opposed to a consensual kinky session. We only have second hand testimony so it's hard to say what exactly happened. This was after all supposedly in CB's own house with the beam. Unlike the other rape, this may have been a case of CB and the victim knowing one another, except he took things too far. Just a possibility. The person has never come forward or been linked a missing person as far as I'm aware.

MT also said this in the DT article

"Tatschl said Brückner was in a relationship with a German woman 20 years his senior at the time"
I imagine CB knew lots of people in Portugal and around PDL, so many more than we are aware of who may be connected to this investigation or who had suffered at his hands imo.

I don't think it can be said 100% certain if the rape he showed on his phone was the 72-year-old given other inaccuracies in the Press but most of the UK media certainly reported that it was. Some examples:

He was reportedly chatting to the friend in Germany when a TV report came on about the tenth anniversary of the girl's disappearance and he suggested he knew what had happened to her.

German sources claim he boasted he had "snatched her" but didn’t say he had killed her.

Christian B then allegedly showed a video of himself raping a 72-year-old tourist in Portugal in 2005, which he was later convicted and jailed for eight years over.

Sky News reported: "He was in a bar in Germany with another man, around the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance. A report came on the TV and he said something to suggest that he knew what happened.

"He also allegedly showed a video of himself raping a woman. Video of the rape led to an investigation that last year meant he was convicted of the rape of a tourist on the Algarve in around 2005.

Maddie McCann paedo suspect 'told pal in bar he snatched her on 10th anniversary of disappearance'

The suspect, a 43-year-old German named by prosecutors as Christian B, allegedly said something to suggest he was responsible for her going missing.

Later, he showed his companion a video of himself raping an elderly woman, an American tourist, in Portugal in 2005.

Madeleine McCann: Suspect is named Christian B - What we know about jailed German

Madeleine McCann suspect 'told pal he'd snatched her while watching TV in a pub'

In the recent ITV documentary, it was also said that the 72-year-old rape conviction was as a direct result of the MM investigation. Whether that was initiated because of the phone video viewed or because of something else that was uncovered during the investigation I can't be sure.

This is all very confusing to me. And soon I won't even know what's right anymore.

This in advance: Already weeks ago I had contacted the Mail, the Sun and the portal "Anorak" by e-mail - very friendly - because they had written nonsense all the time. Of course I have not received an answer until today. Maybe my letterhead was too intimidating or my English too bad.

If the tabloids make up their own stories, that's fine, but in my opinion it is more prose than news. But if it refers to German media, at a time when these false reports are not yet in any German newspaper, and then the following day the German tabloid media copy the same nonsense from the English and embellish it further, then the whole thing becomes a farce for the consumer.

I believe in the case of reporting on CB / MM aspiring media scientists can work off later and earn academic merit.

First of all what is true:

It is true that the video of the rape of the 72 year old was the trigger for the investigation of the MM case. (ITV has presented this quite correctly)

It is true that CB said in a pub on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance, "what the heck, we'll have to stop now. She is dead - such a child can be made to disappear".

It is true that CB once bragged to a friend in a pub (and I seem to remember that it was not the same day) and showed him a rape video of himself.

_____

As far as I know, the video of the 2005 rape existed only once, without copies, in the house in PdL in 2006, when CBs two "friends" (who were only supposed to secure the money) took it from the house and stole both: money and camera including video. Later, one of them deliberately put the video in a car that was scrapped.

Years later, these two criminals got their guilty conscience and they went to the police to report what they had seen on the video (which probably contained other cases as well). I suspect the German authorities contacted the Portuguese authorities to assign the case and get more details. I also assume that the two guys testified as witnesses at the court case last year. Unfortunately, I cannot access the court files without a huge effort.

In any case, the video disappeared immediately and therefore could not have been shown in a pub in 2017. So it must have been a different video.

It wouldn't make any sense that two buddies, who had stolen a whole lot of money from him, would suddenly be sitting together with him in a pub again - by chance on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance.

Everything I have described above comes from German media and television. Since I was not CB's lapdog, I was not there.

No real way to prove identification for the police based on that video evidence alone. Slight difference to only showing the victim but certainly still doing everything to hide his identity.
CB is said to have a large birthmark on his thigh, and I think - at least that's how it usually is - that he might pull his pants down a bit for penetration.
So they can identify him.

Last edited:
This is all very confusing to me. And soon I won't even know what's right anymore.

This in advance: Already weeks ago I had contacted the Mail, the Sun and the portal "Anorak" by e-mail - very friendly - because they had written nonsense all the time. Of course I have not received an answer until today. Maybe my letterhead was too intimidating or my English too bad.

If the tabloids make up their own stories, that's fine, but in my opinion it is more prose than news. But if it refers to German media, at a time when these false reports are not yet in any German newspaper, and then the following day the German tabloid media copy the same nonsense from the English and embellish it further, then the whole thing becomes a farce for the consumer.

I believe in the case of reporting on CB / MM aspiring media scientists can work off later and earn academic merit.

First of all what is true:

It is true that the video of the rape of the 72 year old was the trigger for the investigation of the MM case. (ITV has presented this quite correctly)

It is true that CB said in a pub on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance, "what the heck, we'll have to stop now. She is dead - such a child can be made to disappear".

It is true that CB once bragged to a friend in a pub (and I seem to remember that it was not the same day) and showed him a rape video of himself.

_____

As far as I know, the video of the 2005 rape existed only once, without copies, in the house in PdL in 2006, when CBs two "friends" (who were only supposed to secure the money) took it from the house and stole both: money and camera including video. Later, one of them deliberately put the video in a car that was scrapped.

Years later, these two criminals got their guilty conscience and they went to the police to report what they had seen on the video (which probably contained other cases as well). I suspect the German authorities contacted the Portuguese authorities to assign the case and get more details. I also assume that the two guys testified as witnesses at the court case last year. Unfortunately, I cannot access the court files without a huge effort.

In any case, the video disappeared immediately and therefore could not have been shown in a pub in 2017. So it must have been a different video.

It wouldn't make any sense that two buddies, who had stolen a whole lot of money from him, would suddenly be sitting together with him in a pub again - by chance on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance.

Everything I have described above comes from German media and television. Since I was not CB's lapdog, I was not there.
I agree, there is a lot of conflicting information going around and falsities being copied (by both UK and German media). Earlier reports (not UK based media) of the rape videos found at the farmhouse said that it was not of the 72-year-old victim. It was said there was 2 videos, one of a young german girl and one of an older (not necessarily old) lady who was also bound and calling out for help in Italian. It is all very unclear, I've read reports in German, UK and Portugal media on it and still cannot ascertain the truth.

Interesting the comment you make here -

It is true that CB said in a pub on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance, "what the heck, we'll have to stop now. She is dead - such a child can be made to disappear

Now that comment is I assume the version touted in the UK media where he is alleged to have said about "the girl is dead now... and that's a good thing" followed up by comments of how easy a body can be made to disappear and that pigs also eat flesh. However, that took place years before 2017 according to UK reports, be interesting if you have a link that says it was in 2017.

My personal opinion is that the UK media have a lot of the facts wrong, but I also think the German media are guilty of that too. I translated the timeline you posted a few days ago and there were a few things in there which are contradicted by more recent reports. Unfortunately a lot of outlets are copying information from one another and not verifying the facts.

Last edited:
When I heard about the rape at the beam, I thought the victim was unknown. Hence the clear references of the BKA to the beam and the call to come forward if someone remembers the house "with the beam".
My second thought was that the prosecutors suspected that there might have been other rapes of a similar kind.

Whatsoever is behind Hannover searches it had a relieving effect on CB who filed his appeal again right next day and he had waived it days before. That tells us he expected police to be in the right path and learned they aren't :(
Are we attaching any credibility to reports that he withdrew then renewed the appeal in order to change it from Braunschweig to Kiel?

Christian Brueckner, 43, has switched a get-out-of-jail-early application from a court that has previously jailed him to one near his prison in the hope of a more sympathetic hearing, according to lawyers.
[...]
But Brueckner has switched his application to a court in Kiel.
[...]
He has told lawyers he has lost faith in the justice system in Braunschweig.​
Prime suspect in Madeleine McCann case 'making new bid for freedom at different court' | Buzz.ie
(This was just the first link I found - there were similar reports in other sources)

A second film showed a younger person in the house. She was tied naked to a wooden beam. The house inhabitant, his acquaintance, had sat on the sofa in this sequence. The young woman had asked him to release her a few times

The way I’m reading this is that during the rape of the young German girl. CBs acquaintance who inhabited the house from which the footage was taken, was sat on the sofa observing the rape? We have heard MT shared the Pdl farmhouse with CB....could he have been the acquaintance in this instance? Or was the footage taken elsewhere?

Last edited:
Loony, it could be read that the naked, tied up woman repeatedly asked the house inhabitant, who was sitting in the sofa, to release her. The house inhabitant was an acquaintance of the other person (who was not there). This is one possible interpretation.

A second film showed a younger person in the house. She was tied naked to a wooden beam. The house inhabitant, his acquaintance, had sat on the sofa in this sequence. The young woman had asked him to release her a few times

The way I’m reading this is that during the rape of the young German girl. CBs acquaintance who inhabited the house from which the footage was taken, was sat of the sofa observing the rape? We have heard MT shared the Pdl farmhouse with CB....could he have been the acquaintance in this instance? Or was the footage taken elsewhere?
It's a pretty poorly worded article, I should have probably picked another to reference as there are a few.

I believe it means that CB is the acquaintance of the person robbing the house and also he is the inhabitant. If you replace the commas with brackets it makes more sense-

The house inhabitant (his acquaintance) had sat on the sofa in this sequence

It's a pretty poorly worded article, I should have probably picked another to reference as there are a few.

I believe it means that CB is the acquaintance of the person robbing the house and also he is the inhabitant. If you replace the commas with brackets it makes more sense-

The house inhabitant (his acquaintance) had sat on the sofa in this sequence

I’m struggling to get my head around that sentence DLK, it just doesn’t make any sense to me....if CB was the one committing the rape, he wouldn’t be sat on the sofa during this sequence?

I’m struggling to get my head around that sentence DLK, it just doesn’t make any sense to me....if CB was the one committing the rape, he wouldn’t be sat on the sofa during this sequence?
I think it means at some point during the "sequence" of the rape, he sat down on the sofa. Without going into details it is said CB made her perform a sexual act upon him, maybe it was at this point. I'm not sure.

Loony, it could be read that the naked, tied up woman repeatedly asked the house inhabitant, who was sitting in the sofa, to release her. The house inhabitant was an acquaintance of the other person (who was not there). This is one possible interpretation.

Thanks Jene, that is defo a realistic interpretation.
However I dunno whether I should take offence to being referred to as loony lol :D I probably shouldn’t post at this late hour o_O x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member