Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the dog evidence that always made me feel it wasn't an intruder, so I find it confusing.

How sniffer dogs signalled 'scent of blood & corpse' in Maddie McCann apartment

How can this be ignored? Unless the dogs were wrong.

I think the dogs were wrong. In the video with the hire car it appears they are being directed. It's plausible the search wasn't conducted properly. They can only indicate and without further evidence it doesn't mean anything. I think blood was found but not conclusive proven as Madeleine's. It could have been anyone's. DNA was found in the hire car but again not conclusively proven on be Madeleine's. It could have come from anyone in the family. Or some other random, it was a hire car. We hear people day the dogs have never been wrong but actually where does that come from? The handlers, law enforcement, who have a vested interest in people believing the dogs are never wrong. It's not an exact science, how can it be, they are dogs.

Do we know if the camper had a German number plate? I've had a look back through some of the older possible sightings and found this one from the 28th may 2007 in spain,
possible Madeline McCann sighting with a German man in a VW van with a German number plate.
Portuguese number plates

True, loyalties frail, money does talk. Law enforcement might makes offers they can't refuse.
LE usually never make offers. It has to come down from the prosecution teams but rarely will they agree.

For eg. Informant says....I have a video of a child being abused it might be of interest to you.....

Police: how did you get the video

Informant. I will tell you only if you wont press charges

Police thinking.....hmmm....this man himself could be the abuser.....

See where this leads. They can arrest the informant straightaway and check all his electronics that’s why no informant will come forward. There is no guarantees.

Re: The Beam.

The video they’re appealing for information with regard to the beam is not the rape of the 72 year old. It’s one of the two younger victims.

They’re obviously looking for anyone who has seen violent rape footage - online or otherwise - and can link it to this house. We know that in the case of the older lady he wore a mask. Perhaps this was common for him so the only identifiable feature from footage would be the surroundings.

From the Telegraph...

“They had stolen his video camera and found on it, according to a subsequent court case, recordings of at least two rapes. One showed the older woman being attacked and the other a young victim raped in his farmhouse. The victim in that case was tied to a wooden beam inside the farmhouse. In a television appeal on Wednesday in the hunt to prove Brückner had abducted Madeleine, police showed a photograph of the distinctive wooden beam and asked if there was anybody out there who recognised it.”

No. Nothing to do with the family. It was a new witness - partying on an island. He was very sheepish and shook up. The implication being that he had to come forward but he was compromised by doing so and that Maddie had been sold into a pedophile ring.
do you have the source? Thanks

I am having trouble believing g that a member of the group left every 15/20 minutes to check all the children,its inconvenient and would disturb the evening,if they were committed to doing this then they might just aswell have taken the children with them.
I'm not saying they never checked,but I would bet that it was closer to every hour IMO
I agree. Human nature. It wasn't a military exercise.
Going by CB's previous, and the witness statements of people seeing someone and/or others hanging aroung the apartment; I'd say everyone was being watched including the Tapas Group. IMO

<modsnip: Removed broken quote and another post was removed>

Criminals of this type, habituated to crime, habituated to psychiatric crimes and paedophilia....never confess. In fact they profess their innocence even after overwhelming evidence and conviction.

The hardened the criminal the more they say they are innocent. Its one of the mysteries of criminology.

Confessions are only a factor when there is a plea bargain. That won’t happen in a case such as this. There is no bargaining to be done. The LE have very little to bring to court as evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article that had the beam with the arrow was of the farmhouse. Someone upthread pointed out that they later removed the arrow in further publications of the photo. I think that’s the beam of interest but even press are rushing so fast they’re getting details muddled.
I wonder what the arrow was pointing to? Isn’t the picture cropped so we can’t see?

Lots of reports that he did break in to her house so it's logical to conclude that he kidnapped her and held her captive at his farm. Pretty brazen to say the least.
The single ‘body hair’ was found on a bed where she was raped, so it can’t of been in his own farm house bed or they’d of knew the culprit!! Also the pictures released of his farmhouse, with the fire on etc, they look like crime scene pics, especially with the arrow pointing to something we can’t see on screen, so what was the crime? He wasn’t investigated for the rape until 14 years later, so depending on when them photos were taken, I really don’t know the purpose of them? The arrow is pretty significant. I wish we could see what it’s pointing to..

Yup he boasted and was his downfall. But they still don’t have evidence. Its a statement of another person about a conversation. Need a lot more to secure any conviction.

The single ‘body hair’ was found on a bed where she was raped, so it can’t of been in his own farm house bed or they’d of knew the culprit!! Also the pictures released of his farmhouse, with the fire on etc, they look like crime scene pics, especially with the arrow pointing to something we can’t see on screen, so what was the crime? He wasn’t investigated for the rape until 14 years later, so depending on when them photos were taken, I really don’t know the purpose of them? The arrow is pretty significant. I wish we could see what it’s pointing to..

The crimes in the farmhouse were only reported by those who stole he video camera. They saw a video of the rape of the 72 year old (in her villa) and then at least one other rape - some reports say two - of younger woman that took place in the farm house.

The crimes in the farmhouse were only reported by those who stole he video camera. They saw a video of the rape of the 72 year old (in her villa) and then at least one other rape - some reports say two - of younger woman that took place in the farm house.

Presumably since they haven’t seen this footage - the thief’s who stole it say it was scrapped with their motorhome - then he can’t be charged. But, if someone else happens to be in possession of the video that clearly shows a violent sexual crime took place in that house then they can charge him.

Yup he boasted and was his downfall. But they still don’t have evidence. Its a statement of another person about a conversation. Need a lot more to secure any conviction.

Absolutely. But the fact that he reportedly showed the rape video during the same conversation and that lead to a charge is so helpful re the credibility of that witness.

Would the nanny really remember a picture of the suspected that she saw many years earlier?

I live in Spain and I have the same windows and shutters and I assure you that you can in fact get in and out of the windows very easily. The upper apartments accross from us have been burgled many times using windows smaller than the ones in the MCanns bedroons. It is why most properties have iron railings.

This is actually one of the reasons I didn't trust Amaral from the beginning. Incidentally the window pane sections lift and pull out completely but that wasn't done in this case and didn't have to be as there was plenty of room to get out. I can also jimmy some of my shutters up almost half way, but they drop back down with a crash. I have tried to upload a picture of one of my windows open but the file is too large.
as you have these windows, i wonder if you can answer a couple of questions about them?
i have seen the demonstration of how the shutters can be raised from the outside.

it appears that the windows [i.e. the glass] lock from the inside.
so i assume that if the glass is locked from the inside, there is no way to open the glass part of the window from the outside.
how do intruders get in through the glass section of the window?

--He reportedly talked on the web, about his desire to kidnap a youngster and abuse them for days then dispose of them.
Anything else?

The thing with this though, is that it happened years after whatever happened with Madeleine.

I think that having little girl’s clothing in the house is really significant. Why? To dress up a victim? Because it belonged to someone? He also had adult exotic clothes - wigs etc. It’s all very theatrical. I think this points again to making video to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304