Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #23

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by Taskforce88, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedtink

tedtink Well-Known Member

2. tedtink

tedtink Well-Known Member

Strange shoes!
    Again like the night pic (pig snout) shoes.
    Honestly I seem to be obsessed with feet tonight :rolleyes:

Okapi, C.greek, Chiatos and 1 other person like this.
  3. Chiatos

Chiatos Well-Known Member

Here is a link (behind a paywall, but still):
    Madeleine McCann: Police search church
    Have no idea whether it is the same church, but it is a church nonetheless (...!)

November 2007;
    Portuguese detectives investigating Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are reported to have carried out fresh searches of the church where her parents prayed for the safe return of their daughter.
    Officers carried out a detailed investigation of the church and an old cemetery nearby in a bid to discover whether the four-year-old’s body could have been hidden there in the days following her disappearance.

Officers from the Policia Judiciaria searched the building a fortnight ago to explore whether the girl’s body could have been hidden there, it was claimed in a Portuguese newspaper.

The search was carried out "informally and with maximum discretion" as part of a review of the case by Paulo Rebelo, Portugal’s second most senior policeman who took over the investigation in early October.

PJ volta a ouvir padre e a fazer buscas na igreja
    PJ volta a ouvir padre e a fazer buscas na igreja

snowpea666, C.greek and tedtink like this.
  4. Trivento

Trivento Well-Known Member

Thanks for update...yes does look similar .

Maybe MT also in the image ( guy with criss-cross top ) , face / head-shape looks similar to images have seen of him ...and with a magnifying glass think can even make out some of his distinctive “ neck tattoo “ , perhaps also his black ear-ring .

Believe good chance is CB in image at 3.56-3.58 ...imo ...the guy with camouflage jacket .

Am now also wondering if that might be a dark haired lady with pink / red sunglasses in white coat ( next to the possible CB ) ...maybe NF ..?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    tedtink and snowpea666 like this.
  5. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

Interesting that Rebelo took that step

I still believe his role was purely political - so what was required to archive the investigation and file it as missing persons.

Chiatos, snowpea666, C.greek and 2 others like this.
  6. Anxala

Anxala Well-Known Member

@Chiatos - thanks for that.

What I was actually questioning was why some random comment by some person unknown was being taken seriously and treated as if it had merit? And then used as an excuse to cast further aspersions on the PJ?

If the PJ carried out searches of the church and the church grounds, then surely they were just doing their job at the time? Based on the many ambiguities they were presented with and their need to cover all bases?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Chiatos likes this.
  7. Ausgrlz

Ausgrlz Active Member

There have been a large number of reports detailing the shonkyness of the Portuguese police investigation, even a cursory knowledge of the case should have brought at least one up and it has been discussed on multiple threads previously..... https://www.theconversation.com/amp/madeleine-mccann-investigation-was-flawed-from-the-start-says-senior-detective-who-was-there-140132
    https://www.7news.com.au/news/crime/portuguese-police-under-fire-for-bungled-investigation-into-maddy-mccanns-disappearance-c-1082514.amp
    Why Portugal is a haven for paedophiles - the disturbing backcloth to the Madeleine case | Daily Mail Online

There is stacks more out there. IMO though CB was ruled out due to his alibi, which has now fallen apart. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think there were real issues with the investigation.

8. mrjitty

I continue to find this strange.

A person officially accused, but not charged, with now be featured in a documentary including, presumably key witnesses - would they not be asked not to speak to media?

Or are these people not key witnesses? In which case ....

Lilly b likes this.
  9. mrjitty

This is why the Daily Mail should never be cited in any serious thread

Overweight policeman eats lunch near his work in warm temperatures shocker ....

Helleux301, Loobyloo and Lilly b like this.
  10. Ausgrlz

Ausgrlz Active Member

snowpea666 and Lilly b like this.
  11. mrjitty

In what way is it snobbish? The DM article resorts to personal attacks based around appearance, sprinkled with lurid accusations about elite pedo rings backed by no actual sources or evidence.

Not terribly convincing.

Helleux301 and Anxala like this.
  12. Trivento

Trivento Well-Known Member

Thought would play the YouTube clip on my 4K TV ..and zooming in on neck of guy I thought might be MT at 3.56-3.58..end up seeing a face..weird ! Maybe due to video editing or an illusion ..!?

Attached Files:

snowpea666 likes this.
  13. Ausgrlz

Ausgrlz Active Member

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, presented without any supporting evidence, IMO the DM has more sources than most newspapers. While I would agree that their political reporting is biased and most stories sensationalised, they still report on stories and have a greater range and reach than other news sources which may be struggling with the digital transition.
    The Trouble With This Country is the Daily Mail - Intelligence Squared

snowpea666 likes this.
  14. Sharkbite

Sharkbite Well-Known Member

A bit more info in the Sun from the Discovery Plus documentary that premieres tonight.

"The woman - identified only as M in the documentary - said she had met Christian B in the summer of 2009 after he had returned from Portugal and was living in the motorhome.

She said: ''I was at a dance for over 30's - I was 52 and he was 32. I saw him and we started talking. “He told me he had camper van and that I could move in with him.
    ''

Maddie suspect pictured in ‘lair where he hid 8000 child abuse images'

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    tedtink, SuperdadV8, Okapi and 7 others like this.
  15. JB1510

JB1510 Active Member

Thanks for that , I always wondered who the older woman was MT referred too. Hopefully these documentaries will
    find their way online soon enough . I expect I’ll download Discovery+ though . Are all 3 available at once or is it a weekly thing ?

Lilly b likes this.
  16. snowpea666

snowpea666 Snow

Shark, do you have a link to the Doc tonight ? cant find one :(

17. Dave55

Dave55 Member

18. Dave55

Dave55 Member

What was his alibi

19. Lilly b

Lilly b Well-Known Member

Could she be the Marie or Maria?, the one that he said he missed when he was in Germany

Chiatos likes this.
  20. Dave55

Dave55 Member

What was his alibi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.