Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #23

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by Taskforce88, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trivento

Trivento Well-Known Member

No....nothing new .

altojack, C.greek, Tekno and 2 others like this.

2. Okapi

Okapi Well-Known Member

Ugggh, that is vile and distressing, but thanks for posting @Tekno

What jumps out at me:

The ex-girlfriend spoke of CB's love of kids and dogs. Behold, the modus operandi of the paedophile.

The opportunistic, scavenging, impulsive and hasty nature of the offending detailed here. I think that's an important consideration in what likely befell MM.

The beatings and abuse meted out to CB and his brothers by their adopted parents. This is the first I've heard of that. I do recall reading that his parents took him in as an "act of charity" - perhaps from a religious organisation? That phrase is interesting because most people adopt because they would like to parent a child and become a family. An act of charity is really implying a sense of religious duty.

The article mentions how CB drove a friend to his farm via hidden roads. The covert behaviour of a fox sneaking around a chicken coup. Certainly someone who deliberately stayed off the radar.

Confirmation once again he is a gambler. An impulsive nature. And an alcoholic. Wanting to sneak vodka into jail via oranges?!

I hope we are going to see real progress in this case soon. But in the meantime, even if we're going round and round the roundabout...sometimes you discover something hidden in plain sight. So we will keep on re-examining.

3. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

That is my opinion as well, and I suspected this would happen last summer.

Look at someone like Sandra F who is running around claiming her big mistake was to trust GA who overcooked his evidence, but then is trusting HCW - based on no evidence!

The media is credulous as ever, and just love some conspiracy theory. Even if CB is guilty, it's highly unlikely he is involved in all these cases he is being "linked" to.

I really hope HCW can back up his big talk, because otherwise it will be embarrassing

vermisstekindersuche likes this.
  4. Chiatos

Chiatos Well-Known Member

Patience is a virtue ...........

5. Ekliptika

Ekliptika Well-Known Member

I echo this.
    I watch it because it is good to get faces to the names but it basically just sums up the information already discussed here. I do not expect anything new in episode 3 as well.
    The documentary states that it is investigating who CB is, not necessarily investigating what happened to MM

C.greek, altojack, snowpea666 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ekliptika

To the bolded part (and not to excuse his actions) but imagine growing up as someone’s “act of charity”, so someone might feel better about themselves.

Okapi, Tekno and Lilly b like this.
  7. Lilly b

Lilly b Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be right, as we don't know what's happened to her
    Did you notice that FF said if you want to know about his past, talk to his friends and people that new of him.
    I feel it was, Abit like watching a film of a book, it brought it to life, as in the buildings the area, and the places

Okapi and Ekliptika like this.
  8. Ekliptika

I am a bit baffled everytime there is an interview with FF. He looks very young (how old is he) and he has a bit of an attitude in my opinion, like he is personally invested in the case or his client. If find it very interesting to study him and what he says.

snowpea666, Tekno and Lilly b like this.
  9. Lilly b

Lilly b Well-Known Member

He is playing his cards very close to his chest, so to speak

altojack, snowpea666 and Tekno like this.
  10. SuperdadV8

SuperdadV8 Well-Known Member

With 36 years FF is a very young solicitor, what doesn't mean, that he isn't professional in what he is doing. He also seems to have a very experienced colleague in this case, with JS.

But he is doing the same in some way, that he accuses HCW of. He indicates (and spreads over the media) that just because the prosecutors do not reveal what they have against his client, that they have nothing except verdicts and assumptions.

Instead of remaining silent, until the prosecutors put their cards on the table and to react strategally to this. Instead of it he claims, that his client isn't responsible for MM's disappearance and even blamed the parents.

IF (!) they may have proof that CB and MM had direct contact, even without concrete evidence of the murder itself, his statements should be counterproductive IMO. Just one single picture would pull down that house of cards. Because then he would have to deal with a proven abduction and a missing child for years, what makes the possibility of a getting rid of evidence perp very likely.

And that would reveal, that either his client has been lying to him, or the solicitor has been lying to the media. Shouldn't make the defence easier, if you ask me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    C.greek, altojack, snowpea666 and 4 others like this.
  11. Anxala

Anxala Well-Known Member

@SuperdadV8

I've just been having a read back over the last few pages and your various posts in which you're questioning (paraphrasing here, for brevity) what exactly is going on here as far as who wants this MM crime solved and who would rather it remained unsolved and, more specifically, 'unscrutinised'.

You've raised some interesting points.

I've wondered about this too, particularly because of what seems like an almost deliberate - if not actually determined - lack of co-operation and joined-up thinking amongst the 3 police forces involved.

It's almost as if ongoing confusion that leads nowhere useful is the preferred route...

altojack, Okapi and SuperdadV8 like this.
  12. JB1510

JB1510 Active Member

The liaisons between the 3 forces must be pretty poor .
    The Portuguese can’t be happy the BKA got their DNA sample then tried and convicted CB in Germany . The trust
    with SY can’t be much better .Any potential witnesses of CB in PDL close to the time MM went missing, they would have needed to have the witnesses do an ID of CB in a blind photograph test prior to public knowledge .
    Whatever ever the Germans have they don’t wish the chance of it being leaked and I admire them for that. As far as I am concerned all HCW has done is an appeal that’s it .

C.greek, altojack, Ausgrlz and 4 others like this.
  13. SuperdadV8

Thank you Anxala! In my opinion, if a case needs more than ten years to be solved and so many other oddities, every possibility should be worth a thought.

I could imagine, that it has really been more a job to CB, than or maybe after satisfying own urges. Who knows what kind of business he came into contact in prison. AFAIK, there wasn't just broken paedos in the area at the time.

But as i said, i'm just assuming. That case has made it's way into political issues between at least two countries very soon. That happens of course, but not THAT often IMO.

14. SuperdadV8

Maybe stirring up some people, by pushing a single tool for the crime into focus...?!;)

Due to the references to the britons made by HCW AND FF, the Clement F. (or other) discussions still seem actual and interesting to me. Hard to think, that some "aristocrats" crawl into homes for some bait by themselves.

CB's primary target seems to have been money. 1 million euros until reaching the age of 40. Cars, theft, drug dealing/trafficking and so on.

IMO this case is more complex, than a peado-thief having the opportunity to steal more than passports and cameras, whilst being on tour....

altojack, tedtink, Lilly b and 4 others like this.
  15. Nikolai_ff

Nikolai_ff Member

I think I figured out the dogs barking in the apartment bit. Like Eureka!

I always thought there was something odd about it, the places where they found the smell source kinda weird. Also totally improbable as in the car trunk rented weeks after the event. Yet some people keep droning “the dogs don’t lie” ad nauseam. So here I am looking at reviews of tongue scrapers... and it’s right there... “part of what causes bad breath are bacteria in saliva AND compounds such as PUTRESCINE AND CADAVERINE” . So I hit science papers - yup, tons of articles and studies on this.

My feeling is that - since kids drool a lot - little Maddie OR somebody else spit/drooled behind the couch. It’s also the place where cleaners might not reach with the harsh chemicals they clean the floors with. The car boot is where you would put drooly kids toys and clothes.

My previous theory was that either an animal died there such a a lizard or some exotic cockroach that the dogs were not used to, or some foreign cleaning chemicals replicated the smell AND that being in a completely foreign country with a foreign “palette of smells” might have further thrown them off.

altojack, Ausgrlz and Tekno like this.
  16. mrjitty

Not sure about 36 being young for a top lawyer! In my day in commercial law, you started at around 25 and would hope to be a partner by your mid 30s at the latest. So guys in their mid 30s are the top talents. By your mid to late 40s you are often washed up - people tend to transition to easier jobs

Can be different for court lawyers

altojack likes this.
  17. mrjitty

Some parts of this are not difficult IMO

PJ does not want further activity into this case, especially if it will drag out over multiple years, and especially if the key information is not shared with them.

We also know the Met never wanted operation grange, and it has also dragged out for an embarrassing length of time. I am sure they've love to hand off to the germans and close up.

The worst outcome for all 3 forces is this all goes nowhere in 2021

vermisstekindersuche likes this.
  18. SuperdadV8

It's a little bit different in germany. There you go to school until the age of about 18/19. If your are quick and ambitious, you can finish university in about 5-6 years for the first exam. To become a lawyer, you need a second exam after another at least 2 years absolving a traineeship.

So the "nerds" could likely become lawyers at the age of around 27-28. The normal students who enjoyed their time at the University, will finish the education around the age of 30. Like i and many others did.:D

snowpea666, C.greek, altojack and 3 others like this.
  19. Dave55

Dave55 Member

In episode 1 Wolters said the evidence could be witness statements, photos or videos.
    In 2 it was said that none of the photos found at the abandoned factory related to Inge... But no mention of MM.
    Indications to me that the concrete evidence is photographic

snowpea666, C.greek, altojack and 4 others like this.
  20. tedtink

tedtink Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    snowpea666, C.greek, Okapi and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.