Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Amaral has a new book coming out

One imagines the publicity for that is going to kick over a few hornets nests

I agree with much of what you’re saying but I am still highly suspect of Robert Murat, it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a hand in it somehow. He changed his account of what happened on the run up to MM’s disappearance significantly once he was aware that the PJ had tracked his phone data - why? Suspicious behaviour will cause people to raise doubts.

I agree, and I'm absolutely not ruling anyone out (anyone, and Murat is far from alone here in terms of unexplained 'activity' in the run up to MM's 'abduction'), but it's the overly sensational and ego-driven nature of Clarke's journalism that I just have no time for.

As @JB1510 said above, there is decent journalistic content in The Olive Press, courtesy of those journalists who write for and contribute to it, so I'm not knocking the paper, just the editor.

So Amaral has a new book coming out

One imagines the publicity for that is going to kick over a few hornets nests

A link dated 25/8/21 for info - Gonçalo Amaral is ‘back’ … pointing finger squarely at Madeleine McCann’s parents - Portugal Resident

The timing of this interview has been pivotal. First, it fires yet another broadside at the ongoing German investigation (already showing signs of being shambolic click here), second it rekindles interest in the world’s longest running missing person’s mystery ahead of publication of Amaral’s second book, due out in October.

On Tuesday night, Amaral revisited this line of inquiry, trashing it wholeheartedly: how could Brückner have entered the apartment from which Madeleine went missing without leaving one fingerprint or biological trace, he queries. And how come the presumed point of entry – an open window into the bedroom where Madeleine lay sleeping with her siblings – only had prints, from the inside, of mother Kate?

None of Mr Amaral’s points are ‘new’. But his reappearance now, and the prospect of another book that has been years on the back burner, suggests new revelations could be on the way.

This is the same Jon Clarke who cast all manner of spurious doubts on Robert Murat, yes? And continued to do so well beyond Murat being cleared of arguido status? That Jon Clarke?

Yeah. No.

Nothing but a self-serving hack. Which makes HCW look equally desperate by giving him and his tabloid sensationalism time of day.

Why does HCW engage with these people? I mean really, why? How can he not be aware of how much they detract from the image of professionalism he and his team surely want to viewed?

In short, all HCW now represents is this seriously damaging narrative of 'we have evidence but we don't have enough and we may never have enough but we may get more or we may not get more but you have to trust us that we maybe might get more or maybe not and so that might be that but we still might so and then...' and on and then and on...

He's certainly providing CB with all the ammunition he needs for his cartoons.

No wonder CB's lawyers are happy to let HWC hog the limelight.

Agree. Self serving indeed.

So the whole 'article' in The Sun was an excerpt from
Jon Clarke's book which is being published this week -

©  Jon Clarke. Extracted from My Search For Madeleine by Jon Clarke, to be published by OP Books on Thursday,

But where is the problem, if the article does nothing more, than to describe some existing circumstances?

Does it make an acknowledgment like a judge has to do in a trial? Is that forbidden?

I do not understand the "problem". Of course, lot's of media attention causes lot's of assumptions, but that is legal as well....

And I also wonder whether LE has been able to check his phone records for that day.
With whom was the German driver phoning in English?

Okay, a few thoughts and questions here.

1. Could be wrong but don’t think the source of CB’s phone data has been disclosed? It’s either from the initial 70k/3 day mast records or from some other source i.e. they have the phone or the SIM card. It’s possible they have both, likely using the mast data to confirm the other source?

2. This is perhaps a stretch but what if the SIM stolen from the Ocean Club is CB’s 2007 number? That would mean he is involved in burglaries at the Ocean Club, he was there on the night MM went missing and if it’s a match to the Alcossebre sighting and statement, well ... if I’m HCW and that witness statement is very credible or, if there is a photo from this sighting of a little girl (perhaps a match but not a definite ID) then a lot of HCW’s cryptic comments start to make sense.

3. What worries me about 2 is, even if LE do have a phone/SIM, would there be data on it that would give Alcossebre as a location? I don’t think so. But, if the call log is still accessible, then perhaps at the time of the sighting, matched to the time of EXIF data in the photos there is a call to Germany and a call to the UK or somewhere else where English would be a common language, then again, strong evidence.

I hope he talks a bit about the Lisbon proceedings.

All that stuff was wildly under reported in English media, when you consider that there was considerable evidence as to the exact nature of the inquiry at the time.

As fas as CB goes, I am sceptical Amaral really knows anything about what evidence HCW has, or what approach he is taken, unless he has sources at PJ still?

I agree, and I'm absolutely not ruling anyone out (anyone, and Murat is far from alone here in terms of unexplained 'activity' in the run up to MM's 'abduction'), but it's the overly sensational and ego-driven nature of Clarke's journalism that I just have no time for.

As @JB1510 said above, there is decent journalistic content in The Olive Press, courtesy of those journalists who write for and contribute to it, so I'm not knocking the paper, just the editor.

I mean that excerpt was dire.

Attempting to make mountains out of molehills.

Abandoned building has alcohol bottles?

WOW!

I mean I hate to break it to the guy, but I can walk out my front door on saturday morning on to the gentrified square and find alcohol bottles from the middle class neighbourhood kids who were boozing out there last night.

But where is the problem, if the article does nothing more, than to describe some existing circumstances?

I don’t see the problem. The Sun journalists report in a manner appreciated by their readers. Not everyone’s cup of tea so don’t read it.

I’d be happier with fewer comments on journalistic quality more comments on the case but each to their own I guess.

Okay, a few thoughts and questions here.

1. Could be wrong but don’t think the source of CB’s phone data has been disclosed? It’s either from the initial 70k/3 day mast records or from some other source i.e. they have the phone or the SIM card. It’s possible they have both, likely using the mast data to confirm the other source?

2. This is perhaps a stretch but what if the SIM stolen from the Ocean Club is CB’s 2007 number? That would mean he is involved in burglaries at the Ocean Club, he was there on the night MM went missing and if it’s a match to the Alcossebre sighting and statement, well ... if I’m HCW and that witness statement is very credible or, if there is a photo from this sighting of a little girl (perhaps a match but not a definite ID) then a lot of HCW’s cryptic comments start to make sense.

3. What worries me about 2 is, even if LE do have a phone/SIM, would there be data on it that would give Alcossebre as a location? I don’t think so. But, if the call log is still accessible, then perhaps at the time of the sighting, matched to the time of EXIF data in the photos there is a call to Germany and a call to the UK or somewhere else where English would be a common language, then again, strong evidence.

Just an observation, the witness said she saw them leave tunels at 11am, from what I can see it only opens at 11am???

Just an observation, the witness said she saw them leave tunels at 11am, from what I can see it only opens at 11am???

Do you know they had the same opening hours May 28 2007 that they do today?

Attachments

• E25A6CE6-9D90-4381-A55F-56A0C3E17822.jpeg
    E25A6CE6-9D90-4381-A55F-56A0C3E17822.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
I don’t see the problem. The Sun journalists report in a manner appreciated by their readers. Not everyone’s cup of tea so don’t read it.

I’d be happier with fewer comments on journalistic quality more comments on the case but each to their own I guess.

It's more that it's hard to take seriously when it's so obviously designed to titillate, for want of a better term. The 'heart of darkness', the sinister building with dark spaces, the 'grave', the need to throw suspicion on the most benign of things - ie. empty booze bottles, a broken pair of sunglasses, etc, things that have zero relevance to anything but are being used by the author to create drama. It's unnecessary, it's padding, it's of no value in useful information terms.

Last edited:
It's more that it's hard to take seriously when it's so obviously designed to titillate, for want of a better term. The 'heart of darkness', the sinister building with dark spaces, the 'grave', the need to throw suspicion on the most benign of things - ie. empty booze bottles, a broken pair of sunglasses, etc, things that have zero relevance to anything but are being used by the author to create drama. It's unnecessary, it's padding, it's of no value in useful information terms.

Yep, padding and titillation. A book excerpt, so The Sun have just agreed to promote the book IMO.

I'd have thought as an editor he could have published his finding's regarding MM/CB in the Olive Press.

Wonder why he didn't ?

It must be because all the special info he got from HCW in the 'three hour GRILLING' he gave him! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yep, padding and titillation. A book excerpt, so The Sun have just agreed to promote the book IMO.

I'd have thought as an editor he could have published his finding's regarding MM/CB in the Olive Press.

Wonder why he didn't ?

It must be because all the special info he got from HCW in the 'three hour GRILLING' he gave him! :rolleyes:

He did -
MADDIE MCCANN: From Portugal to Spain and Germany, the search goes on - Olive Press News Spain

But again, so filled with 'me me me'!

HCW's taciturn approach is really very frustrating but, on balance, I'll take his 'less is more' approach any day of the week over those who're using this current investigation as a platform for their own need to be seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member