Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain how they are comparable?
The two cases illustrate the role of surveillance. James Bulger was abducted from under his mother's nose. Madeleine was abducted while fast asleep in her own bed and being watched on regularly by the McCanns or their friends, just as the children of other members of the holidaying group were.

Peter Voisey took his victim from the bath of a ground-floor flat, and while the whole family was in.

Levels of surveillance, no matter how strict, can never completely guarantee the safety of a child.

Based on what he has said, my guess is HCW's team have something approaching probable cause in US money - i.e sufficient to charge, but as HCW has said, 2 years on, they seem actually less confident of conviction that they did at the outset, hence no charging decision.

I think it says something about, ahem, askew priorities that as the prospect of the McCanns being directly blamed (at least by anyone who matters) for harm to Madeleine, or responsibility for her disappearance, recedes and as the prospect looms that something unspeakable and evil befell Madeleine at the hands of someone known and identified, the reflex response of perennial McCann-accusers, is to harp back to the whole 'neglect' canard.
Not everyone subscribes to the naive belief that a sleeping child needs no supervision.

The two cases illustrate the role of surveillance. James Bulger was abducted from under his mother's nose. Madeleine was abducted while fast asleep in her own bed and being watched on regularly by the McCanns or their friends, just as the children of other members of the holidaying group were.

Peter Voisey took his victim from the bath of a ground-floor flat, and while the whole family was in.

Levels of surveillance, no matter how strict, can never completely guarantee the safety of a child.

James Bulger was with his mum at their local shops during the day. His abductors took advantage of his mum’s lapse of concentration. This was unintentional on her part. I think most parents can understand how this happened and do not attribute blame to his mum.

It’s just my opinion but this is very different to the conscious decision the McCanns took to leave their kids in an unlocked apartment in unfamiliar surroundings at night while they had dinner 100m away.

Not nearly the same thing.

Well that's interesting/curious on a number of levels:

Firstly, this news seems to have been ignored by the MSM. (The only other refs I can find to this date from Sept 25th and are a local (to the McCanns') media source - Police budget for Madeleine McCann inquiry is cut by £50,000, and a version of the same thing on another tabloid, The Daily Record - Police probe into disappearance of Madeleine McCann cut by £50k)

That's odd since the potential closure of OG was widely reported on back in early 2022. You'd think this update would have generated the same coverage? Particularly as the links above point to news available 8 days ago...

Secondly, and more significantly, this revived £303K pledge must - logically - indicate a lack of faith in the BKA investigation since SY is presumably privy to the BKA's state of play with regard to CB.

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said.

Last edited:
James Bulger was with his mum at their local shops during the day. His abductors took advantage of his mum’s lapse of concentration. This was unintentional on her part. I think most parents can understand how this happened and do not attribute blame to his mum.

It’s just my opinion but this is very different to the conscious decision the McCanns took to leave their kids in an unlocked apartment in unfamiliar surroundings at night while they had dinner 100m away.

Not nearly the same thing.
There was nothing intentional on the part of Kate and Gerry or their friends about the abduction of Madeleine.

Only on the part of Brueckner.

Wolters has the same job as Chief Inspector Olegário Sousa did in the first investigation in Portugal. Maybe he's just passing on what he's been told?

Is he the lead prosecutor or one of a team, with him being their spokesperson? If the latter, surely his team would not want him putting not just himself but them in a cornered position?

My problem with HCW is that he seems to feel some obligation to continuously feed and indulge a predominantly tabloid media - a UK one, the absolute worst one - that he knows (and has spoken publicly about) live to sensationally twist and distort.

The BKA has an official outlet for its press releases. Why does it not just confine itself to that platform and save itself all the grief its spokesperson in the shape of HCW is generating?

Last edited:
Based on what he has said, my guess is HCW's team have something approaching probable cause in US money - i.e sufficient to charge, but as HCW has said, 2 years on, they seem actually less confident of conviction that they did at the outset, hence no charging decision.
They have to convince a judge first, don't they?
Is he the lead prosecutor or one of a team, with him being their spokesperson? If the latter, surely his team would not want him putting not just himself but them in a cornered position?

My problem with HCW is that he seems to feel some obligation to continuously feed and indulge a predominantly tabloid media - a UK one, the absolute worst one - that he knows (and has spoken publicly about) live to sensationally twist and distort.

The BKA has an official outlet for its press releases. Why does it not just confine itself to that platform and save itself all the grief its spokesperson in the shape of HCW is generating?
Wolters is the press spokesman for the Braunschweig prosecutor's office which is in charge of investigating Brueckner. The BKA is not responsible for what Wolters says.

It's way too quiet right now IMO!

No Wolters, no Fülscher, no Brueckner. Nothing!!!

Meanwhile, a big darkweb based trial in relation to peadophilia running in germany (Boystown).

Some kind of deal between all of them going on? Nobody is blaming prosecutors actually, as it has been made over the last two years? The alleged re-hearing appeal of the Diana M. trial as a kind of legal negotiaton quantity, that could be some kind of way to delay the HB case, according to the BKA assessment?

How interesting! What's going on? Has he started to "unpack" maybe? ;)
IMO the case files regarding the other 5 crimes will be very detailed & heavy. The BKA took their time & now the defence are taking theirs. Fulscher likes to go after technicalities, extraction rules & other administrative or paperwork process. But when it comes to hard evidence Fulscher comes up short. Tough client, elite LEA! Fulscher is slowing everything down & IMO it’s because he has little to work with to build a strong defence. He’s buying some time. Fulscher already knows the request to have the DM case reopened would fail, but he chose to do it anyway. I think 5 charges & possibly 1 or 2 unexpected (by us) charges will come very soon. HCW commented that he thought there were more victims of sexual crime before the victims even came forward (as a consequence of the appeal), therefore they must have something that indicates that CB comitted multiple sexual crimes. For that reason I think these linked cases may share some of the same types of evidence. E.G the evidence in the HB case could give us a clue about what they’d have in the MM cases. It’s taking a lot longer than any of us thought it would but I think when it this progresses we’ll all see why.

IMO the case files regarding the other 5 crimes will be very detailed & heavy. The BKA took their time & now the defence are taking theirs. Fulscher likes to go after technicalities, extraction rules & other administrative or paperwork process. But when it comes to hard evidence Fulscher comes up short. Tough client, elite LEA! Fulscher is slowing everything down & IMO it’s because he has little to work with to build a strong defence. He’s buying some time. Fulscher already knows the request to have the DM case reopened would fail, but he chose to do it anyway. I think 5 charges & possibly 1 or 2 unexpected (by us) charges will come very soon. HCW commented that he thought there were more victims of sexual crime before the victims even came forward (as a consequence of the appeal), therefore they must have something that indicates that CB comitted multiple sexual crimes. For that reason I think these linked cases may share some of the same types of evidence. E.G the evidence in the HB case could give us a clue about what they’d have in the MM cases. It’s taking a lot longer than any of us thought it would but I think when it this progresses we’ll all see why.
Very helpful post, Frank.

Thank you.

There was nothing intentional on the part of Kate and Gerry or their friends about the abduction of Madeleine.

Only on the part of Brueckner.
Hopefully we’ll find out if your opinions are correct sometime soon.

Right....but also not that right at all, maybe!

Building up a case based on evidence, whilst somebody ist trying to put that evidence in denial, could be some kind of strategy.....

It's kind of obvious that HCW leads a circumstancial evidedence case, like the Australians are heading up to, according to the Simone Strobel case e.g..

Circumstancial evidence is still evidence, but vulnerable by doubt. Sowing doubt, is a legit strategy to weaken the case!

If the case is based up upon circumstancial evidence upon a profilers assessment, just try to attack the assessment!

IMO Fülschers achievements to attack the DM rape sentence are nothing more than strategy. Legit, of course! And it wouldn't make any sense to face a charge, until some court rejected the appeal for the re-trial maybe?!

But also an foreseeable step as well.... ;)

We'll see!

Last edited:
Right....but maybe not that right at all, maybe!

Building up a case based on evidence, whilst somebody ist trying to put that evidence in denial, could be some kind of strategy.....

It's kind of obvious that HCW leads a circumstancial evidedence case, like the Australians are heading up to, according to the Simone Strobel case e.g..

Circumstancial evidence is still evidence, but vulnerable by doubt. Sowing doubt, is a legit strategy to weaken the case!

If the case is based up upon circumstancial evidence upon a profilers assessment, just try to attack the assessment!

IMO Fülschers achievements to attack the DM rape sentence are nothing more than strategy. Legit, of course! And it wouldn't make any sense to face a charge, until some court rejected the appeal for the re-trial maybe?!

We'll see!
FF knows how the judicial system is working. Not more, not less. And he is doing a good job so far, just to be honest.

He is nothing more than a useful tool, hired by somebody way more interesting to investigate IMO....;)

In what way can FF slow things down?

In reality the prosecutor can bring charges / arrest the suspect the moment he feels he has the evidence ....

I get that the defence has been confronted with evidence in the other cases but seems odd to claim FF has slowed things down.

Right....but also not that right at all, maybe!

We'll see!
Good point Superdad. IMO reopening the DM rape case is a stalling tactic to slow things down. I think that because Fulscher admitted it would likely fail, therefore the only benefit from doing it (IMO) is to slow things down. I think his criminal profile evidenced by whatever evidence they have in the HB case may be used as the evidence in the 2 other rape cases. HCW said that they thought CB had committed other sexual crimes in the area and he said this even before the victims came forward. I think they have circumstantial evidence that he comitted sexual crimes but possibly not directly tied to individuals, but admissions in the form of written accounts & witness testimony. I think they’ll soon arrest him for 5 cases & possibly 1 or 2 we didn’t expect. Maybe they need to wait for the appeal to reopen the DM case to fail. It’s certainly taken a lot longer than anticipated. IMO it’s taken so long because there are Multiple victims, from various counties, being investigated by the German police for crimes committed in Portugal. Then add a global pandemic

From what it was reported, FF obviously has the evidence file, it seems as if there will be no charges in ref to the HB rape case, FF argues that HCW or the BKA have said previously that the elderly American womans rape and the HB rape were committed by the same person, if CB is innocent of the HB rape, ergo he's innocent of the Americans woman's rape .
Appealing on the DM case can only come about if no charges are forthcoming in the HB case imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member