Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point Superdad. IMO reopening the DM rape case is a stalling tactic to slow things down. I think that because Fulscher admitted it would likely fail, therefore the only benefit from doing it (IMO) is to slow things down. I think his criminal profile evidenced by whatever evidence they have in the HB case may be used as the evidence in the 2 other rape cases. HCW said that they thought CB had committed other sexual crimes in the area and he said this even before the victims came forward. I think they have circumstantial evidence that he comitted sexual crimes but possibly not directly tied to individuals, but admissions in the form of written accounts & witness testimony. I think they’ll soon arrest him for 5 cases & possibly 1 or 2 we didn’t expect. Maybe they need to wait for the appeal to reopen the DM case to fail. It’s certainly taken a lot longer than anticipated. IMO it’s taken so long because there are Multiple victims, from various counties, being investigated by the German police for crimes committed in Portugal. Then add a global pandemic
I’m not sure but when HCW mentioned the additional rape cases wasn’t he implying the rapes HB and MS viewed on the video camera they found when they cleared out the farmhouse? I’m am fairly sure these assaults were included in their testimony in the DM case. One recording was of a young German woman and the other an older Italian woman.

I hope you’re right but I am pessimistic that we will see CB charged for any of these three rape cases we have heard about.

Last edited:
Good point Superdad. IMO reopening the DM rape case is a stalling tactic to slow things down. I think that because Fulscher admitted it would likely fail, therefore the only benefit from doing it (IMO) is to slow things down.

RSBM

In what way does it slow anything down?

As I understand it, we are in a similar phase to the UK pre-charge phase where CB is a suspect

A key phase of the preliminary investigation is where the accused will be questioned in respect of the prosecution's evidence with a 'please explain'

Obviously a suspect has the options in terms of what they say, or what evidence they produce.

The decision of whether to issue an indictment is up to the prosecution. A court will then determine if the case should proceed to trial or be dismissed.

it is difficult to see how FF can delay anything.

Of course, if the accused is able to produce good counter evidence, then it may be that the prosecution decides not to indict

They have to convince a judge first, don't they?

Wolters is the press spokesman for the Braunschweig prosecutor's office which is in charge of investigating Brueckner. The BKA is not responsible for what Wolters says.
Wolters is responsible to teh BKA for what he says on their behalf....im sure if he was speaking out of turn for the BKA office there would be more than a few protests from them. From that I think we can assume they have something quite significant that convinces them CB is 100% guily...thats quite a bold statement

Is he the lead prosecutor or one of a team, with him being their spokesperson? If the latter, surely his team would not want him putting not just himself but them in a cornered position?

My problem with HCW is that he seems to feel some obligation to continuously feed and indulge a predominantly tabloid media - a UK one, the absolute worst one - that he knows (and has spoken publicly about) live to sensationally twist and distort.

The BKA has an official outlet for its press releases. Why does it not just confine itself to that platform and save itself all the grief its spokesperson in the shape of HCW is generating?

We've discussed this before without any satisfactory resolution.

HCW is a prosecutor of the office with a reasonably high rank. He is also official spokesman. I don't know if this means he is only a spokesman or whether he also works on cases.

Like you, I am not sure why he briefs English tabloid media, or how that can be related to his investigation,

From what it was reported, FF obviously has the evidence file, it seems as if there will be no charges in ref to the HB rape case, FF argues that HCW or the BKA have said previously that the elderly American womans rape and the HB rape were committed by the same person, if CB is innocent of the HB rape, ergo he's innocent of the Americans woman's rape .
Appealing on the DM case can only come about if no charges are forthcoming in the HB case imo.
i think FFs is relying on some extremely flimsy evidence that has no chance of success. HB described a mark on the thigh that CB does not seem to have and as HCW links both cases as the american did not claim a mark then CB is not guilty His problem is taht HB said the ark could have been a rip in the tights...so FF has no case. i still think we will see charges against CB for the HB rape.

CB had aprediliction for deep throating...this may be what connects all 3 cases

i think FFs is relying on some extremely flimsy evidence that has no chance of success. HB described a mark on the thigh that CB does not seem to have and as HCW links both cases as the american did not claim a mark then CB is not guilty His problem is taht HB said the ark could have been a rip in the tights...so FF has no case. i still think we will see charges against CB for the HB rape.

Good point Dave. He also references that predilection when describing how he may have killed a little girl.

FF is not the prosecutor, HCW is the one that could be relying on the flimsy evidence .

Wolters is responsible to teh BKA for what he says on their behalf....im sure if he was speaking out of turn for the BKA office there would be more than a few protests from them. From that I think we can assume they have something quite significant that convinces them CB is 100% guily...thats quite a bold statement
I don't think the prosecutor's office is responsible to the BKA. Is that a verified fact or a guess?

Square the circle that is the conundrum that is OG, why more funding, either the victim is not Madeleine, the perp is not CB or the more likely no such image exists imo.

I don't think the prosecutor's office is responsible to the BKA. Is that a verified fact or a guess?
its a matter of logic. Wolters wont have collected ay evidence...that would be collected by the BKA. Wolters has a responsibility to report truthfully what the BA have shown him...it really is that simple

Cat burglar and violent offender, he seems to have the singular ability to slink in and slink out. I wonder if nylons were a regular part of his wardrobe on his tours of force, perhaps to limit DNA transfer.

JMO

its a matter of logic. Wolters wont have collected ay evidence...that would be collected by the BKA. Wolters has a responsibility to report truthfully what the BA have shown him...it really is that simple
My logic tells me that the prosecutor draws conclusions from the evidence and doesn't need to justify his or her conclusions to the BKA.

To think that all this money is being wasted looking for a little girl who vanished 15 whole years ago ....

To think that all this money is being wasted looking for a little girl who vanished 15 whole years ago ....

There is absolutely no comparison between the work of the ICLVR and the ongoing funding of OG by the British Gov into the disappearance of one child.

Last edited:
We've discussed this before without any satisfactory resolution.

HCW is a prosecutor of the office with a reasonably high rank. He is also official spokesman. I don't know if this means he is only a spokesman or whether he also works on cases.

Like you, I am not sure why he briefs English tabloid media, or how that can be related to his investigation,

It is peculiar. And particularly now that OG and its 'still a missing person' stance has been granted a further year's worth of funding.

I used to wonder if there were things going on behind the scenes that no one other than the BKA and OG are privy to ie. that they had some shared agenda that involved people other than the accused? Although there doesn't seem to be much love lost between the two investigating forces if this rather antagonistic quote (dated 25th Sept) from former Met detective, Peter Bleksley, has any credence -

“My concern is this is going to end up being one of the great unsolved crime mysteries. I don’t share Wolters’ optimism. I think he should put up or shut up. If you’ve got the evidence, stick him on the sheet, as we used to say.”

That's not remotely friendly fire.

So back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
My logic tells me that the prosecutor draws conclusions from the evidence and doesn't need to justify his or her conclusions to the BKA.
So you think he's making a statement re the BKA evidence... The BKA disagree with him and have not given any statement to say so.
So when Wolters says "We believe".... You think he is just speaking for himself and not the investigation.... And when he says " I" am not allowed to answer that question.. Does that not indicate he is being told what he can... And cannot say.

Who do you think is telling him what he can and cannot say... Who is he responsible to if not the BKA

The general discussion about the costs of OG is kind of disgusting IMO.

Well then, what's a little missing girls life worth? :mad:
What do you consider a search involves now, OG dug up parts of Luz with out success in 2014 , 3 locals were asked according to reports at the time did you kill Madeleine, the BKA according to them have the guy responsible for killing Madeleine, therefor he would know where her remains are, just what is it OG can do ? that the BKA can't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998