Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it would still be fraud though and come to that it would be wrong if Og were taking money if they 100% knew she was dead.
The MM fund is nothing to do with OG, their funding is separate and could well be to do with assisting the German investigation. In the event I described above, the intention of the parents could be to reimburse everyone or give it to charity when the evidence is allowed to come out - for all we know.

I'm not ruling out anything, just sayin that if the parents did know something, it makes sense to keep up appearances that they don't, in order to protect their privacy. That includes carrying on as normal with the fund and the rhetoric that there's still hope, whatever they may privately believe about CB's involvement.

Despite global headlines to the contrary yesterday, a date had not yet been set for a hearing of the five charges that were levelled at the convicted pedophile, 46, in October last year. The chief prosecutor in the case has told the Olive Press it is 'merely an issue of jurisdiction' and the trial will 'certainly' still go ahead. Hans Christian Wolters confirmed there was 'no reason to speculate' and 'nothing has changed' after Braunschweig Landgericht, or the city's lower court, provisionally passed the case over to the region of Magdeburg. "And in terms of the Maddie case, for now, nothing will change as a result of the decision and we are continuing to investigate it," he added. In particular, in the vicious rape of Irish woman, Hazel Behan, on the Algarve, in 2004, a new 'key witness' has recently come forward, the Olive Press can reveal. The technicality, which will merely slow down the prosecution 'between two and five months', came about after Brueckner's lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, insisted the Braunschweig court had no jurisdiction over the case, as his client's last address was near Magdeburg, 100km away. However, as Wolters explained, this was a deserted box factory, in the village of Neuwegersleben, that had no running water, electricity or sewage. Under German law you cannot be registered permanently at such an address and he will appeal the decision to Braunschweig's upper court next week. Failing that he will argue his case at Germany's BGH High Court, which he would be ‘confident of winning' as it has already made similar rulings on jurisdiction cases. He is certain the sex offender was living on and off in Braunschweig since 2013 and had various addresses, plus an official PO Box there. He has also been tried and convicted of the rape of a 70-year-old American pensioner, in Portugal, in 2005, at Braunschweig court, for which he is serving a seven-year prison sentence. "It is logical that he be tried for all sex crimes in Braunschweig then," explained a police source. "However, it doesn't matter where the case is tried, the evidence has been uncovered and compiled from the BKA police headquarters in Wiesbaden. “That evidence is stronger than ever and, if needs be, Braunschweig will send two of their prosecution team to Magdeburg to get the court there up to speed. “Brueckner will still face these heinous crimes for which there is lots of very strong evidence, particularly, in the case of Hazel Behan, a mother-of-two, now based near Dublin, told the Olive Press today she was initially 'horrified' the case would be dropped, but 'has faith' in the German police that the prosecution will continue. “When I was called yesterday saying the trial had been dropped and asking how I felt, I was horrified. It came out of the blue and I couldn't understand why neither my lawyer nor the police had notified me first. “I now understand from my solicitor in Germany this is just a way for Brueckner's team to slow down proceedings and it is merely a technicality. “Thankfully I am still looking forward to facing this evil man in court and seeing justice finally done," she added. "I hope this is sooner than later." The further crimes for which he was formally charged last year were the violent rape of a teenager and another older woman, in Praia da Luz, between 1999 and 2006 and the groping of a 10-year-old girl on a beach in 2007, plus exposing himself to four children in 2017 in a playground.

Thanks

This remains so bizarre that OP is getting such detailed on the record briefings that no local media has.

Anyway, I guess we have to wait for appeals now.

The MM fund is nothing to do with OG, their funding is separate and could well be to do with assisting the German investigation. In the event I described above, the intention of the parents could be to reimburse everyone or give it to charity when the evidence is allowed to come out - for all we know.

I'm not ruling out anything, just sayin that if the parents did know something, it makes sense to keep up appearances that they don't, in order to protect their privacy. That includes carrying on as normal with the fund and the rhetoric that there's still hope, whatever they may privately believe about CB's involvement.

I didnt say they were connected. I am aware they are not but likewise I am aware OG has just asked for more money to look for a missing child which would be wrong if they 100% know she is dead. Likewise it would be wrong to accept donations on the Mm site knowing she was dead ( if that was indeed the case). Logically all they would have to say is we are closing the fund at this time but have not done so.

I didnt say they were connected. I am aware they are not but likewise I am aware OG has just asked for more money to look for a missing child which would be wrong if they 100% know she is dead. Likewise it would be wrong to accept donations on the Mm site knowing she was dead ( if that was indeed the case). Logically all they would have to say is we are closing the fund at this time but have not done so.
A missing child can still be a murdered child. OG are not necessarily looking for a living person just because it's still officially a "missing person investigation". They are looking for the answers as to what happened to her, without committing to a specific theory of her fate. Nor do they need to.

I don't think you've understood my point about why the parents would keep the fund open in the event they may privately believe MM to be dead so best to leave it there.

A missing child can still be a murdered child. OG are not necessarily looking for a living person just because it's still officially a "missing person investigation". They are looking for the answers as to what happened to her, without committing to a specific theory of her fate. Nor do they need to.

I don't think you've understood my point about why the parents would keep the fund open in the event they may privately believe MM to be dead so best to leave it there.
and I dont think you understand mine and others that it would be illegal to take donations if they had definitive proof that she was dead and in any case the parents were pretty outspoken at reports they had been told she was dead by the BKA and OG confirmed they had not been told that at all so yes I agree its best to leave it there

Why were charges dropped?
They've not beed dropped as such. CB's defence have argued a different regional authority should have filed the charges based on the claim he was living elsewhere, not in Braunschweig. At the moment, the lower regional court has agreed with the defence, so now it's back on the Braunschweig prosecutors to either appeal that decision or hand the cases over to another authority to charge him.

I don't think the BKA make decisions about charging people, they respond to requests for investigative help. It wasn't the Federal prosecutor who was seeking to charge CB, it was the Braunschweig prosecutor/s. I assume they requested the help of the BKA because the cases became complicated, needing investigation in various areas in Germany and overseas.
Is that right? I thought that the BKA would have been involved early on given the international scope of the case. Did the BKA conduct the investigation into the box factory or are you saying that would have been done by local Braunschweig police? I could be wrong but I would have thought the investigation into CB would have been done by the BKA and then passed to HCW as the local prosecutor of his last know address - can you explain how you think the case would have unfolded?

Thanks

This remains so bizarre that OP is getting such detailed on the record briefings that no local media has.

Anyway, I guess we have to wait for appeals now.
I think it's been clear for a while now that JC has legit sources and good relationships with various victims and legal professionals in this investigation.

He also seems to know the right questions to address, which is perhaps why he's getting more detail than those far more respected and believable journos working for the Sun, Mirror and Daily Mail etc (lol).

I think it's been clear for a while now that JC has legit sources and good relationships with various victims and legal professionals in this investigation.

He also seems to know the right questions to address, which is perhaps why he's getting more detail than those far more respected and believable journos working for the Sun, Mirror and Daily Mail etc (lol).

Yes but HCW works for German taxpayers.

Why is he briefing a foreign journalist and not local media?

Odd that local journos don’t confirm these OP stories.

Is that right? I thought that the BKA would have been involved early on given the international scope of the case. Did the BKA conduct the investigation into the box factory or are you saying that would have been done by local Braunschweig police? I could be wrong but I would have thought the investigation into CB would have been done by the BKA and then passed to HCW as the local prosecutor of his last know address - can you explain how you think the case would have unfolded?
The BKA would have been called in by the Braunschweig prosecutors because of the international nature of the investigation. The fact that the investigations in Germany crossed state boundaries meant that Lower Saxony police couldn't investigate all the sites. I seem to remember Wolters telling someone that he didn't have the material found at the box factory as it was with the local police (although I can't find it just now). There are different layers and responsibilities in the German police, so I tend to refer to those in overall charge. That's the Braunschweig prosecutor's office. They are the ones who instigated and collated the evidence and made charging decisions.

The BKA would have been called in by the Braunschweig prosecutors because of the international nature of the investigation. The fact that the investigations in Germany crossed state boundaries meant that Lower Saxony police couldn't investigate all the sites. I seem to remember Wolters telling someone that he didn't have the material found at the box factory as it was with the local police (although I can't find it just now). There are different layers and responsibilities in the German police, so I tend to refer to those in overall charge. That's the Braunschweig prosecutor's office. They are the ones who instigated and collated the evidence and made charging decisions.
I wonder whether there might be differences between Braunschweig and Magdeburg/Saxony Anhalt because the latter is in the former GDR. BKA might trust Braunschweig more given the influence of Ru in GDR and Ru/Moldovan server involvement in these CP rings.

Yes but HCW works for German taxpayers.

Why is he briefing a foreign journalist and not local media?

Odd that local journos don’t confirm these OP stories.
I'm sure someone will come up with a fathomable reason why HCW talks to a English speaking paper for expats in Spain about the minutiae of the German legal system in regards to a suspect about where he resides and is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of a British girl in Portugal.

I'm sure someone will come up with a fathomable reason why HCW talks to a English speaking paper for expats in Spain about the minutiae of the German legal system in regards to a suspect about where he resides and is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of a British girl in Portugal.
I'm sure they will, but I will remain strictly sceptical.

depending on whether they really do have the evidence to prove their case of course. Considering it apparently wasnt even set up in the right juridsiction doesnt fill me with confidence.
One wonders whether the strategy of putting information out there and then waiting until the required evidence comes in will end up being the only approach that could lead to ultimately a conviction. IMO one annoying byproduct of their approach is that it paved the way for rumours, the press creating a dramatic changing narrative and rife speculation. From the prosecutions perspective it could all be quite simple. Prosecute the 5 cases, get some convictions and use those convictions to further strengthen their argument in the MM case. I think they’ll wait until after all appeals for the other offences have failed. IMO FF won’t be able to do much to challenge the strength of the evidence, so we’ll be seeing more of these technicality type arguments & requests. It’s going to be a slow process but they’ll get there in the end - just MO

One wonders whether the strategy of putting information out there and then waiting until the required evidence comes in will end up being the only approach that could lead to ultimately a conviction. IMO one annoying byproduct of their approach is that it paved the way for rumours, the press creating a dramatic changing narrative and rife speculation.
.But thats a bit like putting the horse before the cart, they've got a suspect now line up the crime, its not even certain what the crime is yet. Lets not forget it wasn't an investigation that led to CB, but it must be acknowledged because of the investigation into CB then the other crimes came to light.

New thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member