Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but it’s the points around formal, jacket and blazer that make the sighting consistent with CB. The hair is also consistent, given the Malaga footage, but not as noteworthy as the jacket.

I do think that a suit jacket is an unusual item of clothing to be worn at 10:00pm on a Thursday night in a tourist town in the Algarve. This doesn’t mean Smithman was CB but it certainly increases the chances it could’ve been.
Regardless of Smithman's attire, the child seen being carried was, according to the Smiths, wearing a long sleeved top and ankle length trousers so she wasn't Madeleine. Madeleine was reportedly wearing short-sleeved pyjamas which had cropped trousers when she disappeared.

Regardless of Smithman's attire, the child seen being carried was, according to the Smiths, wearing a long sleeved top and ankle length trousers so she wasn't Madeleine. Madeleine was reportedly wearing short-sleeved pyjamas which had cropped trousers when she disappeared.
The statement of AS does mention a long sleeved top..although regarding the top AS also says ..”She did not see it well because the individual had his arms around the child. She is not sure if the child's top was the same colour as her trousers, saying only that it was very light.”

Also the statements from MS and PS are vague about the pyjamas ..

MS … “ She was wearing light-coloured pyjamas. He cannot state with certainty the colour. “

PS … “does not remember her clothing very well but thinks it was lightweight summer clothing, light in colour “

I’m curious why no statements seem to appear from MS wife M*** , and PS wife S***.

Last edited:
Search did not produce another thread for Julia Faustyna and her claim to be this child.

On Dr. Phil this Monday, although the article indicates some confusion about the date:

I agree but it’s the points around formal, jacket and blazer that make the sighting consistent with CB. The hair is also consistent, given the Malaga footage, but not as noteworthy as the jacket.

I do think that a suit jacket is an unusual item of clothing to be worn at 10:00pm on a Thursday night in a tourist town in the Algarve. This doesn’t mean Smithman was CB but it certainly increases the chances it could’ve been.
A curious thing also is that these descriptions of Smithman match fairly closely to Tannerman …J.Totman ? Dark jacket , beige trousers , thicker hair at top than back …
Could be coincidence of course .. or was J.Tot still randomly walking around with his child in obscure directions at @10pm where the Smiths had their sighting ?
MS said the man he saw looked a bit like GM , and J.Tot could be said to look a bit like GM . Although I feel if J.Tot felt he could also have been Smithman , then he would most probably have said this to police .

1679785560727.jpeg

Last edited:

'Where possible, only driving during the day so that my battered 'hippy bus' didn't attract attention, only driving on the roads I needed to and, most importantly never provoking the police."

Driving during the day...he had this notion and caution and maybe he avoided that that night. Walking to the van (Smithman?), "slipping" into the crowd and not alone where he could be most strangely noticed?!
And not driving at night.

Last edited:
It’s also curious that no one has ever come forward claiming they were or could’ve been Smithman. The case certainly has a high profile… within days a town of 3,000 people was hosting the world’s media and lots of police. Yet a person carrying a child on the night MM went missing has never come forward.

At least with Tannerman, JT thinks it was him and has come forward.

I agree but it’s the points around formal, jacket and blazer that make the sighting consistent with CB.

No member of the S family said the top worn by the man with the child was a formal jacket. MS said in his second statement it was a darkish top, maybe a jacket or a blazer, not precising what kind of jacket it was. TA, MS's grandson described the man as dressed in a long-sleeved coat/jacket, black in colour. Again, no word about the kind of jacket.

In MS later statement he says …

“He had a full head of hair with a tight cut.”

And from AS , as you have also quoted , “short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top”…. which matches images of CB .

And you’re quite right again with , “it matches half of the male population in whole Europe” ..it could also match CB .

It certainly does not exclude CB, but again, it's too vague to be an evidence against anyone.

Dr Totman was wearing a similar jacket, apparently, so perhaps it wasn't so unusual.

Tannerman followed by Smithman, which one bears a resemblance of CB ? neither do IMO.

Aes9hZX.jpg

Nenj5Bq.jpg

It’s also curious that no one has ever come forward claiming they were or could’ve been Smithman. The case certainly has a high profile… within days a town of 3,000 people was hosting the world’s media and lots of police. Yet a person carrying a child on the night MM went missing has never come forward.
What is curious about that, is in 2017 when Rowley gave an update no mention was made and Brunt never asked.

What is curious about that, is in 2017 when Rowley gave an update no mention was made and Brunt never asked.
Well, as an example, the Smiths were notified by family 4 May and ultimately gave their statements a few weeks later. This seems normal to me.

IMO, an innocent person carrying a four-year-old girl through the streets of PDL the night MM went missing would have come forward to eliminate themself.

When was the Smithman efit done? I think Sept 2008 but I’m not certain? I think the statements are more reliable.
Yet OG saw fit to release and base an appeal around them. Also to discount them and also the 9-15 sighting allows for no descriptive sighting's of strangers carrying children around .

Yet OG saw fit to release and base an appeal around them. Also to discount them and also the 9-15 sighting allows for no descriptive sighting's of strangers carrying children around .
I think much later too, wasn’t it 2013?

I can’t find it now… perhaps reporting taking blazer to mean formal.

I was sure I had read formal in the statements before.
Maybe you interpreted it from this article perhaps , sometime in the past , rather than from a statement ?

“The man carrying the girl was middle-aged and more formally dressed than the average tourist, in beige trousers and a dark blazer-like top.”

It does have the word “ formally” as more of a general description , and “dark blazer-like top” does match with CB’s attire .

Although MS statement does hint in this direction , saying ..

“Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member