Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to admit the only sinister thing that comes out of this article is the fact that CB cleansed himself and his clothes in the reservoir that brings water to some cities. hopefully it is only used to irrigate agricultural land in the region :)

He's being punished for the crime he's serving the current sentence for of course but nobody deserves three years of accusation without charge. Even the defendants at the ICTY weren't treated like this.
There is a rehabilitation element inbuilt in a prisoner's incarceration.
CB was denied parole.

He became eligible for parole after serving half of his sentence, with time spent on remand taken into account.

But the panel were thought to judge him at high risk of reoffending.

They concluded his “social prognosis” meant he had to stay behind bars in the northern German city of Kiel.

"I'm almost sure that some other persons in my situation would have capitulated long time ago". I reckon he's right about that. I'm sure I'd not survive three years of being accused of child murder.
He is serving time for child abuse and violent rape. At one time he was accused of these crimes, was charged, was tried and was found guilty.

That same legal process will be applied when the jurisdiction question is resolved and the five serious crimes for which he stands indicted can proceed.

This man is in the system by dint of his own actions. The only protection against such lawbreakers is the legal system in force.

Why would you wish to weaken it when its strength allows him to use its procedures to in effect deny victims their day in court - because he certainly doesn't want to be there and I know of at least one who does and has said so.

You miss the point, or choose to ignore it.
When does he need an alibi for ?
I am not missing the point. nobody asked him for an alibi for any time. he himself decided to give one which was a week off from when MM disappeared.

I was just giving my impression of his commentary and drawings, others will of course have a different view. CB has made numerous comments that indicate he is getting a kick out of the notoriety though. He talked about "sitting back and relaxing" to wait for the charges and that "all his dreams" were coming true with this media storm, as well as many other goady and cryptic comments. I don't think we can just assume he must be in despair because of the seriousness of the charge, he may be absolutely loving all the fame and attention for all we know. The isolation aspect... not so much I expect. But then being a convicted rapist and child sex offender, his treatment and liberties in prison would have been restricted to a large degree anyway. JMO.

^ That's true but it can be true from both a guilty and innocent perspective.

If innocent of the MM charges, his words can equally be read as him, 3 years in, angry, frustrated, contemptuous, revelling in the knowledge that the BKA is on a hiding to nothing in terms of ever bringing a successful charge against him and, as he probably sees it, making unholy asses out of themselves to boot, and on an international stage. If innocent, that would very likely give him pleasure/comfort.

In fact, his goading speaks a bit more to innocence than guilt imo.

Since we have no idea if he's guilty or not, both takes - yours and mine - are equally valid positions to hold.

Last edited:
Where did CB get his education to be so versed in English that enables sometimes mere mortals to offer opinions of what his supposed writings and drawings expose, him being being an itinerant .
He was educated in Germany until his teens then he enrolled in the university of life and no-one has ever claimed for him that he was unintelligent. The opposite I would think.

Fair enough, I just thought you were cherry picking a bit from the letter. But you're entitled to read the text whichever way you wish of course. I still think psychologists would tell us the likely effect of being accused of child murder though, especially in the way this case has been conducted by the prosecutors. (jmo though of course)
Allegedly he is writing a book. I foresee there will be many books written about him including many by psychologists et al. My opinion

Because by the rules of this fortune telling gsme, you have binary outcomes? So not guilty must have guilty. Maybe he chose the daisy-plucking device because he sees his fate as up to chance.

And now I promise to step away from the Daisy lol

^ That's exactly how I read it: rather than justice prevailing, he sees his fate as at the casual mercy of the number of petals on a daisy.

I haven’t read all this latest letter - does he protest his innocence re: the rape case at all?

For Madeleine ?
Quite obviously the international police investigation is still actively collecting information and evidence in the MM case.

Why would they wish to curtail that process particularly as there are five separate cases to be brought to trial first.

As long as those five cases remain outstanding my opinion is demands to add another to the list are redundant.

^ That's true but it can be true from both a guilty and innocent perspective.

If innocent of the MM charges, his words can equally be read as him, 3 years in, angry, frustrated, contemptuous, revelling in the knowledge that the BKA is on a hiding to nothing in terms of ever bringing a successful charge against him and, as he probably sees it, making unholy asses out of themselves to boot, and on an international stage. If innocent, that would very likely give him pleasure/comfort.

In fact, his goading speaks a bit more to innocence than guilt imo.

Since we have no idea if he's guilty or not, both takes - yours and mine - are equally valid positions to hold.
Fair point but just to clarify, I didn't offer an opposing "take" on it. Your argument of how his goading could be a sign of innocence is valid, but I didn't actually argue it was a sign of guilt.

I was just commenting on how he (IMO) appears to be enjoying the noteriety and treating this as a bit of game, regardless of whether he's guilty or not. Either way, I think he's a bit of narcissist. JMO.

Fair point but just to clarify, I didn't offer an opposing "take" on it. Your argument of how his goading could be a sign of innocence is valid, but I didn't actually argue it was a sign of guilt.

I was just commenting on how he (IMO) appears to be enjoying the noteriety and treating this as a bit of game, regardless of whether he's guilty or not. Either way, I think he's a bit of narcissist. JMO.
a bit of a narcissist is imo an understatement! I agree he is definitely enjoying the notoriety, and I trust the psychologists / evaluators that did not grant him parole. regardless of whether he is responsible for MM's demise, he is a danger to society.

Amazing that a ‘secret lair’ is just a camping place. You have to marvel at the amount of nonsense the sun talks.
Ah, but did you see Nick Pisa's latest take on the same story in the Mail though?

He adds that:

"which Brueckner sinisterly used to call his 'little paradise'."

See. CB said it "all sinisterly" apparently. Nick Pisa said so... so it must be true!!!;)

Also, in this version of the story the "shrine" was on the end rock, not the middle one. And the German mother-of-two is now apparently a German mother-of-three. So I guess she must have given birth over the weekend. Congrats to her!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member