Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often when police receive tips, sometimes the same name will crop up, that kind of validates the information they receive. I suspect the police has a good idea of who the other number belonged to now. It's probably just a matter of time before they wrap up the phone evidence.

I do hope so.

is that registration from a recent photo of the jag? M = Munich, which would fit with previous information.
It's what was written on the police record dated 08/01/04 when he was prosecuted for having German plates on the car while he was a Potugese resident so it was what was on the car back then.

It's shown at 12 minutes on that video. He had tried to claim he was just a holidaymaker and therefore could drive with German plates on it.

BBM. out of interest, what leads you to conclude this?
The fact that the van is not standing in a boarding queue. It is parked at the side of the road or whatever spot it is with that rusty scrap thing / fallen fence on the ground behind it.

To place the car so very near to that scrap, you must maneuver quite a bit and finally drive backward instead of forward.

The car behind the van is blocked by the scrap.

Vehicals waiting in a queue to board a ferry, have no scrap between them and are supposed to be able to drive forward.

This is my interpretation.

It's what was written on the police record dated 08/01/04 when he was prosecuted for having German plates on the car while he was a Potugese resident so it was what was on the car back then.

It's shown at 12 minutes on that video. He had tried to claim he was just a holidaymaker and therefore could drive with German plates on it.
ty. so that tells us he had the jag for a while before 2004, i doubt though that his first car (1999 drive to portugal) was the jag.
jag dates:
2004 munich plates.
2007 transferred to AB [augsburg district plates]
sometime later transferred again to someone in munich [new munich plates].

allegro:
2007 has augsburg plates
and was presumably never in Portugal long enough - on any one trip - to be deemed 'resident' in portugal.

i was just catching up on this doc - i think @MENDEL uploaded it a few pages back, there are pictures of the 72 year old rape victim on it :eek: face pics and other pictures of her beaten body. her arms all bruised etc. i'm shocked they've showed that, its the first time i've seen a picture of her anywhere.

https://cdn-ondemand.rtp.pt/nas2.share/informacao/2020/wMaddieTJ_2606ww_288584.mp4

skip to 7.45

The fact that they've shown her face and injuries made me think that perhaps she is no longer alive, and therefore, perhaps consent from her was not needed? But what reason is there for showing these things aside shock value?

ty. so that tells us he had the jag for a while before 2004, i doubt though that his first car (1999 drive to portugal) was the jag.
jag dates:
2004 munich plates.
2007 transferred to AB [augsburg district plates]
sometime later transferred again to someone in munich [new munich plates].

allegro:
2007 has augsburg plates
and was presumably never in Portugal long enough - on any one trip - to be deemed 'resident' in portugal.
Do you have to actually change the plates within Germany though if just selling/registering the car to someone in a different district? I would have thought the same plates can remain on it regardless of where the person lives in Germany?

Yes, I noticed you removed it. Well done.

It’s actually illegal to name a victim of sexual assault without permission in some countries. I’m not sure if that’s true in Portugal or the UK? I hope the British tabloids don’t repeat it. :(
It's illegal in the UK to name victims. Not sure about Portugal but I'm going off it more and more each day

The fact that they've shown her face and injuries made me think that perhaps she is no longer alive, and therefore, perhaps consent from her was not needed? But what reason is there for showing these things aside shock value?
I’m sure I read she’s still alive, well she was in December 2019 when the trial took place because German prosecutors had to go visit her in America as she couldn’t travel to Germany. I will try and find the link. But I’ve read sooooo many articles I don’t know where I read it..

Do you have to actually change the plates within Germany though if just selling/registering the car to someone in a different district? I would have thought the same plates can remain on it regardless of where the person lives in Germany?

No! In Germany, there is no "Lifetime-Plate" for cars!

E.G. you move from Hannover to Berlin, you have to re-register your car in Berlin. You get new plates and the "H" for Hannover on the plate will chance to "B" for Berlin.

Even if you sell your car in Berlin to another person from berlin, the plate will change. It keeps the "B" but the new owner will also get some other letters and numbers on the new plates, following the "B".

Last edited:
Quite a lot of information to be seen and heard in that documentary, wish I could speak and read Portuguese.

Few things I did pick up (via Google translate) that might come in handy with the timeline -

15/01/04 - Disobedience crime (for not putting the Jag on Portuguese plates)

08/04/06 - sent to prison for Diesel theft.

Jaguar registration plate - M GE 2034

08/01/04 - place of work stated as "Taberna de Lagos" as a barman.

ETA: Jag plate appears to be a Munich registration

Taberna de Lagos is where CB met his British girlfriend, the one he later stalked. They both worked there — it seems like they met in late 2003 and finally broke up in 2005, before the rape in PdL.

Madeleine McCann suspect's Brit ex claims 'I found beast waiting under my bed'

edit. They should re-interview her and see if she recalls anything that relates to HB’s attack when Euro 2004 was on.

No! In Germany, there is no "Lifetime-Plate" for cars!

E.G. you move from Hannover to Berlin, you have to re-register your car in Berlin. You get new plates and the "H" for Hannover on the plate will chance to "B" for Berlin.

Even if you sell your car in Berlin to another person from berlin, the plate will change. It keeps the "B" but the new owner will also get some other letters and numbers on the new plates, following the "B".
Thanks for clarifying.

Also at 12mins in the video, under his personal details it also says:

emitida por alemania em 14/11/2001

I'm not sure if this relates to him or the car but I think it's him as the vehicle details section is further down the page.

Emitida can mean issued or emitted/sent from what I understand. I think this may be the date he left Germany following his first extradition and subsequent detention in Germany to serve out the balance of his youth sentence.

Or if it's about the car, could be the date it was issued to CB? Think its the former though.

"If you move to a different registration area, you must transfer your vehicle registration as soon as possible (change the address in the vehicle papers) and apply for a new vehicle registration number. The same applies to any business relocation. Since 1 January 2015, you have the option to keep your vehicle registration number if you so wish irrespective of where you are located in Germany."
Applying for change of vehicle registration - Serviceportal Baden-Württemberg
Vehicle registration plates of Germany - Wikipedia

I'm actually answering to your post #955 on the last page of thread #8 (closed);
The VW appears to be parked about 1km away from the ferry terminal.

So it was not parked to board a ferry (as I pointed out earlier).
There is an interesting post about the large extent of the ferry-associated areas and how they have been relocated, by sleuth-d- on thread #7 page 45. Sorry can't do a link on this device. My understanding is evolving day by day.

I have a question about CBs life in Neuwegersleben.
Am a little confused by it..
-Did he or didn’t he bought the old factory?
In the mirror it says: “ He had told neighbours he had bought the land from the factory owners.
-He lived in a caravan and the derelict farmhouse on the site”
-had as many as 14 cars on the site as well as the caravan, parked next to abandoned, ruined buildings.

Also :-Brueckner has 19 entries in the German criminal register.
His convictions include “driving without a licence, bodily injury, grand theft and drunken at the wheel”, “abusing a child”, “performing sexual acts in front of a child” and “dealing in narcotics in no small quantity”.

His last conviction was in December in Braunschweig for raping the 72-year-old woman in 2005.

Don’t know if this is mentioned in TL,but just in case:
”In Braunschweig, we found both his apartment and the bar which he had managed in a quiet suburb.”

Maybe a map would come in handy?
Germany and Portugal,places where he lived,worked,got arrested,visted..?

New Madeleine McCann suspect 'wanted to take freezer home from bar job'

There were two people in there repairing shutter and to explain how the washing machine worked,the shutters that made a lot of noise,wonder if it was tampered with so that they were easier and quieter to open,also keys went missing

Madeleine – Tiago da Silva
The repair was of the shutter of the parents' bedroom. Not the child bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88