Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really isn't, if they found evidence or photos of such. They found childrens clothes, perhaps he had all their clothing items as a trophy and they were able to match to what the children were last wearing.

Sounds like we might have a serial killer here.

True. They definitely seem to have cause to investigate the box warehouse re: Inga. That’s where they found the child *advertiser censored*.

Yet the media are acting like he was around the corner. It’s just baffling as 50 miles is a fair old distance. The media attention is totally disproportionate to what we know.[/QU
No LOL Im just relaying what many articles here have said.
Either way, he did have a vehicle at that point too from what I've read.

For those asking about the Dark Web, take the time this weekend to listen to the PodCast Hunting Warhead;

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcastnews/listen-hunting-warhead-1.5346693

It will show you how deep and dark the dark web is and how hard it is to actually catch these people, usually a mistake is made...and thats how they are discovered. It is a story of a Canadian man who operated a child abuse material website, and also offended in real life.

Another good Podcast is Casefile - Episode Operation Cathedral. Same thing, different child abuse material ring.

Case 115: Operation Cathedral - Casefile: True Crime Podcast

There are probably hundreds, of these sites that LE is looking into. Sometimes it takes years to gain trust and get into them.

Also, they note in the Podcast that it should be called Child Abuse Material and not child *advertiser censored*, as it really isnt *advertiser censored*, its abuse. I think WebSleuth should grab onto this.

True. Would any of this have come to light if he didn’t get pissed and loose-lipped? Hubris is a .

The media was saying it was a 25 minute walk? Thats pretty close.

You are talking about it being a 25 minute walk from CB's Portuguese farmhouse to Madeleine's resort, which is correct

You think somebody can walk 48 miles in 25 minutes? :eek:

And you are talking about where CB lived in Germany in relation to Inga, which is also correct

For those asking about the Dark Web, take the time this weekend to listen to the PodCast Hunting Warhead;

It will show you how deep and dark the dark web is and how hard it is to actually catch these people, usually a mistake is made...and thats how they are discovered. It is a story of a Canadian man who operated a child abuse material website, and also offended in real life.

Another good Podcast is Casefile - Episode Operation Cathedral. Same thing, different child abuse material ring.

There are probably hundreds, of these sites that LE is looking into. Sometimes it takes years to gain trust and get into them.

Also, they note in the Podcast that it should be called Child Abuse Material and not child *advertiser censored*, as it really isnt *advertiser censored*, its abuse. I think WebSleuth should grab onto this.

I can't listen now cos my little ones are still up!, but is the first one,the Canadian,the guy who ran a chat group and abused a 6 yr old boy on livestream,also receiving instructions from participants?

I like the idea, but I'd get more specific: child abuse media. When I first read "child abuse material" my initial thought was some sort of diabolical equipment. IMO

So now the alleged killer has been linked to 2 separate German disappearances, one Belgian, one Portuguese and MM herself

Seems a bit far fetched
Not really far fetched at all. He is a known predator. He moves about. Coincidentally, he has been in the vicinity of, at the time of, little children who seemingly vanished into thin air. It is easy to see a pattern emerging here. Police do not work to pin such crimes on innocent people.. if that were the case, the poor McCanns would be 10yrs into a life sentence! In cases such as this one, a list of suspects could range from 2, to 100, to 500 people being looked into, By process of elimination, the names are crossed off until just 1 person remains. And I'm sure, at 1 point, the list of suspects with regards to Madeleine, topped 600 people. So for this man to have his identity revealed globally, regardless of wether his guilt can be proven or not, LE in 2 countries certainly believe that what they have is adequate enough for CB to be named not as a Person of Interest but as The Main Suspect in Madeleine McCann disappearance. As well as his name being linked with 2 other missing children, is a major development. Especially when you consider how very botched MM investigation was from day 1 with LE refusing to look at any persons other than her parents, then you realise how little Inga did not disappear until some years later?! These cases need to be solved and questions need to be asked and answers need to be stated! You know, the lead investigator from 2007, still, to this day, believes that Gerry and Kate McCann are the only suspects involved. Perpetrators of their own nightmare! And in 13yrs, he refuses to look at it from another angle! His incompetence cost him everything.. let's hope it did not also cost the life of little Inga. X

Some clearer answers here from The Telegraph. Reputable paper. Behind a paywall so I’ll copy and paste.

On May 4 2007, the night after Madeleine vanished, Brückner re-registered the Jaguar saloon in the name of an acquaintance who lived in Augsburg even though the vehicle remained in Portugal. Police believe that is suspicious because it suggests Brückner was trying to cover his tracks over the ownership and whereabouts of the vehicle. Mr Bischof said that Brückner eventually gave the car to an acquaintance in Munich.

Also potentially pertinent from The Telegraph...

Acquaintances from Portugal described a man full of bravado who boasted that he climbed up the facades of houses to rob them and had crawled into the rooms while "someone was sleeping inside"

I would hope that agencies like Interpol, FBI, and other task forces working to track down pedophiles and pedophile rings are in the best position (legally, technologically and psychologically) to glean what they can from the "dark web" and "darker" webs that are smaller but more targeted to pedophiles and their interests. IMO
Who knows, maybe pics have turned up and they are trying to identify the time, place, child and perp?
Ws thread..
Europol, Stop Child Abuse – Trace an Object - help ID victims.

I'm seeing talk of a holdall, did Gerry M not have a sports bag/holdall that was missing?, just wondering aloud if CM is the guy that maybe he used that to remove MM?, maybe initially going to use it to remove stolen items?.

As I understand, his lawyers are currently appealing the means through which he was extradited to Germany over the rape case. The risk is that if he's both released on parole *and* wins his extradition case he would have to be released
I'm sure another strategy would then be immediately implemented, for example, just off the top of my head, the decision would be appealed to a higher court by the government, or he would be re-arrested and receive a new trial, or Portugal might file an arrest warrant and extradition. IMO there are plenty of strategies available to keep someone in jail, especially when they have been convicted of a significant crime and are a huge flight risk.

S**T!!!!!!!!!!

I just am astounded about the fact that so many of us including me had it in their minds that, to put it vaguely, a couple were the ones who committed this crime. I am a fair minded person but I feel quite sheepish now about the whole thing. SO many clues led me to coming to that conclusion, but now this new suspect seems very viable. I am glad WS deleted the previous thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni