Madeleine's eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....that's some media campaign then.
Sure is but why are they not stressing ALL her charachteristics if they are sincerely looking for her. Yes she will grow but not in a few weeks & this has never been mentioned also if she has a growth defect then she may never grow to the normal size for age, a very important factor IMO!

Sure is but why are they not stressing ALL her charachteristics if they are sincerely looking for her. Yes she will grow but not in a few weeks & this has never been mentioned also if she has a growth defect then she may never grow to the normal size for age, a very important factor IMO!

It's been almost 5 months. I think her height has definitely changed, but not her eye.

Some comment has been posted about the photos of Madeleine circulated by her parents & the fund, as not being recent. Like these people, I saw a lot of change in her over time, from infant face to little girl. In order to find her, the pictures need to be of her as she is in May, 2007. I don't at all understand using those pix that are a year or a year and a half old. As part of her story, on t.v., yes but not as posters. On the other hand, some have suggested age progression pictures and that does not seem like a good idea. May is not that long ago and the progressions could be off the mark.

It's been almost 5 months. I think her height has definitely changed, but not her eye.
If she has a growth defect then she will not have caught up to her proper size even in 5 months!

This is weird...I was looking at some pictures of Madeleine, and found something rather odd in one of her pics. I hope you don't mind Colomom, but I will use pics from your photobucket as references.

Pull up each of these pictures of Madeleine and enlarge them both to 400% put them side by side and check out Maddies Coloboma. The photo of her in the blue shirt is CLEARLY altered...her iris is not even round, it's kind of egg shaped. Why do you suppose this was done?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/colomom/14607_1-1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/colomom/5441p27.jpg

I did as you said and I just don't "see" it. I did see what you thought was an oval shape in the pupil:

MaddieEye.jpg

But it might just be an anomaly. What did you think it meant? Like, maybe somebody added a coloboma? I also noticed that the color of the eye is exactly the same in both pictures.

I did as you said and I just don't "see" it. I did see what you thought was an oval shape in the pupil:

MaddieEye.jpg

But it might just be an anomaly. What did you think it meant? Like, maybe somebody added a coloboma? I also noticed that the color of the eye is exactly the same in both pictures.

The Coloboma in the picture with the blue shirts looks much larger. The iris of her eye does not appear "round", but more egg shaped. It looks like they wanted it to look more noticeable, and photoshopped it using the "putty" technique. Doesn't mean anything really, just odd that at least 2 pics have been altered in some way.

Hi
Not been here in ages but with madeleine being back in the news I thought id hunt the forum down and come see if anythings changed .
The one thing im particularly interested in is her coloboma . I have iris coloboma and it is quite rare. Actual coloboma can occur in different parts of the eye internally so only a percentage of people who have a coloboma will have one that is externally visible and then fewer still will have it in the same eye and then fewer still would be the same age as madeleine . Surely if she is alive and in circulation her coloboma would be seen by her teachers and doctors . Is or has publicity been directed toward these people ? I mean you would think that here in the uk everyone would be aware but what about abroad , in other countries I guess many more children go missing but I expect only a minority have a defect that is as visible forever .

Its one thing that sets her apart from other girls the same age , few people who dont themselves or have kids with visual problems are likely to know more than 1 person with an iris coloboma .

I used to hope that she had been stolen for adoption and that shes living somewhere blissfully un aware of her history . But how likely is it that a parent wouldn't realise the child they had bought was stolen ?

Has the forum come to any kind of conclusion as to why she was taken and what has happened to her ? Is there any evidence pointing in one direction or is still a case thats wide open with no real evidence pointing distinctly at one scenario being any more likely than another ?

I am sorry to say that my opinion is that, if Maddie truly has a coloboma and not just a bi-colored iris, she is not likely to still be with us, if she was stolen by pedophiles-she would be too easily identifiable.

I am sorry to say that my opinion is that, if Maddie truly has a coloboma and not just a bi-colored iris, she is not likely to still be with us, if she was stolen by pedophiles-she would be too easily identifiable.

I agree. If she was abducted alive, I'm afraid the minute that information was released she was probably killed.

If the eye with the coloboma is very small (microphthalmia), other follow-ups may be needed. Conformers and expanders may be used to help support the face and encourage the eye socket to grow. Children may also be fitted for a prosthetic (artificial) eye to improve appearance. As the face develops, new conformers will need to be made.

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/coloboma/coloboma.asp#15

Colored contact lenses that make the black part of the eye (pupil) round.
Surgery to make the pupil rounder. This procedure pulls and sutures together the lower edges of the iris.

Treating any complications that might arise from a retinal coloboma later in life, such as the growth of new blood vessels at the back of the eye (neovascularization) and/or retinal detachment.

I agree that IF she was abducted (which I don't think she was) then the intense focus on her eye, and it was intense in the UK media, would have sealed her death.

If the eye with the coloboma is very small (microphthalmia), other follow-ups may be needed. Conformers and expanders may be used to help support the face and encourage the eye socket to grow. Children may also be fitted for a prosthetic (artificial) eye to improve appearance. As the face develops, new conformers will need to be made.

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/coloboma/coloboma.asp#15

Colored contact lenses that make the black part of the eye (pupil) round.
Surgery to make the pupil rounder. This procedure pulls and sutures together the lower edges of the iris.

Treating any complications that might arise from a retinal coloboma later in life, such as the growth of new blood vessels at the back of the eye (neovascularization) and/or retinal detachment.

Ive never had or been offered surgery for mine , I did get a contact lens , they made it specially , it was very painfull so I never wore it but it came from the hospital not from a high street opticians. So definatly going by what youve posted if she was part of a family opthamologists could have a head start on finding her .
It depresses me to think that she could have been murdered because of her eye . I dont understand why they would have taken her , surely they would have checked her out first ? Ive long wondered if the person responsable did actually talk with her and her parents before hand . I dont feel like she would have been murdered because of her eye because it would be irrelevant for what she would be wanted for I also wondered if because of her fame that may make her more valuable to her captors and saught after by the vile people who make use of stolen girls . Its not like anyone in those circles would step forward and say where they saw her. Is there a reward for finding her ? Maybe if the money was huge one of them would break ranks , if indeed this is what happened to her.

Ive never had or been offered surgery for mine , I did get a contact lens , they made it specially , it was very painfull so I never wore it but it came from the hospital not from a high street opticians. So definatly going by what youve posted if she was part of a family opthamologists could have a head start on finding her .
It depresses me to think that she could have been murdered because of her eye . I dont understand why they would have taken her , surely they would have checked her out first ? Ive long wondered if the person responsable did actually talk with her and her parents before hand . I dont feel like she would have been murdered because of her eye because it would be irrelevant for what she would be wanted for I also wondered if because of her fame that may make her more valuable to her captors and saught after by the vile people who make use of stolen girls . Its not like anyone in those circles would step forward and say where they saw her. Is there a reward for finding her ? Maybe if the money was huge one of them would break ranks , if indeed this is what happened to her.

Is it confirmed that Maddie has a coloboma? The photos where her eyes are clearly visible make it look like she has a bi-colored iris, which isn't particularly rare. The reason that I think coloboma could be a problem for her is that, because it's rare, she'd be easily identified, and nobody wants to be under that scrutiny-especially pedophiles.

I will look thru my files; its very noticeable; in fact it bleeds downward, the pupil so that it looks as if it has a tag in a square.

Is it confirmed that Maddie has a coloboma? The photos where her eyes are clearly visible make it look like she has a bi-colored iris, which isn't particularly rare. The reason that I think coloboma could be a problem for her is that, because it's rare, she'd be easily identified, and nobody wants to be under that scrutiny-especially pedophiles.

Well I read that she did and saw pictures , ive never seen a pic of a bi colored iris so I cant comment on any similarity theybmay or may not have however im quite sure madeleines medical records would show if she has a coloboma versus a bi colored iris. The only people able to scrutinise pedophiles would be other pedophiles tho and they wouldnt say anything because they are criminals themselves .

Ok I've found the best photo that shows it; from the wimbley stadium blow up:

Right eye; Her right eye; lower bottom of her pupil.

Attachments

• maddywembleyMS1905_468x315.jpg
    maddywembleyMS1905_468x315.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 30
Well I read that she did and saw pictures , ive never seen a pic of a bi colored iris so I cant comment on any similarity theybmay or may not have however im quite sure madeleines medical records would show if she has a coloboma versus a bi colored iris. The only people able to scrutinise pedophiles would be other pedophiles tho and they wouldnt say anything because they are criminals themselves .

I just meant that it looks to me like she has a "splotch" of brown on her iris (it didn't resemble the photos that I have seen of coloboma, but I suppose you can't always tell from a photo).

I understand what you mean re: pedophiles would interact with other pedophiles, but if I thought there would be scrutiny of this magnitude of a child that was being held, it would make sense to me that they would be afraid to keep her alive. And just for the record, I really hate saying that about this little girl. We are all speculating about who did what to her, and it's deeply disturbing.

FWIW I don't believe this was an abduction; I believe it's infanticide; by the mother.

I just meant that it looks to me like she has a "splotch" of brown on her iris (it didn't resemble the photos that I have seen of coloboma, but I suppose you can't always tell from a photo).

I understand what you mean re: pedophiles would interact with other pedophiles, but if I thought there would be scrutiny of this magnitude of a child that was being held, it would make sense to me that they would be afraid to keep her alive. And just for the record, I really hate saying that about this little girl. We are all speculating about who did what to her, and it's deeply disturbing.

Imagine a round pupil; with the lower part of the pupil; bleeding downward into the iris. That is what Maddie had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77