Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wth?!? Why?? Why would he do this???!! I mean, gah, come on. Don't they screen pilots?? I just ... did he say anything to the passengers?? Did he leave a note?? I already hate flying and have to be drugged up before stepping foot an a plane. I just.. I can't even...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first officer, Fariq Abdul Hamid is rumored to have partied it up.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ght-mh370-copilot-teenagers-fariq-abdul-hamid

Suicide has crossed my mind, but I believe more this was a combo of pilot error/777 equipment failure.

I heard earlier that the areas being searched are very busy waterways. I just can't get past the fact that no trace of the plane has been found. If it was in the water, I think debris would have been found by now. This is driving me crazy.

But the investigation into the possible criminal component was becoming more concrete, focusing on four main areas: hijacking, sabotage, psychological problems with crew or passengers, and personal problems with crew or passengers, Mr. Khalid said, adding these would be the normal scope of such an investigation. He said they hadn't found any evidence favoring any one channel so far.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304020104579432424107880530?mod=e2tw

not the way I took this or the way it was intended IMO. The original poster was just sharing - not making a link between the two at all.

Not to disrespect anyone, but that's why I can't watch primetime "news".

:scared: :facepalm:

I think it's still a good theory, just that the pilot, or co-pilot wanted the plane not to be found (possibly leaving behind an insurance policy, or just not wanting himself to be found out that he did this). So he disables the other pilot, turns off the transponder, flies off into an area not covered by radar (I think as close as 30 miles off the west coast of Malaysia), and ditches the plane there. Or even further afield, in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Anyhow, that is my current theory.

BBM ~ :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Here's a link to an interesting theory that someone posted on flightradar24.com. The website it is posted on is from Malaysia.

Was there a problem with the MH370 Boeing 777-200 aircraft?

I just got the creepiest thought/feeling that if it did happen like this and the pilot never turned around and the plane continued on course... unmanned ...it would have probably crashed on solid land. The mental image of all that made me nauseous.

"Experts said last night that if the Malaysia Airlines aircraft’s transponder had been turned off, it would make the plane invisible to the control tower’s radar.

In a comment that could be related to a problem in the cockpit – where Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, and Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, were at the controls – Malaysia police chief Khalid Abu Bakar said detectives were checking if any passengers or crew members had any psychological issues."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-Malaysian-source-reveals.html#ixzz2vhs0ybUu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Glad it worked out for you (riding the motorbike - lol!). Why chance adding to a problem to include a potential problem/hassle of your own?
I lived in Thailand for five years/divided. Never needed to exchange my passport for services of any kind.
There are many reasons not to surrender a passport in a foreign country imo.

OT but I was in a bad motorbike accident in Thailand and the dammed hospital had my passport. That made me more mad.

They'd probably steal me before they steal my passport. ;)

O/T
Just wanted to jump on in here.

Thank you to all who are following along, articulating articles and sharing theories. I followed early on in this event and was just speechless. My father was an airline captain and started his career in the late 50's until his last professional flight during the 1st Gulf War.

I recall growing up around big airports, little airports and everything in-between. When there were airline tragedies or airport drama I loved to listen in or be lucky enough to question him, he was so uniquely bright and passionate about flying. The stories I could tell about my exciting childhood!

My father died last January and on the eve of his death after we left the hospital, the wind was rippling, violent, sharp, and steady at over 40 mph with gusts at 60mph and it was as if my father was taking his final flight. It was powerful and beautiful and I stood with my arms extended as that wind penetrated me taking in every last moment of his life.

Thanks for letting me share. Miss you dad.

JMO

Prayers for the families. They will always be in your heart.

Why would a plane want to turn off their tracking signal? Why is the signal not buried in a place that it can not be turned off?

Great question!
(The reasonable answer is because no pilot in their right mind would want to turn the transponder off.)

Why have it located/placed where it can be turned off? Especially when taking into account hijackings and the like. There must be a reason other than cost or leaving an open door to additional tragedy (like not being able to find a missing plane).

I heard earlier that the areas being searched are very busy waterways. I just can't get past the fact that no trace of the plane has been found. If it was in the water, I think debris would have been found by now. This is driving me crazy.

I just read that too. the Strait of Malacca is one of the most important shipping lanes in the world..so lots of marine traffic going from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean

Even more confused ...If this plane crashed in the Strait of Malacca..there would be debris floating that passing ships using the Strait would have noticed by now. right?

Reading all these theories and reasons other planes have crashed.. I'm not flying again. We have to worry about missiles, terrorism, mid air desentegration, bombs, depressurization, fuselage seals breaking, antennas flying off, suicidal pilots, other mechanical issues and...
Weather.

On top of the other 10000 things my obsessive compulsive mind dreams up.

I need a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members