Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Flight 800. Beaches were closed because debris from the plane started washing ashore. Large Pieces of metal were found and they were afraid of people seeing body parts.

Is Australia looking at their coastlines?

i'm doubtful that any BIG news is going to be announced. cnn just got confused because everything seems BIG in size when compared to the tiny wolf blitzer

I remember Flight 800. Beaches were closed because debris from the plane started washing ashore. Large Pieces of metal were found and they were afraid of people seeing body parts.

AFAIK, no.
Everything is being focused on the search location in the Indian Ocean.
But don't quote me on this...

From a recent article ... (and keeping in mind that vast areas of the West Australian coastline are unpopulated) ...

"Oceanographer Erik van Sebille said that if the plane had crashed near Australia there "would be a good chance" something washed up.

A computer-generated model created by Sebille, which tracks ocean rubbish based on historical data, suggests objects floating in the water 1,800 kilometres from Australia will take about six months to reach land."

"Dr Alec Duncan, an oceanographer from Curtin University in Perth, said: "Prevailing winds are southwesterly, which will push material in the general direction of the coast. However, the search area is a long way offshore, so this could take months."

He said it was also possible that debris could wash up on one of the islands that dot the Indian Ocean."

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1463385/first-signs-mh370-crash-may-be-found-australian-shore

i'm doubtful that any BIG news is going to be announced. cnn just got confused because everything seems BIG in size when compared to the tiny wolf blitzer

I am not so sure either but to be fair, cnn said that Australia announed BIG news operational etc. I get the impression they were quoting the fax to news agencies

I am a little nervous about the apparent crash area (hoping that it was not intentional and a little off course :please:) because there are definitely more strategically placed secret installations than those that have been mentioned in the media.
All my opinion only

I wonder if the plane was hijacked and the intended target was somewhere in Australia?

Why hasn’t Australia said if it has seen relevant satellite images? Because it won’t.

Why doesn’t Australia reveal more search info, tell us if it knows more? Because it won’t.

We are a country that is floating in an ocean surrounded by Asian countries. We are sort of ‘on our own’ many, many kilometres away from any nations that we are aligned with. That makes us politically and militarily very careful.

Pretty much everything is on a need-to-know basis here - it is just how we roll. We are ruled by a democratic government, but the only choice that we get is which government we vote for every 3 years. After that, they have a mandate to do what they feel is ‘best for the country’. Most of the time that works just fine, and we have a beautiful, free, friendly, and relatively trouble-free country to live in.

I am a little nervous about the apparent crash area (hoping that it was not intentional and a little off course :please:) because there are definitely more strategically placed secret installations than those that have been mentioned in the media.

Just wanted to put this out here, as I just read last night’s posts, and hope that it may offer a degree of understanding to some.

All my opinion only

Thank you for this. Is there radar, etc. on Christmas Island?

http://www.news.com.au/travel/austr...-by-google-earth/story-e6frfq89-1226556475870

"Oceanographer Erik van Sebille said that if the plane had crashed near Australia there "would be a good chance" something washed up.

Be on the lookout for 10,00 pounds (4 tonnes) of mangosteens! :p

Cocos Island is beautiful. A few weeks ago I researched it (when it was in the news) and the islands are dreamy! Three flights a week from Perth with a stopover on Christmas Island.

Here is a March 16th news report about some of the islands n/w of AU:

The southern Indian Ocean, between Indonesia and Australia, is broken up only by the Australian territories of Christmas Island, home to asylum seeker detention facilities, and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands some 2,000 km (1,240 miles) northwest of Perth. The Cocos Islands have a small airport to serve the islands' combined population of just 3,000 people.

Further south, the only habitation is the handful of research stations on the scattering of tiny French-run islands including Kerguelen - a group of volcanic outcrops between Africa, Australia and Antarctica. While home to several powerful astronomical scanners and radar, there is no airport and it is seen extremely unlikely the aircraft could have made it that far.

Australia's civil aviation radar extends a maximum of just 200 nautical miles off the coast, the civil aviation authority source said, and was used only for monitoring scheduled aircraft on approach into the country and subsequent landings.

There are just two primary radars on the west Australian coast, one in Perth and one further north in Paraburdoo, which has even less range and is used to monitor mining traffic heading to the nearby Pilbara region.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/16/us-malaysia-airlines-indianocean-idUSBREA2F03K20140316

bbm

There are just two primary radars on the west Australian coast, one in Perth and one further north in Paraburdoo, which has even less range and is used to monitor mining traffic heading to the nearby Pilbara region.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/16/us-malaysia-airlines-indianocean-idUSBREA2F03K20140316

bbm

RSBM

There is also another facility near the WA coast that would have very strong comms abilities.

And yes, Cocos Islands are beautiful. I remember strolling on the white sand beach, and taking a fresh coconut with me back on the repaired plane .. the coconut was then confiscated at Perth airport.

MOO

todays search
Media Release
4 April 2014—am

Up to 10 military planes, four civil jets and nine ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority has determined a search area of about 217,000 square kilometres, 1700 kilometres north west of Perth.

Today's search area will focus on three areas within the same vicinity.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr006.aspx

I'm searching for a time when the next AMSA Australian press conference is and what CNN claims this "big news" is. According to twitter posts the press conference might be soon. I will post a time or info when I find it but if you find any information please post it thanks.

UPDATE - CNN reports there will be an update Press conference in the next four to five hours from now.

New CNN article with info about search and mentions about the possible "big news" at press conference scheduled in next few hours.

"The Royal Navy survey ship HMS Echo will be conducting a specific search on Friday, a spokesperson for the Australian Defence Force told CNN. And the Australian naval supply ship Ocean Shield, which is equipped with U.S. technology designed to detect the pings from the flight recorders, was due to arrive in the search area overnight.

The spokesperson, who is not authorized to speak to the media, told CNN there would be a "big" operations news conference on Friday by retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, the head of the joint coordination center.

It wasn't clear what the news conference will cover, but any progress will likely be welcomed by the despairing relatives of the 239 people aboard the plane, which vanished nearly four weeks ago."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/03/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

this link is for the Joint Agency Coordination centre it has links to media releases.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/

Ive not heard on our Aussie news about any BIG NEWS about to break. I may have missed it though :dunno:

<modsnip> I do not agree in therms of us here at WS. I am however, today, totally noticing experts, talking heads etc, having harder and harder time not dispilayng frutration, confusion, and anger.

And at the end of the day, no human likes being powerless about anything in any context- part of the cognitive human mind.

This big news, I am going to hope is all media tease to keep viewers and advertisers rolling in the bucks.

I would hate to think that the folks that are actually going to do the presser saying we got big stuff to tell you wait.

In the real sense of the word, at this point the only big news allowed is telling us that the plane has been taken, nations invovlned are working with the captors etc.

at this point I do not think any of us really give a shxx what operationial crap they are gonna TRY now

the plane is on land , they know it, and are wasting money that could be helping starving people or whatever to save face, to prevent panic,to hide secrets, or got their tushies in to far and can not figure out a way out but to just carry on.hope the media fades and that they can handle whatever Act 2 shall be

scary

this is one of two terrifying scenarios experts suspect transpired that Saturday morning ....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...nes-flight-mh370/story-fniztvng-1226870765748

:please:

OMG, I haven't listened to any of the upset family. That is so distressing and sad, they are desperate. Heartreaking!

I still think something went wrong and pilot tried all he could. I will hold that idea unless something happens that means I cannot. I just cannot grasp killing 238 others on a whim, that is why. I do hope the ascent made what we do know to be true, all 239 unconscious before the crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge