Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indonesian Radar

Indonesian Defense Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro said the Indonesian military radar placed in the country's western-most city of Sabang did not detect an airplane flying over Indonesian territory.

"I have received a report that our air defense radar system in Sabang is strong and it did not detect an airplane (flying over the Indonesian territory)," Purnomo said here on Wednesday.
http://www.antaranews.com/en/news/93270/indonesian-military-radar-did-not-detect-missing-airplane

Malaysia denied today reports claiming that MH370 had skirted Indonesian airspace to avoid radar detection.

Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein told a press conference here that he had instructed Malaysia’s military chief to contact his Indonesian counterpart and that the latter confirmed this.

“It’s untrue,” he said. “They (Indonesia) confirmed they had no sighting of the plane,” he said at the conference broadcast live on Astro Awani.

Hishammuddin’s brief response, however, did not appear to directly answer the question raised by a reporter at the media conference.
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...70-avoided-indonesian-radar-hishammuddin-says

Not sure of anything at this point, but I think they are totally basing the flight path 'around Indonesia' on Indonesia's claim that it didn't show up on their radar?

Exactly. Which I personally don't believe they didn't show up on their radar. The last military radar sighting by Malaysia I believe was in the Malacca Straight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Although the Jindalee operational radar network extends part-way across the northern Indian Ocean, government papers online describe it as a “tripwire” in Australia’s northern surveillance system, helping underpin the defence of the country from any attack originating from the north.

Local media have said its main use recently has been to track illegal immigrants approaching Australia by boat through the region’s largely unguarded northern waters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hern-indian-ocean-it-wouldnt-be-seen-or-heard

Not sure of anything at this point, but I think they are totally basing the flight path 'around Indonesia' on Indonesia's claim that it didn't show up on their radar?

I think that plus fuel consumption.

Perhaps Roselvr means Military Radar and Australia's powerful Jindalee Radar which has a range of 3,000km

And, perhaps, that is why Australia knew exactly where to look for the aircraft. jmo

What makes no sense to me is why didn't Australia see the plane on their radar?

Yes! Good point. But, does Australia take care of that part or does Indonesia? Or neither?

Last weeks map (below), the plane 'flew around Indonesian airspace after it dropped off Malaysian military radar.' Link
However, Elle Elle's map (above) from a couple of days ago, shows the plane flying directly over Indonesia... did the flight path change? In other words, instead of the plane skirting around Indonesia, it flew over Indonesia?

plane040614.jpg

Good catch! :loveyou:

Yes, both the maps flight paths are totally different. :scared:

Does Indonesia even have a radar? And if they do, is it from the Vietnam war? Meaning, is it old school tech?

You would think Indonesia would have better emergency prepardness since the 2006 earthquake/tsunami, which is actually not too far away from the potential crash site.

JMO.

BBM.
I don't think it really means a whole lot.
To me, all it means is that his phone made contact with a cell tower when the plane was at a lower altitude. It doesn't necessarily mean a call was made (like the media seems to think), just that a signal was sent to the tower. His phone could have either been off and then switched back on, or it was on the whole time, and a ping was made at the lower altitude. Or it was switched from airplane mode to regular mode.

This is what I think as well. He probally just left in in non airplane mode and it pinged a tower when flying low. But then I think, what about other people onboard? Surely, 1 out of 238 had their phones on?

Also, if MH370 did really fly low, no one saw it? I mean I know it's remote, but there are alot of fishermen and villages.

The blue fin acted so perfectly it is amazing. It went where it was programmed to and came home when the calcs were out of his realm. What else can be said.

Battalle must be thrilled with all the publicity.

This is what I think as well. He probally just left in in non airplane mode and it pinged a tower when flying low. But then I think, what about other people onboard? Surely, 1 out of 238 had their phones on?

Also, if MH370 did really fly low, no one saw it? I mean I know it's remote, but there are alot of fishermen and villages.

I imagine the passengers' phones pinged, too.
But because they weren't the ones flying the plane, the media feels it's not that important to report whether those phones pinged or not.

I feel like those people who are in charge of this MUST know these details. Things like, did it fly over or around Indonesia. Things like, what different altitudes the plane was recorded at going across Malaysia.

Why must they know this?

They MUST know it to have calculated the plane's location almost exactly.

That is, IF this location turns out to be correct.

Look at the difference b/w flying over Indonesia and flying around Indonesia. The fuel usage would have been totally different. Perhaps the original (farther South) search location was orginally taking 370 over Indonesia, but then when they got information that it went around Indonesia (maybe based on Indonesian radar), they changed the search location to more North (ran out of fuel faster).

I feel like they have all the data, they are just not releasing it to the public for some reason or another.

JMO.

But because they weren't the ones flying the plane, the media feels it's not that important to report whether those phones pinged or not.

Sadly, no one has been cleared yet. But, yes, the media should just lay off Shah and Fariq, IMO.

And, perhaps, that is why Australia knew exactly where to look for the aircraft. jmo

Agree, and they are not about to divulge all their intelligence "secrets".

:)

On CNN now, Bluefin is searching and will be deployed until 10:00am ET Wednesday.

I feel like those people who are in charge of this MUST know these details. Things like, did it fly over or around Indonesia. Things like, what different altitudes the plane was recorded at going across Malaysia.

Why must they know this?

They MUST know it to have calculated the plane's location almost exactly.

That is, IF this location turns out to be correct.

Look at the difference b/w flying over Indonesia and flying around Indonesia. The fuel usage would have been totally different. Perhaps the original (farther South) search location was orginally taking 370 over Indonesia, but then when they got information that it went around Indonesia (maybe based on Indonesian radar), they changed the search location to more North (ran out of fuel faster).

I feel like they have all the data, they are just not releasing it to the public for some reason or another.

JMO.

I hope they have much more than we know for sure! :confused: Because as you said, the fuel calculations would be way different for one. I just hope they are right about the Southern path.

Sadly, no one has been cleared yet. But, yes, the media should just lay off Shah and Fariq, IMO.

I agree.
Until I see solid proof that they are involved in the plane's disappearance, I don't feel that it's fair for them to be picked on. I can only imagine how their families must feel...

Last night I recall the question regarding the passenger's phones coming up on CNN. The phone number for the co-pilot is known, therefore easy to identify that the tower received a ping from his phone. The explanation being, the towers may have received many pings (perhaps from passengers' phones) however not having any tracking of numbers to the individuals, were unable to ascertain where the pings came from. And perhaps the media has not been informed of anyone's phone except for the co-pilot? It also appears the attempt to connect was mere seconds as the plane quickly was out of the tower's range.

MOO

Last night I recall the question regarding the passenger's phones coming up on CNN. The phone number for the co-pilot is known, therefore easy to identify that the tower received a ping from his phone. The explanation being, the towers may have received many pings (perhaps from passengers' phones) however not having any tracking of numbers to the individuals, were unable to ascertain where the pings came from. And perhaps the media has not been informed of anyone's phone except for the co-pilot? It also appears the attempt to connect was mere seconds as the plane quickly was out of the tower's range.

MOO

Where exactly did the suspected cell phone tower pings occur again? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck