Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the company is right since he was using the company simulator and as such could be considered a representative of the company. He would gave been required to follow company rules.

Agree, it is whatever company policy dictates. It was over a month, however, so one would assume the head of the company had said something about his attire long before now.

There really isn't much now that the simulator can be used for in relation to MH370 until the black box is located. Perhaps that is why the timing is as it was.

MOO

Just tuned in. :seeya:

So, this "oil slick" would be the first "debris"? Hmm.

I am going to need some debris, oil, bread basket...something and soon.
This is making me crazy. I don't know how the families are not losing their minds..well, they probably are. Five weeks!

:laughcry:

Thanks

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e-has-been-found/story-fnizu68q-1226885865464

It is estimated it will take sonar-equipped Bluefin-21 six week to two months to scan the entire search area.

Hopefully, they will find something sooner..these searches have been going 24 hours..I applaud all the women and men on board those Ships for their hard work and dedication.

00.png

..the key breakthrough in locating the missing aircraft was made during the analysis of MH370’s flight path.

“Somewhere out of some place, fantastic pieces of intelligence were put together to really narrow it down to a small, small area,” he said.

“And that’s how these guys have been able to find it so quickly.

“The Ocean Shield was out there a couple of days and they got a hit. That has been a tremendous success and miraculous. People were searching for a miracle. This was one.”

It really was a miracle and i am sure they will find the plane there. I am so proud of everyone who worked on narrowing the field. It looked hopeless until they did with all the time lost for debris to be sunk etc.

The best leads in the underwater search for Malaysia Airlines flight 370 will be exhausted in about a week, Prime Minister Tony Abbott says.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, Mr Abbott said if the Bluefin-21 underwater drone scanning the Indian Ocean's seabed in the search area fails to locate wreckage, there would need to be a rethink.

"We believe that search will be completed within a week or so," Mr Abbott said.

"If we don't find wreckage, we stop, we regroup, we reconsider."

Mr Abbott said he was confident searchers were looking in the right place for the plane based on the electronic signals, possibly from the aircraft's black boxes, detected by equipment towed by Australian naval vessel ADV Ocean Shield on April 5 and 8.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tony-abbott-20140417-zqvul.html#ixzz2z6qHfCbT

Just came here to report about Mitchell Casado but ElleElle beat me. I wish him well and hope he finds a new job soon.

Agree, it is whatever company policy dictates. It was over a month, however, so one would assume the head of the company had said something about his attire long before now.

There really isn't much now that the simulator can be used for in relation to MH370 until the black box is located. Perhaps that is why the timing is as it was.

MOO

I suppose there was a lot of complaints. He seemed laid-back, but that's how Canadians are!

I have a sneaking suspicion other higher powers persuade uFly to fire him.

JMO.

I guess the company is right since he was using the company simulator and as such could be considered a representative of the company. He would gave been required to follow company rules.

I thought CNN leased the simulator and hired Mitchell with permission from the company.

This is going to be a long and tedious process. I think they will find MH370 eventually.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Looking at the map of the ping detection locations, and considering the implied distances between detection sites, this map makes no sense, even if the ocean was only one foot deep. As I pointed out in an earlier post, the TPL-25 ping detector that was used has a detection range of ONE MILE from the black box (this info is from a navy.mil site). Here is exactly what the site says: "The TPL is able to detect a signal from a distance of approximately one mile with a maximum depth of 20,000 feet." That means the device can be towed up to 20,000 feet deep, but can detect a signal only one mile from the source. However, as I previously stated, there are cases where a black box might be detected from 2 miles away, but a three mile detection range may be somewhat mythical.

The pings were detected from points 24.3 km (15 miles) apart! If the black box is dead-center in the search area AND if the TPL-25 was towed just above the bottom of the ocean, this requires that the signal was detected up to 7.5 miles away. Now, if the two black boxes were separated from each other by many miles and you had a three mile detection range, the map makes at least a little sense to me. But, I cannot think of a realistic plane crash scenario that would deposit the two black boxes so far apart from each other.

Remember that the frequency of the pings was about 33 khz, rather than the expected 37.5 khz. I can think of only one other logical man-made source for such a signal. And that is a depth sounder, a device that is on many boats and ships (you know- a fish finder). Depth sounders have significant military and research applications on the oceans. Depth sounders in deep water commonly use 33 khz as one of their frequencies. If a depth sounder was operating at between 50 to 70 pulses a minute, I suppose it would approximate a black box signal. But we have to assume that the searchers have fully accounted for this possibility. They do this for a living, and I do not.

Look up "Echo sounding" on Wikipedia if you want more information.

On a second subject, I read articles from and listened to various experts with quiet amusement over the past many weeks talking about how it is impossible to use a cell phone from a jet. Yes, they were all kind-of right, but many missed the point that your phone can make contact with cell towers, even if your text or voice message ultimately fails. Now that we know the MH-370 copilot's cell phone made contact with a cell tower, the subject will hopefully get a more serious analysis. Cell phone calls from high altitude cause all sorts of problems with ground-based cell tower systems because the plane is traveling so fast and can "see" so many towers at the same time. So, most of your attempts to dial from high altitude will fail. BUT, you should make contact with various towers. Continuing, I find it hard to believe that the copilot is the only one on MH 370 who forgot to shut his phone off. With a list of the cell numbers of every passenger on board MH-370, a wealth of information might be recovered (before the plane got far away from land). There will likely be other cell tower contacts and maybe, just maybe a truncated text or partial mailbox voice message.

Sleuth On!

:eek:

uFly fires flight instructor after CNN appearances on Malaysia Airlines story
Mitchell Casado 'shamed Canadians' with shabby appearance, company owner says

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-on-malaysia-airlines-story-1.2613065?cmp=rss

Wow. I feel bad for the guy. He may have been a little too casual but they should have just told him to wear something better and give him a chance. It sounds like it was their own fault they didnt tell him. Not fair IMO

Correction
ETA-The article says " refusing to dress professionally". Ok, if he really refused to dress better after being warned then his firing is justified. The owner claimed he also did not arrive to work on time on certain day(s). So if we believe the owner then it sounds justified firing to me.

Looking at the map of the ping detection locations, and considering the implied distances between detection sites, this map makes no sense, even if the ocean was only one foot deep. As I pointed out in an earlier post, the TPL-25 ping detector that was used has a detection range of ONE MILE from the black box (this info is from a navy.mil site). Here is exactly what the site says: "The TPL is able to detect a signal from a distance of approximately one mile with a maximum depth of 20,000 feet." That means the device can be towed up to 20,000 feet deep, but can detect a signal only one mile from the source. However, as I previously stated, there are cases where a black box might be detected from 2 miles away, but a three mile detection range may be somewhat mythical.

The pings were detected from points 24.3 km (15 miles) apart! If the black box is dead-center in the search area AND if the TPL-25 was towed just above the bottom of the ocean, this requires that the signal was detected up to 7.5 miles away. Now, if the two black boxes were separated from each other by many miles and you had a three mile detection range, the map makes at least a little sense to me. But, I cannot think of a realistic plane crash scenario that would deposit the two black boxes so far apart from each other.

Remember that the frequency of the pings was about 33 khz, rather than the expected 37.5 khz. I can think of only one other logical man-made source for such a signal. And that is a depth sounder, a device that is on many boats and ships (you know- a fish finder). Depth sounders have significant military and research applications on the oceans. Depth sounders in deep water commonly use 33 khz as one of their frequencies. If a depth sounder was operating at between 50 to 70 pulses a minute, I suppose it would approximate a black box signal. But we have to assume that the searchers have fully accounted for this possibility. They do this for a living, and I do not.

On a second subject, I read articles from and listened to various experts with quiet amusement over the past many weeks talking about how it is impossible to use a cell phone from a jet. Yes, they were all kind-of right, but many missed the point that your phone can make contact with cell towers, even if your text or voice message ultimately fails. Now that we know the MH-370 copilot's cell phone made contact with a cell tower, the subject will hopefully get a more serious analysis. Cell phone calls from high altitude cause all sorts of problems with ground-based cell tower systems because the plane is traveling so fast and can "see" so many towers at the same time. So, most of your attempts to dial from high altitude will fail. BUT, you should make contact with various towers. Continuing, I find it hard to believe that the copilot is the only one on MH 370 who forgot to shut his phone off. With a list of the cell numbers of every passenger on board MH-370, a wealth of information might be recovered (before the plane got far away from land). There will likely be other cell tower contacts and maybe, just maybe a truncated text or partial mailbox voice message.

Sleuth On!

i agree with most everything and especially about the distance between the 2 spots they heard the noise.

Regarding Bolded part...

I had brought this link below on before and surely they would not have made the simple mistake of letting a submarine in that area and mistaking a submarine sound for that plane. Could they? They will never admit it if they made such a critical and simple error. On a graph, this sub noise would look an awful lot like their every second ping noise they expected to hear.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df3BFx-rzYw"]Submarine Sonar Sound Effect - YouTube[/ame]

I find it awful suspicious that they mentioned submarines shortly after them first picking up the pinging noise. Like a day later they talked about subs being in the area. I hope they were not this foolish.

I could easily see this happening though. Like if China owned the sub and didnt tell Austrailia where they were going. It sounds like China was working on their own set of rules. Remember when China heard their own noise south. It was like a big surprise that China was where they were. I would not doubt if China had a sub and that is what they were picking up all along.

:eek:

uFly fires flight instructor after CNN appearances on Malaysia Airlines story
Mitchell Casado 'shamed Canadians' with shabby appearance, company owner says

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-on-malaysia-airlines-story-1.2613065?cmp=rss

I was just coming on here to post about thus, I saw it on daily mail.....I can't believe this!!!

I can't believe ppl called/wrote in to complain about his wardrobe??!

Also it mentions he had habit of being late, so I guess we don't know the whole story, but still!!!!!

The best leads in the underwater search for Malaysia Airlines flight 370 will be exhausted in about a week, Prime Minister Tony Abbott says.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, Mr Abbott said if the Bluefin-21 underwater drone scanning the Indian Ocean's seabed in the search area fails to locate wreckage, there would need to be a rethink.

"We believe that search will be completed within a week or so," Mr Abbott said.

"If we don't find wreckage, we stop, we regroup, we reconsider."

Mr Abbott said he was confident searchers were looking in the right place for the plane based on the electronic signals, possibly from the aircraft's black boxes, detected by equipment towed by Australian naval vessel ADV Ocean Shield on April 5 and 8.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tony-abbott-20140417-zqvul.html#ixzz2z6qHfCbT

I really think Mr. Abbott should leave the talking to Mr. Houston.

I was just coming on here to post about thus, I saw it on daily mail.....I can't believe this!!!

I can't believe ppl called/wrote in to complain about his wardrobe??!

Also it mentions he had habit of being late, so I guess we don't know the whole story, but still!!!!!

Yeah, the owner said he also refused to dress better after being warned. I would like to hear his response to this. If he really refused then I can see it as justified firing. He did look pretty lousy in that white T-shirt photo.

The only real complaint I had about him was he seemed to be pissed off at times. He seemed like he wasnt happy about doing what was asked when Don would ask them to do somthing.

Sleuth On!

Thank you, very informative!

Yeah, the owner said he also refused to dress better after being warned. I would like to hear his response to this. If he really refused then I can see it as justified firing. He did look pretty lousy in that white T-shirt photo.

The only real complaint I had about him was he seemed to be pissed off at times. He seemed like he wasnt happy about doing what was asked when Don would ask them to do somthing.

Hey hatfield....yes I would love to hear his side of the story!! But that is mainly for my own gossip-y purposes.

I hope he gets bigger and better offers as a result of his exposure on CNN. Hoping it works out for the best for him as well as the flight company.

i agree with most everything and especially about the distance between the 2 spots they heard the noise.

Regarding Bolded part...

I had brought this link below on before and surely they would not have made the simple mistake of letting a submarine in that area and mistaking a submarine sound for that plane. Could they? They will never admit it if they made such a critical and simple error. On a graph, this sub noise would look an awful lot like their every second ping noise they expected to hear.

Submarine Sonar Sound Effect - YouTube

I find it awful suspicious that they mentioned submarines shortly after them first picking up the pinging noise. Like a day later they talked about subs being in the area. I hope they were not this foolish.

I could easily see this happening though. Like if China owned the sub and didnt tell Austrailia where they were going. It sounds like China was working on their own set of rules. Remember when China heard their own noise south. It was like a big surprise that China was where they were. I would not doubt if China had a sub and that is what they were picking up all along.

OMG, I hope not!!

I noticed him right away. I even thought one time that he wore the same plaid shirt for a couple of days in a row. I would think CNN would have also said something to him. Oh well, he did a good job, so I wish him well. Just hope CNN doesn't hire him. But, then again I really don't care. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam