Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But despite US President Barack Obama publicly promising to commit more assets, the United States appears keen to begin passing on the costs of providing sophisticated sonar equipment that will form the backbone of the expanded hunt.

That means Australia, China and Malaysia - the countries most closely involved in the operation - look set to bear the financial and logistical burden of a potentially lengthy and expensive search

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysi...ne-wreckage-20140501-zr24s.html#ixzz30PSy7Q8l

Yes, but my concern with this is we don't know for a fact the speed and altitude throughout it's journey, therefore math and physics do not apply.

JMO.

I don't believe they needed to use speed and altitude for their calculations, I believe they measured the strength and length of the hourly, then the final handshakes. I think I read they tested this on live planes to see if that methodology worked.

Navy scouring Bay of Bengal again for MH370 after GeoResonance claim

Bangladesh Navy has mounted a renewed search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in the Bay of Bengal after an Australian exploration company claimed to have traced its debris.

RSBM

Understandably, every lead needs to be checked, but some are not happy about it .....

CNN aviation expert Miles O'Brien said GeoResonance's claims are not supported by experts. "My blood is boiling," he told CNN's "New Day." "I've talked to the leading experts in satellite imaging capability at NASA, and they know of no technology that is capable of doing this. I am just horrified that a company would use this event to gain attention like this."

He called on company officials to offer "a full explanation" for their assertion, which he said appeared to be based on "magic box" technology.

Sending investigators to the Bay of Bengal would draw away from the limited resources that are focused in the southern Indian Ocean, O'Brien said.

David Gallo, director of special projects at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, also expressed skepticism. "It's so revolutionary, and I don't know anyone that knows of this kind of technology," he told CNN. "And I know most of the people in this business."

GeoResonance Managing Director Pavel Kursa, citing intellectual property concerns, would not explain how the imaging works.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/30/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

But despite US President Barack Obama publicly promising to commit more assets, the United States appears keen to begin passing on the costs of providing sophisticated sonar equipment that will form the backbone of the expanded hunt.

That means Australia, China and Malaysia - the countries most closely involved in the operation - look set to bear the financial and logistical burden of a potentially lengthy and expensive search

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysi...ne-wreckage-20140501-zr24s.html#ixzz30PSy7Q8l

Not sure what more the US can do. If Malaysia is in charge it would be up to them to make the decisions as to what their next plans are. This is far from over. If they find MH370 the next process will be recovering the black boxes. If US help is needed at that point I'm sure they will offer to help. Right now there isn't much to do except wait. As far as financial help, Malaysia seems to feel they can handle it but that should be between Malaysia, Australia and China. The US does not have the right to interfere if Malaysia does not want us to. jmo

Back on 19th March, it was reported that Bangladesh had scoured waters in the Bay of Bengal ....

"Following Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's instruction, Bangladesh Navy March 14 launched the search for the missing plane by deploying two frigates -- BNS Umar Farooq and BNS Bangabandhu -- and two aircraft.

We've already searched 8,709 sq km area in the Bay of Bengal for Malaysia Airlines plane MH370," he said. "But no clue has been found so far."

http://www.newindianexpress.com/wor...issing-Airliner/2014/03/19/article2118476.ece

I don't believe they needed to use speed and altitude for their calculations, I believe they measured the strength and length of the hourly, then the final handshakes. I think I read they tested this on live planes to see if that methodology worked.

I would think speed and altitude would be important in their calculations. They would be more accurate if those were known, wouldn't they?

Back on 19th March, it was reported that Bangladesh had scoured waters in the Bay of Bengal ....

"Following Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's instruction, Bangladesh Navy March 14 launched the search for the missing plane by deploying two frigates -- BNS Umar Farooq and BNS Bangabandhu -- and two aircraft.

We've already searched 8,709 sq km area in the Bay of Bengal for Malaysia Airlines plane MH370," he said. "But no clue has been found so far."

http://www.newindianexpress.com/wor...issing-Airliner/2014/03/19/article2118476.ece

IMO, I don't think the plane is there anyways.

If this is possible for Boeing to override systems, and Malaysia did not immediately report the plane missing, then this would be a huge reason for the government to have come across as "hiding" something as many of us have suspected. The Malaysian government knew they had a terrible liability on their hands, and were working on a solution before announcing the missing plane. But why would they not ask Boeing for help?

My opinion only.

We don't know if it's possible..
The post I replied to had a link to a 2006 Patent..We are not certain this technology has been put in use on any aircraft.

Boeing filed a patent - that doesn't mean they actually created anything -I think that would be public knowledge.

I would guess the technology already exists, but as someone said, Boeing is a private company. It sells those planes. If it had such technology, it would be a feature you could purchase. It wouldn't just be controlling planes that belonged to other countries - way too much liability for them. It requires us to set up secure communication systems that would be very expensive, and I don't think that technology exists yet to make them adequately secure, reliable, and free from malfunction - governments would likely set that up. So Boeing hasn't actually tried to implement it even though it technically could.

Thank You and I agree with your post..

IF such technology is available IMO Malaysia would not have been the first in line to purchase it,..
Malaysian Airlines did not purchase the Boeing Aircraft monitoring system nor the Rolls Royce Engine Monitoring system...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngog...uld-help-malaysia-air-370-crash-investigtors/

Link to Patent
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...50&s1=7142971.PN.&OS=PN/7142971&RS=PN/7142971

It does seem that the Bay of Bengal has been pretty well searched already, and at an earlier time when debris may still have been floating. As well as the earlier Bangladesh Navy search efforts that I posted about above, there is this ....

12 March Search and rescue efforts being stepped up in Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal
16 March Twenty-five countries are involved in the search. India ends its search in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

It does seem that the Bay of Bengal has been pretty well searched already, and at an earlier time when debris may still have been floating. As well as the earlier Bangladesh Navy search efforts that I posted about above, there is this ....

12 March Search and rescue efforts being stepped up in Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal
16 March Twenty-five countries are involved in the search. India ends its search in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

From what it sounded like the latest detailed report from that small company provided an exact location. It should only take 1 day or 2 to check the bottom with a good sonar detector (i.e., fish-finder) in that location and either debunk it or not.

Unless that "exact" location is not as exact as the CEO made it sound on CNN. :floorlaugh:

All modern boats have these sonar detectors now and most ships have good ones that show a nice graph picture of the bottom for "structure". They can easily see an outline of a plane with those devices. They are mainly used to make sure the ship is not in too shallow water and are also used by commercial fisherman to find schools of fish. The new models in the 1000 dollar range paint some nice graphs. You can google them and see the nice pictures they show. So long as the depths are normal and not like near Austrailia they should not need anything too fancy.

Ok, maybe i'm not understanding. Immarsat went by the last ping at 8:11am (what time zone?) ! wouldn't they take into account the speed and altitude to determine it's final resting place? The weight should be accurate, unless MAS did not provide accurate weight. :facepalm:

I'd like to find documentation on how they came to this conclusion.

Malaysia will release a preliminary report on Thursday on the disappearance of flight MH370 nearly two months after it went missing, according to a transport ministry official.

Retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston has told Sky News - claims the missing Malaysia Airlines plane might be in the Bay of Bengal - should be looked into -

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/worl...nitial-mh370-report.html#sthash.RZbskWSf.dpuf

Malaysia will release a preliminary report on Thursday on the disappearance of flight MH370 nearly two months after it went missing, according to a transport ministry official.

Retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston has told Sky News - claims the missing Malaysia Airlines plane might be in the Bay of Bengal - should be looked into -

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/worl...nitial-mh370-report.html#sthash.RZbskWSf.dpuf

Conflicting statements??
Or that another country..IE India, or Bangladesh should check out the claim while they continue to focus on the south indian ocean

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/worl...malaysia-to-release-initial-mh370-report.html APRIL 30, 2014

But Angus Houston, the head of the search effort in the southern Indian Ocean, off Australia's west coast, said Wednesday that he still believes that's where the plane and its with 239 passengers and crew went down.

"I think that we have been looking in the right place," Houston told Sky News Australia. "I'm confident the aircraft will be found."

At this point, we don't know where it is, so I will take any lead.

But, with that being said, I don't think Australia would waste resources if it isnt in S Indian ocean. Unless they were being led down the rose garden path.

Conflicting statements??
Or that another country..IE India, or Bangladesh should check out the claim while they continue to focus on the south indian ocean

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/worl...malaysia-to-release-initial-mh370-report.html APRIL 30, 2014

But Angus Houston, the head of the search effort in the southern Indian Ocean, off Australia's west coast, said Wednesday that he still believes that's where the plane and its with 239 passengers and crew went down.

"I think that we have been looking in the right place," Houston told Sky News Australia. "I'm confident the aircraft will be found."

No kidding a "statement conflict". I wonder why? To appease the doubt?

THE man overseeing the international hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 says he is confident the plane will be found off Western Australia.

Air Chief Marshal Houston said the claim by Adelaide-based resource survey company GeoResonance that it had identified a possible plane crash site in the Bay of Bengal was certainly worth investigating.

"It is certainly something that needs to be looked at and I believe it probably has been looked at,” he told Sky News.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ff-the-wa-coast/story-fn59niix-1226901411620#

I wonder if these prelim statements will provide information we already don't know.
Tuned into CNN.

THE man overseeing the international hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 says he is confident the plane will be found off Western Australia.

Air Chief Marshal Houston said the claim by Adelaide-based resource survey company GeoResonance that it had identified a possible plane crash site in the Bay of Bengal was certainly worth investigating.

"It is certainly something that needs to be looked at and I believe it probably has been looked at,” he told Sky News.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ff-the-wa-coast/story-fn59niix-1226901411620#

Huh? That doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members