Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

Discussion in 'Malaysia Airline Disasters' started by gregjrichards, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I don't believe this because they could easily find a way to "discover" the plane.
    If they knew where it was they could encourage Malaysia to look there... or fly over and find it themselves.
    I don't believe the USA would let it sit out there for a week.
    Surely they could reveal it's location without giving away military secrets.

2. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Just jumping in,
    I am curious to know if there are any other countries in that area that would have their own radar technology which could have detected an unknown plane in or out of their known air space?
    Due to the dynamics of the countries, they may not want to admit they can track further than is known.

3. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Good point and how annoying....

4. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

We/They are still waiting to hear back on that.

I think it was mentioned that they need India, Thailand and I think Indonesia or Vietnam's radar. Malaysia says they asked and haven't heard, those countries say Malaysia never asked.

6. MsFacetious

7. TripleA

TripleA New Member

A moving sport's stadium...

8. What'sThatClue

What'sThatClue Active Member

Twitter has a lot of 'found' hoaxes going around. Some sites might be full of viruses so be careful.
    Jmo

9. MsFacetious

This is several hours old but I haven't seen all of it here yet:

UPDATE [6.00pm]: The press conference has just ended. Here are some key highlights:

The authorities have investigated two oil slicks at the South China Sea two days ago. One oil slick has a tiny hint of jet fuel, but they can't confirm it belongs to MH370. No debris was found.

Acting Transport Minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, denied reports that MH370 kept flying after it lost contact, with Rolls Royce and Boeing confirming that they have not received any flight data.

Authorities are still unable to confirm that the plane made a turn-back:
    "Though there is information, it’s not 100 per cent that it’s MH370. That has not changed.”

The UK investigation team and representatives from Roll Royce will be arriving tonight to assist investigations.

Authorities can't confirm if transponder was deliberately switched off: “There’s no confirmation on the signal. We are still investigating the possibility,” says Hishammuddin.

Hishamuddin has continued to deny that the police have searched the houses of Malaysia Airlines crew.

On extending their search area to the Indian Ocean, Hishamuddin said: "Together with our international partners, we are pushing further east into the South China Sea and further into the Indian Ocean."

Hishamuddin also confirmed that they are working very closely with the U.S. team: "They indicated they were studying the possibility of satellite communication. Whatever they have and will share with us."

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

Side note for those who were here late last night:

• This section of the live blog was removed on 14 March 2014 because it included content that was inconsistent with Guardian editorial guidelines.

Updated at 11.47pm AEST

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-plane-search-continues-amid-signals-mystery

(That section was the "reputable American magazine, The Onion" part. So apparently he was being Facetious. :giggle:)

LOL This is post 666, how typical of me. :seeya:

10. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

Yes, and Facebook issued a warning regarding a virus infected link about MH370 being found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

This flight simulator thing on cnn is pretty cool and answering a lot of questions about what happens when systems get turned off.

12. reb

reb Well-Known Member

SuziQ- are you talking about the 007 McDonald/ Korean airliner carrying the late Congressman Larry McDonald, that went missing in Asia?

13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c9f05c-ab64-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_story.html
    bbm

"The fate of the plane remains unknown six days after it vanished less than an hour into its flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. But aviation experts and U.S. officials increasingly suspect that the disappearance involved foul play — either sabotage or hijacking by crew members or a passenger with aviation training. Malaysia’s acting transport minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, said an investigation into the passengers and pilots was “ongoing,” although the pilots’ homes had not yet been searched.

“The facts are all over the place,” said a U.S. official who asked not to be identified because he is not authorized to speak publicly. “It’s looking less and less like an accident. It’s looking more like a criminal event.”

14. ManPam

ManPam New Member

Does anyone know if that simply means a 2 hour time span, or 2 hours of actual voice data?

Meaning - if they chatted for 30 mins, then flew in silence for 3 hours, then chatted again for another 30 mins - why would they record the 3 hours silence, erasing the previous 30 mins of talking, instead of just appending the new sound data to the existing until it eventually fills up with 2 hours of actual audio and then starts erasing the old stuff?

15. lilblue

lilblue New Member

Where could this possibly land (and I DO think it landed now)? Could it reach the middle east or africa? It seems to me that the US is going out of it's way to repeatedly say "it's at the bottom of the Indian Ocean" and that they've had "indications" of this but no outright statement of impact distress signal or sonar. I think they've must have been able to triangulate the last ping from the plane by now (5-1/2 hours into flight time). The question is whether that's in the middle of the ocean or do they know where it landed and are working with others (China & Malaysia specifically) to plan some kind of response/incursion. I'm just thinking aloud here of course, but I'm certain that they know MUCH more than what's been leaked to the press.

16. alwaysonmymind

SuziQ- congratulations to your son on graduating from Marine Basic Training!! Army mom here and can imagine how you're feeling. <<<<hugs>>>>

17. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

That what I am thinking. Some hijackings have happened like that in the past if I recall. Or this one that LadyL suggests.

18. alwaysonmymind

Excellent point and I have no idea!
    So much to learn with this case.

19. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival,,searching by, and results of the U.S. PA 8 Poseidon...

Shouldn't it be at its destination by now?

:waitasec:

20. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

Its 2 am there so maybe we won't hear until the light comes up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.