Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

Discussion in 'Malaysia Airline Disasters' started by Harmony 2, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Senior Moderato Administrator

Continue discussion here...
    Remember to:
    *post in a civil manner
    *stay on topic
    *be respectful of the passengers' families
    *post only msm tweets and articles with links
    *other forum links are not allowed

2. Loading...

3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Breaking news

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.

The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26492748

I'm praying the plane is found and people on the plane survive.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238253"]Frequently Asked Questions[/ame]

Thread #1
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237547"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237716"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237792"]Thread #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237900"]Thread #5[/ame]

4. ElleElle

ElleElle New Member

Evening ALL! x

Been busy with life and trying to keep up to this mystery.

So, what's the scoop now?

I knew cell phones were pinging somewhere! ;) Is still a theory?

5. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

Had a question about Poseidon as to whether it could do night searches. Yes it can.

6. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

I think everything's a theory!
    All I know about the cell phones is that they pinged off a cell tower in/near Kota Baru.

7. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Active Member

Wanted to bring these posts over from the last thread
    We are discussing what Nymeria saw on tomnod

8. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

It is supposed to be the Indian Ocean, I went to it from the Tomnod FB page, but I just noticed it is the same date and time as the images from the previous search, so now I am wondering what I am looking at :waitasec:

9. ilovepierre

In response to soulmagnet's post from the last thread (I don't know to quote a post from within a quoted post):

It could just be the pixels being zoomed in on.
    I tried that too, but I didn't get any orange things showing up.
    I just got an over-pixelated photo.

10. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Forum Coordinators

Sad :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-military-radar.html?_r=0

Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appeared to show that the missing airliner climbed to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and turned sharply to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

The radar track, which the Malaysian government has not released but says it has provided to the United States and China, showed that the plane then descended unevenly to 23,000 feet, below normal cruising levels, as it approached the densely populated island of Penang.

An Asia-based pilot of a Boeing 777-200, who asked not to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to reporters, said an ascent above the plane&#8217;s service limit of 43,100 feet, along with a depressurized cabin, could have rendered the passengers and crew unconscious, and could be a deliberate maneuver by a pilot or a hijacker.

bbm

11. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

Bringing over info about the Poseidon planes (in case anyone is interested)-

Quote:
    "Originally Posted by Isabelle
    Does the Poseidan do night searches? Thanks"

Whatever the P-3 is can-

The P-3 would fly a search mission on Thursday evening using its radar, infrared and night vision capabilities, he said.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...search-effort/

It would seem the P-8 should have the same capability-

The P-8 is intended to conduct anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASUW), and shipping interdiction, along with an electronic intelligence (ELINT) role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_P-8_Poseidon

ETA- YES.

http://www.boeing.ca/en/Products-and.../P-8A-Poseidon

Raytheon provides the AN/APY-10 radar which delivers all weather, day/night multi-mission maritime, littoral and overland surveillance capabilities. Raytheon also provides the MK 54 lightweight torpedo.

12. ElleElle

ElleElle New Member

A friend says looking for MH370 is like looking for an eyelash in a swimming pool.

How deep in the Indian ocean? Is this where they are focusing their search on?

13. ilovepierre

The average depth of the ocean is 3,890 m (12,762 ft). Its deepest point is Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep.

So yes, it is like looking for an eyelash in a swimming pool...

14. GinaSeikwa

GinaSeikwa Member

Yes the flight deck can control the cabin oxygen system and no the flight deck occupants woud not be affected by this. Also security procedures have not changed at all worldwide throughout this incident so a future attack would not have to worry about circumventing security because at present there are no changes. Future can be tomorrow, next week, in 4 hours... Seriously frightening stuff happening.

15. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Based on what John51 has been posting (and I've been reposting because I think it's the motivation for the hijacking/commandeering), it really stood out to me.

This is in reference to the captain (bbm):

16. ilovepierre

So I'm on TomNod right now and it says that the imagry was captured March 12. Does that mean that any possible images are from yesterday?

17. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Active Member

It's deep.

The Indian Navy along with US Navy P-8A Poseidon and P-3Orion aircraft are in the Bay of Bengal (near the Andaman islands and Adaman Sea/Basin on the map below) and the USS Kidd is south of that in the Indian Ocean east of Indonesia(the area of the Cocos Basin on the map below) from the map I just saw on CNN Erin Burnett..but the USS Kidd

[​IMG]

18. ElleElle

ElleElle New Member

Sadly, yes this is possible. As the cabin depressurizes, surely there would no oxygen, not even enough with the masks. :moo:

19. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Active Member

So it's 11am Saturday over there..and we have the US Navy out searching hopefully we hear something this weekend.

20. GinaSeikwa

GinaSeikwa Member

The cargo compartment can be accessed from the main cabin. Also on board are two overhead crew rest compartments which may or may not have been subject to pre flight checks before flight. The fact that cargo may not have been inspected is interesting. The overhead crew rest can hold a number of people. Generally the cabin crew is responsible for checking the cabin crew rest area befor take off while the flight deck is responsible for checking theirs..

21. Peanutty

Peanutty New Member

Ok, I'm a newbie. But in thread 5 someone posted a piece of info from a pilot forum; that the erratic path through the 4 way stations actually would have kept the plane on the borders of air traffic control boundaries of different countries (Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand). Now I can't find the post - was it deleted because it wasn't main stream media? If that route was taken purposefully to skirt the boundaries of air traffic control that would, IMO, pretty much solidify hijacking (pilot or 3rd party). That would never happen just by coincidence.

Maybe I need to google and see if I can find the pilot forum that was referred to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.