Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you are right.

I am just trying to think, though, of what motive there would be to hijack the plane?

One thing is perhaps, a "trial run." I've heard this on the news. That they want to practice some plot before they carry out the "real" mission. But what would the real mission be?

It's just very perplexing.

Reasons to hijack a plane:

1. Terrorist actions:
a. Kill enemy aboard plane &/or on land
b. Create terror
c. Use plane for payload
d. Hold passengers and crew hostage for ransom/negotiation/other
e. Dry run
f. Package/load on plane to be delivered

2. Act of War
a. Downing another countries' plane to start conflict

3. Personal (Unrelated to any group or specific terror plot)
a. Revenge toward country, people, religion, airlines, etc.
b. Suicide
c. Homicide
d. Attention
e. Mental Illness

I don't think they have a clue where the plane is. This is urgent. That plane if landed could take off at any minute and kill more people. (i believe the passengers are dead if it landed, there is no logical reason to keep them alive except as hostages which would mean someone takes responsibility and makes demands and they are a danger alive to the hijackers-that is one large group of people). If they do have a clue, its only the last couple of days.

I do think the malaysian gov't said something completely new this morning, they have determined it was deliberately thrown off course. IMO when they say they also don't know if its a hijacking, it makes sense, they can't know if its hijackers, a pilot takeover or a bizarre pilot suicide. So those three options are still open. I call them hijackers in a loose sense that means anyone doing it nefariously, but the gov'ts have to be precise.

It is the first comfirmation we have from them that its found to be a deliberate act, we did not know that berfore, suspected yes.

Just thoughts, and a final one is that it crashed into ocean or desert and a number of countries are frantically double checking their radar for the latest time of the sat communication

imo

My head is still spinning from the constantly changing information. Here are just my :two cents:

The authorities know a LOT more than they are telling us. I think information is getting leaked slowly but there is a lot to this story.

Hijacking gone bad or some kind of illegal trafficking gone bad is where my thoughts are. Everyone on that plane has 'next of kin' and those next of kin will know something if anyone hijacked that plane. I'm sure they are investigating them and that is where they'll find answers.

SeriouslySearching;10337324]
If they have a need to kidnap a scientist...they have private jets in order to shuffle him around between countries and probably an army of people to do it.

This just brought to mind the opening scene from "Dark Knight Rises"-
I remember thinking what a crazy scene/idea this was-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Li998pZxwU"]The Dark Knight Rises - Plane scene - YouTube[/ame]

Quote about plot-
"In The Dark Knight Rises, at the beginning of the film Bane kidnapped a guy from the plane, then he drew blood from the guy he kidnapped (to leave his DNA). And then throughout the movie I didn't see any news regarding this kidnap scene. But, before the end of the movie we find out that the guy kidnapped by Bane was Dr Pavel. Bane needed him to convert the fusion project into a nuclear bomb and Dr Pavel was the only guy who could have done it."

I tend to agree that the US knows probably far more than Malaysia at this point.

I don't think this is a hostage situation. I think we are a millions miles past that exit.

The plane will probably NEVER fly again because I think its' only purpose was to deliver something to some terrorist sponsored state. Those materials are probably biological or bomb making assets that are obviously in bulk supply.

Unfortunately, I think all the passengers are dead.

I guess for that to be true, there would have to be many people involved (loading the plane, etc..).

They appear to be boats, but not so sure about what I see near them. Since they don't have a tag for boats/ships on this one, it is better for them to see if others tag it too.:

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/163106

Who is "in charge?" Country in which flight originated? What is the protocol in a situation like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally a rational person commenting on CNN Capt. Dave Funk. A slow developing mechanical or electrical problem that knocked out all systems with crew and passengers incompacitated like the Payne Stewart flight.Plane with auto pilot off could fly with stability for 7 hrs. and rising and decending while air speed varies.
I have been reading here for a week and some of the fantastical theories sound like a hollywood movie.I think people are getting carried away and not thinking logically. The
answer is the simplest explanation.

The answer almost always the most simple explanation, but there are exceptions.

So if there is a electrial and mechanical failure and the pilot is incapacitated, would the plane continue in a straight line? Presumably it would either do that or follow an autopilot route.
In the event of either situation, it should be possible to determine the route taken by the plane. Based on the amount of fuel (and of course depending on a large set of factors which affect fuel consumption) we'd have an approximate search location. I understand that would be a very large expanse.
So, with the amount of resources being used on the search operation, from various countries, there would be a concentrated search operation in an area to locate the black box signal or some wreckage.

No wreckage has been spotted by the search party, ships or planes so far. We would then assume perhaps that the plane is very deep under the water and went down fairly intact.

When you say the most simple explanation is the answer, the answer must fit the facts that are uncovered. What were are being given is a set of 'facts' (whether inaccurate information, we don't know) that don't lead to a clear explanation.

It has been reported that the transponders were deactivated manually. Perhaps this could be the result of that on going failure you speak of, I've not read that this is to be expected due to a mechanical or electrical failure. Do you know if that is the case?

I guess for that to be true, there would have to be many people involved (loading the plane, etc..).

Which begs the question...have they cleared Malaysian Airline security?

I tend to agree that the US knows probably far more than Malaysia at this point.

I don't think this is a hostage situation. I think we are a millions miles past that exit.

The plane will probably NEVER fly again because I think its' only purpose was to deliver something to some terrorist sponsored state. Those materials are probably biological or bomb making assets that are obviously in bulk supply.

Unfortunately, I think all the passengers are dead.
Oh Brilliant. I didn't consider the option the load was already on the plane at the point of hijacking it. :facepalm:

I hope I'm allowed to say this, though. My friend works for the TX company frequently quoted as having 20 employees on MH370. She, and the rest of the company, is extremely upset. The rumors of the plane being hijacked to gain some kind of tech or knowledge from these employees is - to her - beyond ridiculous.

My X and his co-workers fly all the time. Companies do that. It is, in this economic environment, normal for multiple employees of a business to fly together to a trade show or meeting.

If this is a 1st strike or a trial run, I'd say it was successful beyond *their* wildest dreams.

I'm not so sure a 2nd strike would work as well, but who knows? It could be a blind and an attack is coming from the other side of the world and this is the distraction?

I hope for the families that resolution is coming soon.

*just now catching up as usual*

Ragamuffin, my sis-in-law works for this company also. She works from home most of the time with just going into the Austin office a couple of days a week.

This company is so huge that there are always employees traveling. It is her job to keep up with who is where and when they will return. Many do the same job she does. She agrees that all of the speculation is ridiculous. The Mayalasia/China trip is routine. They have so many international employees. These were Chinese returning to China from a routine trip to Malaysia, as you know.

Everyone she works with is upset because 20 fellow employees (although she has never met any of them) were on that missing aircraft and are now most likely deceased.

Tell your friend to hang in there. We are all devastated about this missing aircraft and the 239 souls aboard.

:seeya:

*Ragamuffin, your friend will know what area my sis-in-law works in. She may even know her.

From the very beginning, the reports of those 2 people with stolen passports raised my hinky-meter, as I'm sure it did everyone's.

It was reported they bought one way tickets, but to different destinations.

IIRC, one was to Amsterdan, one was someonplace else and then on to Copenhagen.

Why would they go: Kuala Lumpur-Beijing-Amsterdam-Copenhagen?

Why wouldn't they just get direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Europe? If they were trying to get into Europe illegally, it would be much easier to be able to get on a plane in Kuala Lumpur, and go straight, rather than stopping in Beijing and having to have their security check their passports again, and possibily discovering the stolen passports?

Something about this does not make any sense (the 2 guys with stolen passports).

Let me find a link with their flight plans.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.578976

*****Never mind, b/c if what the lady is saying is true, they just asked for cheapest tickets to Europe and not this flight specifically.
Still, perhaps it's not about this specific flight - perhaps they had a plan which they were going to carry out on whichever flight they happened to be on.

JMO.

Probably boats. You can tell by the wake behind them.
These look like the China Sea tiles, I have tagged a few of those myself.
I have found that checking Tomnods FB and Twitter lets me know when new tiles/areas are added.
However, tag whatever you find, you just never know what will be important, and whatever is tagged get's looked at and analyzed.
:cheers: Keep at it ! :)

Would think if a plane this large crashed on land someone would have known.

Who is "in charge?" Country in which flight originated? What is the protocol in a situation like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, Malaysia thinks they are in charge. Also IMO, The US and China are the ones in charge. I think they both know a lot. And neither one will show their hand as they don't want anyone to know the extent of their spying capabilities.

Christ, none of this seems real to me. It's playing out like a spy novel.

From the very beginning, the reports of those 2 people with stolen passports raised my hinky-meter, as I'm sure it did everyone's.

It was reported they bought one way tickets, but to different destinations.

IIRC, one was to Amsterdan, one was someonplace else and then on to Copenhagen.

Why would they go: Kuala Lumpur-Beijing-Amsterdam-Copenhagen?

Why wouldn't they just get direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Europe? If they were trying to get into Europe illegally, it would be much easier to be able to get on a plane in Kuala Lumpur, and go straight, rather than stopping in Beijing and having to have their security check their passports again, and possibily discovering the stolen passports?

Something about this does not make any sense (the 2 guys with stolen passports).

Let me find a link with their flight plans.

AA, if I remember right they were Iranian "refugees", both looking to start a new life in Europe. One of them has a mother living in Germany.
I think they had to take a crazy route (and use fake passports) to avoid detection from being sent back to Iran. Has it ever been said how they got to Malaysia in the first place? I know they were visiting another person from Iran while there.

From a story about passengers-
They were both young Iranian men seeking a new life far from home, in Europe.

Eighteen-year-old Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad was hoping to join his mother in Germany - he chose a long and circuitous route from Iran to Kuala Lumpur, to transit through Beijing and onwards to Amsterdam and then Frankfurt.

"His mother was waiting for him," officials said, confirming she had been in touch with the authorities.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503469

Y'all probably already know this, but "Chad" on CNN just explained this and it clarified something for me.

The arcs indicate that the plane was indicated somewhere along the (arc) line at 8:11am. It does not indicate the flight path.

So, if the pings registered every hour, then where are the arcs indicating the potential locations at each of the prior points in time, i.e., from the prior hourly interval pings? Because these taken together would mark the possible flight path, no?

I am just catching up on the thread (stayed up watching BBC world news, waiting for Malaysia PM to get his butt in gear :facepalm:) so I am late to join today. So if this has been posted please forgive, I will delete if I see it is duped.

Not earth shattering, just posting a pic of what Scottndianner saw :seeya:
I think these have all been tagged and checked, but I tagged it again anyway.

View attachment 41906

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/167815

If you blow this up you can see that this object has defined corners. It looks square or rectangular. What is underneath it. I'm glad you tagged this again because boats are usually not square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong