Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE possible pilot suicide motive....I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but it just occurred to me that maybe because he was upset at the gov't about the prison sentence of Ibrahim, he reacted by creating an international crisis........the hijack........FULLY EXPECTING to be shot down in Malaysian airspace by the Malaysian gov't. That would explain why he lingered in Malaysian airspace for soooo long. But no one was paying attention, and didn't take the bait. So he either ran out of fuel and crashed...or landed somewhere. jmo jmo

But didnt that happen like the day before ... seems like this took quite some planning....

For what reason would they do this? They've made no demands (as far as we're aware) so what would be their reason of keeping so many hostages alive? They'd have to try and keep them under control at all times, water and feed them, provide toilets etc.
Perhaps we can assume that demands would have been exhanged quickly to reduce the time the perps would have had to keep so many hostages.

The Capt seems merciful. Freeing political prisoner as demand might be causing conflict within government. IDK throwing it out there.

Didn't I read during the Malaysian presser they reported the Greek ship said there was nothing seen or found?[/QUOTE

Those folks have denied everything that ended up being true! At this point I do not do the pressers I come to you all

They are useless - and its cultural - so the liklihood - as demonstrated for DAYS in all liklihood is not changing!]

NEXT WEEK? Well, isn't that helpful...........

Phone usage does take time.

Keep in mind, the passengers were all from different Countries. It may take longer than a week to get results from cell phones. Much longer.

Even in the U.S for Capital Murder cases (the worst charge a citizen can have), it can take a few months for cell phone data from State to State.

Now we have many Countries. Some may not have the info, it may not be a part of the cell phone service. Even if they do, it is not readily available, and make take longer than even the U.S. (longer than months) - which is still months State to State via Court Order.

Haven't they since said the altitude data was misleading because it showed a drop that couldn't have happened in the time frame indicated?

Correct. The data showed a 40k ft drop within a minute. Since that's physically impossible* if the plane continued flying (which pings show it did), the quality of the data is suspect. It was also said that distance from the radar source affects accuracy.

* the plane would have broken apart

The only concern I have regarding a terrorist explanation, is that generally terror groups want to be credited for their action, and we still don't know.
Someone mentioned last night that if this is only phase 1 of the plan...they wouldn't be ready to take credit. Phase 2 could still be in the works.

An aside. I read today that the French Flight that has been quoted much here, it took 2 years to find the "black box" even with somewhat "exact" coordinates of going down.

Just a time line for all to think about.

They're going to look at phone records next week. :rolleyes:

(Sorry, I'm just so disappointed with the M investigation...)

ETA: I am being sarcastic! Sorry for confusion. I was just being a smart azz!

Quoting myself to clarify. This isn't true (that I know of). I was being cynical. I know nothing about phone records.

Debris?
If you click all the surrounding tiles, you find even more!
The date of the sat. images is March 9, though and I thought all those images from then had been analyzed already?

ETA: Maybe they're fish :fish:

Thank You :) With the black tiles, I thought I was looking at ocean in the dark, but looking at the surrounding tiles, I now think it is over land at night time and those are lights.

Was still getting used to Tomnod :confused: but think I've got it figured out now.

Someone mentioned last night that if this is only phase 1 of the plan...they wouldn't be ready to take credit. Phase 2 could still be in the works.

If MH370 actually landed on ground, not crashed, phase 2 started as soon as the plane cooled down enough to touch, and no passengers are alive still.

It would be so darned tragic, the ultimate tragedy, if a country along 'the arc' had an itchy trigger finger, shot the plane down, and refuses to admit it due to national pride or military secrecy.

Thank You :) With the black tiles, I thought I was looking at ocean in the dark, but looking at the surrounding tiles, I now think it is over land at night time and those are lights.

Was still getting used to Tomnod :confused: but think I've got it figured out now.

If the tiles are simply black, when you can watch your rectangle on the right side where you have clicked, then there is nothing in the only black only. Your first hint is the slash of all black in a tile.

They do keep adding tiles, but I cannot keep up as it seems the Military is better served on this one. The flight a few months ago that crashed in the mountains, did not have that much assistance.

It would be so darned tragic, the ultimate tragedy, if a country along 'the arc' had an itchy trigger finger, shot the plane down, and refuses to admit it due to national pride or military secrecy.

One of my many theories too. Even though I know nothing of air space and flying, lack of communication could get a plane shot down in an instant.

Also, to those who think the plane landed, how did it get around radar? Because experts are saying it pretty unlikely the plane could've landed and evaded detection.
Wouldn't it depend on the country and the ones in control of the radar system? If a country/highly organized group is calling the shots, they would have people manning the radars looking the other way.

They have already said bordering the systems is one way to possibly avoid detection which obviously worked in this case.

former Inspector General of the United States Department of Transportation.....

This lady is awesome tough cookie

She went on a rampage (good) years ago about counterfeit sub par airplane parts (black market) and made a diff!

And really important in the Value jet crash...

Her book, although now old was really neat.....

'Flying Blind, Flying Safe by Mary Schiavo'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members