Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaria tablets? Do you think they were taking them for this area, I would think so

Malaysia Malaria Map - Fit for Travel

“This is a low to no risk zone. Anti-malarials usually not advised”.

But - any area bordering tropical forest will have mosquitos and I am sure that you could not open your windows and sleep peacefully…

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

On reports that she was wearing her underwear when she disappeared, police say this was just an extrapolation based on what Nora’s mother thought she had worn to bed.

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

SEREMBAN: The Irish teen who has been missing since Sunday is believed to have left the resort in Jalan Pantai only in her undergarments.

Nora Anna Quoirin, 15, who has learning disability, arrived in Negri Sembilan with her parents and two other siblings on Saturday for a two-week holiday at The Dusun, near here, before she went missing at 8am.

A local man, who is part of the ongoing search and rescue (SAR) operation since day one said the teen's parents had furnished the information to assist them in the operation.
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/510523/missing-irish-teen-left-resort-her-undergarments
The man who only wished to be known as Tan, 47, said the family had also informed him that the teen's clothes was still in the room.

"The CCTV at the resort too did not capture the image of the girl leaving the resort," he said.

He said as a local who has been living in the area for the past 13 years, he believes that the missing teen is still in the vicinity of the resort.
....snipped...

He also ruled out the possibility that the girl had been attacked by wildlife.

"I took it upon myself to find the girl since I know this area. I have gone through every nook and cranny, including nearby villages, but the girl is nowhere to be seen.

"However, I believe she is still around here," he said.

The SAR operation to find Nora entered day three today, with more than 160 personnel, comprising police, Fire and Rescue Services Department, Civil Defence, Rela and Forestry Department being dispatched to comb the surrounding dense jungle and hilly terrain in search for the teen.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/510523/missing-irish-teen-left-resort-her-undergarments

"The CCTV at the resort too did not capture the image of the girl leaving the resort," he said.

He said as a local who has been living in the area for the past 13 years, he believes that the missing teen is still in the vicinity of the resort.
....snipped...

He also ruled out the possibility that the girl had been attacked by wildlife.

"I took it upon myself to find the girl since I know this area. I have gone through every nook and cranny, including nearby villages, but the girl is nowhere to be seen.

"However, I believe she is still around here," he said.

The SAR operation to find Nora entered day three today, with more than 160 personnel, comprising police, Fire and Rescue Services Department, Civil Defence, Rela and Forestry Department being dispatched to comb the surrounding dense jungle and hilly terrain in search for the teen.

i wonder why this local man 'believes' Nora is still in the area.

What do we make of the scent dogs losing her scent, just yards from the resort?
The conditions wouldn't be great for dogs as they work best with more wet damp conditions, but dry and warm and the scent can rise and disperse. However, it could be her scent from the day before. It could also mean that she was picked up in a vehicle.

I think it would depend on what that exact spot was? Could a car drive to that exact spot? Is it a place where footprints indicative of a struggle or someone suddenly gaining the weight of a second person (by picking them up) would be spotted? Don't even know how long it was before the dogs were brought in or whether they lost the scent in an area where a lot of people had been searching for N after she was reported missing.

She opened the window and climbed out - with her siblings in the room perhaps the same bed - no one heard or saw a thing.
But she is too timid to go out in her own garden. Wouldn’t she have made some type of noise? Especially in that quiet environment?

Agree, completely atypical behaviour according to family accounts. She may have been disoriented from jet lag and not known where she was on this first night and just have stumbled around.

Also ventilation fans can make a lot of noise, as can the forest concert from about 4 A.M. onwards if the window was open at the time.

Because he’s familiar with the area and checked every nook and cranny? Plus the cctv footage did not capture her leaving?
yes, i understand that cctv did not show her leaving the resort. i just think it's an odd thing to state considering there are many variables. if every nook and cranny has been searched and he believes she is till there, does not tally. maybe not everywhere has been searched thoroughly.

I think it would depend on what that exact spot was? Could a car drive to that exact spot? Is it a place where footprints indicative of a struggle or someone suddenly gaining the weight of a second person (by picking them up) would be spotted? Don't even know how long it was before the dogs were brought in or whether they lost the scent in an area where a lot of people had been searching for N after she was reported missing.

Cars have to be left outside a set of gates to the resort I believe.

This is more a question than an answer: Assuming that she arrives with a suitcase of clean clothes and shoes, maybe some new for the holiday. She arrives, showers and changes, leaves barefoot or wearing new flip flops.

Would that be a strong enough trail for the dogs to follow in comparison with the used clothing that the family would have provided to rescue teams?

This is more a question than an answer: Assuming that she arrives with a suitcase of clean clothes and shoes, maybe some new for the holiday. She arrives, showers and changes, leaves barefoot or wearing new flip flops.

Would that be a strong enough trail for the dogs to follow in comparison with the used clothing that the family would have provided to rescue teams?
I'd imagine so since it's our skin cells and hair that we drop that the dogs will follow, but I wouldn't be absolutely sure.

In the meantime, searches continue:

Search and rescue for Irish teen missing in Negri Sembilan enters fourth day | Malay Mail

NILAI, Aug 7 — It has been 72 hours since the search and rescue (SAR) operations activated to locate Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, a missing Irish teenager.

The scope of this SAR operation which entered its fourth day, has been expanded to include surrounding hills and creeks and not limited to the surrounding area of the four-acre resort.

Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department deputy director (Investigation/ Legal) Datuk Salehhudin Abd Rahman when met by Bernama explained that finding the Irish girl was not an easy task.

He said in order to locate meet the girl as soon as possible, the operations today was also assisted by local people including the Orang Asli people who volunteered to help locating Quoirin.

“There are many other parties who are willing to cooperate with us,” he said.

Article continues

I'd imagine so since it's our skin cells and hair that we drop that the dogs will follow, but I wouldn't be absolutely sure.
yes, every human has their own individual scent and a dog that is trained in search & rescue will still be able to trace a human whether they have recently cleaned themselves or not. dogs are amazing xo

Does that^^ mean they didn't see her leaving 'the gates' at the entrance?

Where exactly does this cctv point?

Is there a way she could have left or been taken, that would not be on cctv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305