Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Hoping they done this at the beginning

Alyce, Amonet, Gardener1850 and 6 others like this.

2. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how valuable the fingerprints will be, it's a resort. Depending on what is cleaned/how well the cleaning is done, there could be innumerable fingerprints where the family was staying. MOO.

3. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

You're right, but I think it's to rule in/out any criminals, they are checking to see if whether the prints could belong to a criminal or an outsider (assuming that means someone who was not a guest or a staff member)

Al Ka, Alyce, Amonet and 13 others like this.
  4. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

That was my first thought as well, but I know nothing about fingerprinting. Are they able to detect "layers?" For example, Mom and Dad's fingerprints on a doorknob, but an unknown person's prints on top of them?

neesaki, Amonet, Elainera and 9 others like this.
  5. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

I would go with what the sister says. There’s a good chance Nora does things her parents don’t know about but which her siblings do. It’s interesting that the parents won’t let the siblings talk to LE anymore. I think they’ve set their minds on the fact that she wouldn’t wander off by herself and they don’t want anyone (especially her sister and brother) to put a kink in that narrative.

Kittybunny, Mayfly, Alyce and 16 others like this.
  6. jenn83

jenn83 Well-Known Member

Exactly. In the beginning, I read in one article that she is non-verbal and now one of the reports from this morning, said she could speak English and French.

neesaki, bluenoser, Amonet and 14 others like this.
  7. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

Wondering if they are looking at those closest to this scenario, parents, workers, and anyone living close by. If she was taken, has to be someone who know the area and know how to get in and out quickly.

8. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

bluenoser, Alyce, Amonet and 9 others like this.
  9. Lass from Yorkshire

Lass from Yorkshire Well-Known Member

How come?

Edit - Ok me being stupid.. know the answer!

Elainera, Kaykedi and dotr like this.
  10. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

OK I'm glad I'm not the only one. My thoughts on this fly far in the face of my usual "Occam's Razor" approach and at this point, it's just a gut feeling but something definitely isn't adding up. I have no reason to suspect familial involvement at this time but a lot about this case so far is atypical. My circumstantial feelings are:

- Why did the family immediately say NQ was 'abducted' and broadcast this to the media? Malaysian police said they couldn't say one way or the other but the family and their spokespeople continued to bang that drum

- Why did the parents immediately retain an attorney? I get they are in a foreign country but the behaviors since go against what you typically see

- Everything else mentioned in Blondie's quoted post

I'd also like to understand what developmental disabilities Nora specifically has. Might be helpful if others help search for her. Can she speak or or verbalize? Does she understand when people call her own name? How many ADL's can she perform - specifically transporting? I'm asking because if she is able to ambulate, you can't really say she "couldn't have" run off. It's likely she WOULDN'T have but the family has made it seem like she's almost an invalid that has no capability to do much of anything.

I'd like to understand the extent of that. I don't ever like thinking or hearing about absolutes in cases like these - i.e. - "[Missing person] would NEVER wander off". While unlikely, you can't really say never unless they aren't physically capable. The family has made it seem like NQ isn't capable but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

OK enough conspiracy theorizing - back to what we know. I'll let the Malaysian police do their job and see where the investigation leads. I do agree though the odds of finding NQ alive and well at this point are incredibly low. :(

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  11. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

neesaki, Al Ka, Alyce and 8 others like this.
  12. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

Oopps. Thanks, will delete.

Elainera, dotr and Jealoushe like this.
  13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

neesaki, Alyce, Gardener1850 and 6 others like this.
  14. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Things really aren't adding up here, there more that comes out the more confusing it gets.

15. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

What was the weather that morning? I can't get past the fact the dogs picked up no scent? So was she carried I wonder?

16. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

It's ok to say "there's a strange review over on Trip Advisor", but we can't link to/quote specific reviews as obviously they can't be validated!

17. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it make it seem as if she got in a vehicle?
    I mean eventually the scent would dissipate, however, I would think that it would take a day or two and wouldn't the scent be stronger if she spent some time at a spot, like to take a rest?
    Just my own, over exaggerated musings

18. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Maybe if there was a vehicle leaving after midnight or so? Or just investigate anyone leaving at night, to see if they saw anything?

19. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

Thank you!! This is why I don't usually post when I haven't followed the entirety of the thread. Lesson learned.

20. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I did the same thing yesterday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.