Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

And we do not know how the questions were ask.

2. Kaykedi

Kaykedi Well-Known Member

So sorry you and your child had to go through that. And then to not be believed by some. Says more about them than it does about you x

3. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

So she definitely was sleeping downstairs then?

Blondie in Spokane and Kaykedi like this.
  4. Blamhappy

Blamhappy Well-Known Member

I’d say 12 year olds are reasonably clued up. When you had it as eight, I agreed completely.

I’m still not taking it seriously, even so, because it sounds like it was just a guess.

5. Simply Southern

Thanks I corrected.
    Still moo, police enticed this statement.

Do we know the laws in this county, for questioning children? Just saying....

Dre, Mayfly, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  6. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Must have been someone else. I didn't mention her age before. :)

It sounds like a guess but it is informative also as to Nora's capabilities IMO.

7. Blamhappy

Sorry!

Kaykedi and Tortoise like this.
  8. SerenSimone

SerenSimone Well-Known Member

I don't think the family's behaviour is strange at all to be honest. The media are fickle and untrustworthy, they only care about what story sells, I wouldn't be keen on having them taking loads of photos of me and my family and throwing questions at us every time we step outside at the best of times let alone in this kind of nightmare. I would not want my children being extensively questioned by police while they are already experiencing such trauma. They gave an initial statement, nothing more to say. We don't know in what manner the police are questioning them, if they are asking leading questions for example, or have an aggressive tone.

I'm now erring on the side of abduction after the latest updates however the logistics of how they'd manage it aren't quite clear from the limited information we have. Perhaps she did go out first. Or maybe went downstairs trying to find her parents and confused in the new layout and it just so happened the intruder was already in. I think it must have been someone very comfortable with the surroundings who knew exactly what they were doing and where they were going. They had a plan to get in and out undetected and remain that way.

If she'd wandered off and got lost or stuck somewhere you'd expect some sort of trace of her to be found by now. It's difficult terrain, hot, lots of bugs/rats/snakes etc. I can't imagine she'd get far alone. Still hoping for a miracle on this one.

Eve71, EmilyVan, Al Ka and 14 others like this.
  9. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

She might have a condition where it's very hard to explain details like how severe 'learning difficulties' are. There are conditions in which people can understand and communicate in multiple languages but where they also have some degree of occasional or situational mutism.

There are conditions where children/people can do maths to a high standard and can't tie shoe laces or cook a ready meal or bathe and dress themselves.

How do you condense these complexities down to a two- or three-word phrase?

10. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

They were staying in the Sora House?
    From looking at guest pictures and reviews of that particular house - open concept and a spiral staircase that leads from the loft bedroom upstairs down to the first floor, right at the lower bedroom. I don’t see the parents closing their door first night in an unfamiliar area. JMO

11. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Maybe by "swim" they mean she was at the river, splashing, not necessarily swimming. Sorry have no clue :(

12. Blamhappy

Unless she’s in water? Frequently in these cases we wonder why no trace is found for ages, only for the body to turn up weeks later. (I hope she’s alive, obviously.)

Kaykedi, IHAVENOCLUE, songbrd and 5 others like this.
  13. scumbellina

scumbellina Active Member

I thought so too. All the other houses, that are shown on the site at least, don't look suitable for kids as they seem very high up and only have one bedroom. From the snippets in articles it seems to be the only one that fits because the rest don't really have windows.

I don't have kids but I cannot fathom how anyone would bring kids there. It looks really dangerous. I couldn't relax with kids running about up those heights. I also have ASD myself and the place sounds like a nightmare for anyone with sensory issues (no/little light, insect/animal noises, heat as there's no aircon, no locks or security)

14. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

So that explains why she wasn't seen on cctv - the resort is not fenced/walled in, anybody could get in or out undetected and so could have Nora if she wandered around by herself.

To me this feels a bit like they're humouring the family now. Lets do some forensics to calm them down .... LE must be knowing that unknown fingerprints won't mean much if anything in a semi-public space?

Imo the open window is a red herring. The doors were open it was said in the beginning, more likely then she left via a door. Maybe she was looking for her parents or for the bathroom and accidentally stumbled outside. Once outside, it was dark, she panicked.

I still think they should search the whole resort again. The resort owners said they and the staff searched the whole place until Sunday afternoon, that's about 8 hours maximum. Is that long enough? Did the search teams ever search inside the resort? All houses, rooms, crawlspaces, vehicles, sheds etc?

therion20, tennison, Al Ka and 13 others like this.
  15. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Yep, I found a number of them myself, some of them were prettyyy weird. From around November 2017.

16. Elainera

What do you mean by that?

Dre, songbrd, RachelZachary and 2 others like this.
  17. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I don’t find it strange that she would do something out of the ordinary like go outside by herself. The houses are very open concept. I wonder if they really had everything closed tight for the night. How could you sleep in a place that doesn’t have AC without opening windows and doors to get some sort of breeze? I see that their temps run about 90-92 degrees with 96% humidity. I personally wouldn’t be able to sleep :(

18. bronbaby

bronbaby Well-Known Member

I took from his statement "harmed by someone" covers this. xo

Kaykedi, Stanly and Suglo like this.
  19. Elainera

I have seen several pictures where someone (searcher? LE? Army?) Is carrying a weapon. Why is this deemed necessary when searching for a missing child?

20. Simply Southern

I've worked with special needs all my life. IMOO, in the pictures, she looks afraid/shy. I've had kids and adults who are very calm and good natured but ....won't go up steps or won't leave the mother without anxiety.

So I believe this family, I feel she was taken. She looks to timid to even walk outside alone.

If there was a risk, I know think these parents would have gone on this trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.