Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dusun @ Seremban

Pictures and explanation from guest of house.

This is useful thanks. I'm not a fan of spiral staircases at the best of times but I would hate to climb those at night! Surely someone would have to be descending super stealthily to not rouse everyone?!

So NQ and siblings were on the mezzanine floor? And parents on the ground floor? And one of the large windows was open in the morning?

Is the balcony totally open - assume there must be a door I can't see? Sliding?

Ah, the reporting on this case is confusing.

According to the Dusun website, Sora and Emas houses are the only ones that seem to be capable of accommodating a family with 3 children.
Even so, these houses only have two bedrooms.
One double bedroom downstairs - double bed
One bedroom upstairs - with one double and one single bed

so how can this statement be accurate ?
My small ones will happily share a double bed! Assume this is the case...

Has anything been mentioned about whether the other villas within the complex were occupied? Believe there are 7 in total, max capacity in total being 20 adults. Reviews on TA suggest v small number of staff on site and doesn't sound like they live in - they clean villas between check out/check in, serve breakfast and make a simple evening meal if pre-ordered. Also on site sounds like original owners (retired) and their daughter's family who manage/run it now. They all share the facilities.
I heartily hope that the entire facility is 'locked down'..

My small ones will happily share a double bed! Assume this is the case...

yes, I agree and would have expected NQ and her sister to share, leaving the single bed for their brother.

the confusion arises because the article says NQ was in one upstairs bedroom and her siblings were in another, whereas there is only one bedroom on the upper level.

This is useful thanks. I'm not a fan of spiral staircases at the best of times but I would hate to climb those at night! Surely someone would have to be descending super stealthily to not rouse everyone?!

So NQ and siblings were on the mezzanine floor? And parents on the ground floor? And one of the large windows was open in the morning?

Is the balcony totally open - assume there must be a door I can't see? Sliding?
No door at all to balcony, and no locks on front entrance door- so the whole window story seems a strange fact (why would you not walk in or out of the front door if they don’t have locks)

'He also told a news conference that it was the window in the living room downstairs that was left open, and not the one in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was sleeping.

Her siblings were sleeping in another room upstairs.'

Nora Quoirin: Malaysia investigates fingerprints in missing London teen's holiday cottage

This might be more of a miscommunication.

The point seems to be that the window that was found open was downstairs in the living room and not in the bedroom upstairs where N was sleeping, and that the siblings were sleeping upstairs.

Maybe the 'another room' part is inaccurate and is more to reiterate that the open window wasn't in the area where any of the children were sleeping?

My husband and I have three kids. One kid has autism. Sleeping partners are not always as expected. For example I will often sleep with my son so the rest of the gang can sleep with less disruptions.

With or with out autism/Learning disabilities and so on, in any travelling family scenario. I would guess sleep may be an issue, due to time changes etc.

rbbm.
Family of British girl Nora Quorin missing in Malaysia remain hopeful
"Deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said a forensic team was analysing fingerprints found in the family’s cottage.

The prints were at an open window in a downstairs hall, not in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was sleeping with her siblings, he said.

Police added they were “not ruling out any possibility” and they believe Nora is still in the area.

The rescue operation involves more than 200 people working around the clock."

rbbm.
Family of British girl Nora Quorin missing in Malaysia remain hopeful
"Deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said a forensic team was analysing fingerprints found in the family’s cottage.

The prints were at an open window in a downstairs hall, not in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was sleeping with her siblings, he said.

Police added they were “not ruling out any possibility” and they believe Nora is still in the area.

The rescue operation involves more than 200 people working around the clock."
It is more believable to me that someone could come in or go out, of a downstairs hallway window.

Maybe she woke up, while everyone else was still sleeping. And she came downstairs, to living room area?

Did someone climb in the hallway window, after seeing her there?

Did she climb out the window, so she could go outside and see the birds?

The Dusun @ Seremban

Pictures and explanation from guest of house.

Is the balcony totally open - assume there must be a door I can't see? Sliding

No door at all to balcony, and no locks on front entrance door- so the whole window story seems a strange fact (why would you not walk in or out of the front door if they don’t have locks)

From the link 20190808_043234.jpg

No doors but the terrace looks like it's higher than ground level? Doesn't look like she could've just walked out that way. jmo

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but isn't the accommodation within a nature reserve? What sort of fauna exists here? Any that is potentially dangerous?

If you look back at post 662, there are conflicting statements re this.

Editing to add, Amonet's comment just above this gives a very good explanation of what the confusing reporting might actually mean.

This article address the conflict in where she was sleeping.

The Malaysian police indicated that Nora had her own bedroom but Nora's grandfather Sylvain Quoirin said she was sleeping in the same room as her siblings.

He said: "Nora disappeared in extremely mysterious conditions since she was sleeping in the room with her sister and brother.

"In the morning, the window was open and she had disappeared, whereas after an 18-hour flight and a seven-hour time difference you would sleep soundly and not go for a stroll at night.

"Everyone went to bed tired, and in the morning Nora wasn't there."

Missing Nora Quoirin, 15, may have been abducted, Malaysian cops finally admit as they probe fingerprints found in cottage where she vanished

From The Dusun website all the cabins were 2 bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23